Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. joanne82
    Started by joanne82,

    This seems like a bit of a daft question really but I have my medical in the morning, and i'm not sure what to wear for it... is it formal or do you need to be in something which you can move in!!? I never recieved a letter explaining it as they called me with a cancellation date last Fri... anyone already attended? Cheers, Joanne

    • 3 replies
    • 330 views
    herewegoagain1546620183
  2. Borat1546620039
    Started by Borat1546620039,

    Hi I have just submitted my security form and i am waiting for my medical (been told this is a 9 month wait for WMP). I beleive at this stage they will contact my previous employers and personal references. I'm just wandering what exactly do they ask the personal references?

    • 5 replies
    • 985 views
    herewegoagain1546620183
  3. HarryWestMids
    Started by HarryWestMids,

    hey i rang up the recriutment today, they said i had a provisional date of the 12th or 13th of may i cant actually remember which it was now! i was wondering anyone else starting on that date? i wasnt told where i would be based though!

    • 5 replies
    • 1.3k views
  4. joanne82
    Started by joanne82,

    Hey! I have my medical this Wednesday, followed by my fitness test on the 23rd April, all being well, when do you think (approx) my start date will be?? I have heard there is an intake in May and August (GMP). What are my chances of starting in May? Cheers Jo

    • 9 replies
    • 1.8k views
  5. sgerrard1974
    Started by sgerrard1974,

    I received a letter on saturday from gmp recruitment, basically assuring me that i havent been forgotten and that i should be recieving a date for an interview shortly. It has me wondering how many must of apllied and what's the amount of manpower GMP are recruiting this year, or are they just covering normal loss of manpower i.e retirements and people leaving?

    • 1 reply
    • 222 views
  6. RobEmery
    Started by RobEmery,

    Hey all, As the topic states I have just got my assessment centre date on St Georges day! 23rd of April. (just under 7 weeks notice!) I have all the books ready, a DVD and a wonderful girlfriend who gives the occasional jolt up the backside if I start to slack off! I must admit I do find this all a bit scary but I am looking forward to the assessment centre. I'm treating it as my opportunity to shine! Anyone else Applying to Hampshire?

    • 4 replies
    • 517 views
  7. soley
    Started by soley,

    Hi All, I've recently found out that I have the MET A/C day 1 on 16th April. If I were to be successful can anyone tell me the sort of timings of the next stages etc? Anyone else going to this A/C on the 16th? Thanks

    • 0 replies
    • 307 views
  8. HankMcG
    Started by HankMcG,

    As the title says, at my fitness today for Lincolnshire the PTI's said that they were pushing for the pass mark to be raised to level 8 (and hinted that it was going to go ahead sooner rather than later). Has anyone else heard of this? I'm thinking it could be a sneaky scare tactic used by them to get us to improve our fitness - as half the people stopped at level 6 (people that obviously could have done so much more) Im just a tad worried as i've never ever been able to get much more than level 7, so although i've passed today, i wouldnt be able to pass future bleep tests during training. :smiley_help: James

  9. Briskoda
    Started by Briskoda,

    Passed today at sedgly park in Manchester this is forthe girl who asked what my name was on here Well done to you anyway,the other lad who was with me didnt pass

    • 2 replies
    • 244 views
  10. mdavidson81
    Started by mdavidson81,

    Next year i'm moving up to the north west to the Wigan area. I have a choice of GMP, Cheshire or Lancashire. I did a days attachment last week with Cheshire and GMP and whilst very impressed with Cheshire, was very let down by GMP. Nice officers (the blokes i worked with were top banana,) but really outdated kit and systems and there didn't seem any structure or guidance to the way they worked. However at the time of doing the attachment they were the only force actually accepting transferees. Cheshire won't until at least the 2nd half of 2008 and Lancs didnt know when. BUT today i got a call from Lancs, asking if i was still considering transferring, and they would lik…

    • 9 replies
    • 2.6k views
  11. jendrix
    Started by jendrix,

    Hello all! I'm dyslexic, and this often effects my spelling and grammar. I'm currently a serving member of police staff, I have been for over three years. My question is: If I do very well in the Interview, the role plays, but terrible in the English and maths part, will I fail instantly or can my overall score pull things back and get me through? I'm working hard on my maths and think that I'll do ok on that part, but I'm terrible with English. With out Word my handwriting is just readable but I often spell certain words slightly wrong and my grammer isn't always spot on. I have won awards for my current work; I have great refere…

    • 4 replies
    • 892 views
  12. kellyleekyle
    Started by kellyleekyle,

    HI guys. well i got my results today and it was a fail. I really am confused at the results though. First time i submitted it to Lancs, it passed with B overall (failed A/C) next time i sent it in it scorred A overall as i tweaked it a little (failed on spelling) but scored in the top 3% of all candidates. 6 months later i send the same exact form (SPELLING FIXED) into GMP and it fails with a C overall. There is a big difference beetween A and C. effective communication on both previous applications scored an A but scored C this time. Im beginning to feel its not ment to be. I thought i had a strong application, but this has knocked me for six. any thoughts wou…

  13. joanne82
    Started by joanne82,

    Anyone waiting on a Manchester fitness date? I Passed my interview on Mon 17th march. any idea how long the wait is until medical and fitness??? cheers, Jo

    • 9 replies
    • 598 views
  14. animal4
    Started by animal4,

    I'm starting training with Glocs in 3 months, but currently dont have a licence. Do i need one before i start training? Dont want to ask the recruitment dept, as they might have assumed i do have one. Intensive driving course ahoy!

  15. portnoy
    Started by portnoy,

    Hello, I'm planning to apply for the met but i have a few mild medical conditions that i'm concerned about. I don't want to spend all the time and energy applying and then fail the medical. Is there anyway to get this information so I don't have to go through a lot of disappointment later down the line.

    • 4 replies
    • 347 views
    jemz1546620088

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.