Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. sussex_cop
    Started by sussex_cop,

    Yes, I was wondering what the pass mark is on the ye old lung capacity test. What do they look for, and most importantly what do they not want to see.

  2. Backtothefuture
    Started by Backtothefuture * ,

    As per the title of this topic,I'm a 'mature' (OK then,41 year old!) potential recruit who has previously served in the Police some fifteen years ago.Prior to that I served in the military for five years. I'm currently half way through a part time Law degree,having achieved a 2:1 average in the course to date,so would put this to good use as a re-entrant. Educationally and fitness wise,I don't think the entry tests would present any great difficulty;I am at level 9 on the 'beep test' even at my age. Have any of you come across mature applicants during the recruitment process,and if so,how did they fare? Despite the anti ageism legislation,I have little doubt that it st…

    • 8 replies
    • 901 views
  3. DMCN
    Started by DMCN,

    It's still a while to go before I should be 'Giving Examples...' However, i'm trying to get everything sorted as soon as! I've been through interviews before with this Giving Example idea, and it does get quite stressful, I can't help but keep giving examples of my current job Plumbing, and you eventually feel like your talking nonsense (most of the time I am right enough). Give an example of a time when you... 1. Worked as part of a team Now I tend to go on about how me and my 'Plumbing Team' fitted X amount of bathroom suites in 1 week, and because we all pulled together and worked as team, one helped the other, that's why we reached it within a time scale. But I …

    • 1 reply
    • 429 views
  4. WilliamTaylor14
    Started by WilliamTaylor14,

    How far do they look back and what do they take into account? I have had a lot of days at school (injuries, all recovered now though) However I am reading that they can say no to you if you have had days off. I am in secondary school, but if I do a- level and get some jobs in the next few years will they now look at my school records? (sorry i posted it in another place, I thought I was in this one originally)

    • 6 replies
    • 774 views
  5. legend of zelda
    Started by legend of zelda * ,

    hi all, just looking for advice as to whether ill be successfull in my attempt to joing gmp. my online application form is completed and well written. im 20 left school and did a 2 year golf course in the north of england then last year work as a labourer for a bricklaying firm. i am currently doing a 1 year sports course at another college whilst working as a sports development officer which is all about going into schools organising events and forming new sports teams in my area. I also play rugby league and am playing academy rugby this summer. will the lack of consistancy (going to college then working then going to college again) be a negative thing in the eyes …

    • 4 replies
    • 587 views
  6. norwichguy
    Started by norwichguy,

    so, after hearing that certain forces had reverted from 60% pass marks back to 50% i looked into essex police who i have an assessment with tomorrow. to my horror i discovered that they had infact lowered their pass mark meaning for me that in 2007 when i failed by 6 percent if i had gotten a later assessment i would have in fact passed by 4%...make sense? this happened twice for me.....but has put my hopes p for my essex assessment tomorrow because i hit over 50% each time............please god let this be 3rd time lucky! wish me luck guys! matt

    • 3 replies
    • 439 views
  7. GarethJ
    Started by GarethJ,

    Hi everyone, Had my medical a few days ago. Everything seemed fine. Other than my hearing, they said the higher frequencies were quite poor for someone of my age. How bad do things have to be before you fail, and will it be obvious on the day if you've failed? The Doctor said "You're in good health I'll pass these results along" at the end, which sounded positive. But she seemed a touch concerned about my hearing. I suppose it's only a week to wait anyway! Gareth

    • 11 replies
    • 787 views
  8. Paul C1546620148
    Started by Paul C1546620148,

    I passed my final interview for GMP yesterday, I'm so happy I managed it. It finally feels like i'm really on track for becoming a police officer. Has anyone else had their final interview recently?

    • 21 replies
    • 1.1k views
  9. Lee4
    Started by Lee4 * ,

    Has anyone had a start date for their training with Dyfed Powys yet?

  10. jlong951
    Started by jlong951,

    Hi, I was reading through this guide i bought about becoming a police officer, and the police could you website. On the website there is a sample test of the questions (im presuming you could be faced with), are the questions really as easy as that??? What is the pass mark? Here are examples of what i mean: http://www.policecouldyou.co.uk/officers/numbers.php http://www.policecouldyou.co.uk/officers/verbal.php Secondly... I have seen alot of post's and heard things about many people that are aged around 18-19 that apply to the police force and are rejected because of lack of life experience... is this common for young applicants and what is the average age to get …

    • 7 replies
    • 1.3k views
    PC Angel1546620192 *
  11. Trouble1546620191
    Started by Trouble1546620191 * ,

    Hi all, I've got my fitness test on 15th April and then hopefully the good old medical, TROUBLE is the old BMI is 35. Will I be sent away to lose weight or will I get binned? Anyone got any advice. Ta oh I did mean Mass not ass,DOH!!

  12. joanne82
    Started by joanne82,

    This is more of a 'sounding off' cause I'm so fed up!! Ive not been to the gym for 8 days now due to being poorly... my fitness test is a week on wed (23rd) I'm hoping this isnt gonna have too much of an effect on my fitness.... I have Thurs and Friday this week off work so I could hammer it then but aaaarrrgggghhh I'm so angry wi my body for getting sick at this point!! lol!!! sorry for the rant!! Joanne :whistle2:

  13. hbmariners
    Started by hbmariners,

    The best of luck to anyone who is taking their A/C this week. Karl.

    • 2 replies
    • 245 views
  14. radiator
    Started by radiator,

    Waiting on my medical date with West Midlands, I'm fit and healthy and not worried about the fitness test. However I've got asthma its very mild but i still take a brown preventor twice a day and the blue one every so often usually mornings when i get out of bed. Bit worried now, dont really want to fall at one of the last hurdles. Was just wondering how many officers or student officers out there have got in with the same sort of problem i have. Need a pick me up.

    • 3 replies
    • 276 views
  15. norwichguy
    Started by norwichguy,

    hey guys, i have an assessment with essex police on monday 21st of april 2008 at sandford HQ 11am. this is my 3rd time trying.....really hope i get it. failed by 3% last time, how harsh is that! haha! third time lucky? god i hope so. if anyone has past and can give tips or pointers id really appreciate it! matt

    • 7 replies
    • 328 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.