Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. halifaxguy
    Started by halifaxguy,

    Hello i was just wondering during the medical do we have a BMI test? what is the level you have to aim for? if you are slightly over 30 is that it your out on your ear?

  2. carolwar1546620144
    Started by carolwar1546620144,

    Hi, Well after what seems like I have been waiting an eternity, and transferring to another force (the smartest move I ever made), I have just been giving my confirmed start date for 2nd June. To say that i was jumping for joy when recruitment called is a bit of an understatement After resigning myself to the fact that i would not make this next intake as my vetting had not cleared yet they called yesterday to say that it was all done. However then came the pesky little issue of notice.....well am meant to give a month....obvisouly that is not going to happen, am so glad i have a really understanding employer, who is letting me go regardless of how it drops them …

    • 1 reply
    • 339 views
  3. goughy1546620133
    Started by goughy1546620133,

    Ive requested an application pack from northampton, but i havnt yet recieved it! How long approximatley should it take for me to get the pack. Sorry if this is petty but i want to start the ball rolling. Cheers

  4. editor
    Started by editor,

    Hi, i'm new to this site so please bear with me. I applied to one of the forces and after passing all the tests, i have come against the dreading vetting and failed!! :sad: i have found out what i failed on and obviously i don't want to go into too much detail, but lets just say that i have no criminal record as such (i.e no cautions, charges, warnings, bail terms etc), never done drugs, never been in a fight or had anything involving cars, but yes, i do have an arrest. Of course, i stated this from the very start as it would be foolish to omit it (talk about shooting yourself in the foot if i did). This arrest led to a police investigation, but i was totally aquitt…

    • 21 replies
    • 2.1k views
  5. Eliria
    Started by Eliria,

    Hi All I'm completely new to forums and have been reading through a lot of the posts and taking in all the information I can to help me through my process. I'm currently applying for West Midlands Police and have an assessment centre date of 17th April 2008. (next thursday ) I was wondering if there is anyone out there that has been through the whole process recently and can tell me how long the wait is between each of the elements. I've been told that it's approx 2 weeks before you hear whether you've passed your A/C or not, but don't really have a clue what the wait is before I can actually start. I found out last month that I'm being made redundant from my curr…

  6. policeeee
    Started by policeeee,

    Hi I had my medical and fitness test today. All went well exept the urine test. It showed traces of blood. Nurse explained that this sometimes happens and told me to drink a load of water and try again. Same thing happened again. I did this for a third time and it was all clear. She passed me and I went on to the fitness test. I managed to book an apointment with my GP this afternoon as I was a little worried, did a test with him and it was clear. He gave me a couple of test strips for me to check as well, so far nothing. He explained that somtimes physical exercise can cause this and there is nothing to worry about. Has anyone ever heard of this as I was quite worri…

    • 4 replies
    • 409 views
  7. HankMcG
    Started by HankMcG,

    Not a peep out of recruitment since my A/C on the 24th of april (i think thats when it was, anyways...) and have been super nervous, wondering why everyone else had heard, and i hadnt. fingernails are almost non-existant and my hair is going grey!! Got home today to find a big white envelope - was expecting my results, but instead theres a letter confirming date of my medical, and stuff about my job history, and the orange booklet for my vetting.....no results still though!! so im assuming that this isnt an error, that i have passed, and that my results are in fact lost in the post? James

  8. betpool
    Started by betpool,

    I'm currently looking at my career options and wondered where I can expect to be in 5 years or so. What rank, what opportunities etc? Cheers

  9. peterg
    Started by peterg,

    Hi guys, I am due to start training with Herts Constabulary on June 16th. Does anyone know happens at the start? I have seen postings about being kitted out with loads of stuff? But is this when you start at a station or when you start on your very firt day of training?? Exscited but not sure what to expect.....

    • 7 replies
    • 971 views
  10. ops_monkey
    Started by ops_monkey * ,

    Hi.. I'm applying for service as a Police Officer. I'm currently a serving member of HM Forces. In the guidance notes it states: "Applications from Service Personnel will be accepted only if you have 12 months or less to serve before discharge" Can anyone give clarification on this as I know of a former serving member of the military who is now in the Police, they did not have less than 12 months service left when they applied. It is commonly know that the military will let you leave the forces with a guaranteed offer of acceptance from either the Police or Fire Service. Thanks

    Scottish Rat
  11. halifaxguy
    Started by halifaxguy,

    hi i had my medical today for merseyside police (PCSO)... how long does it normally take to get back your results, im really nervous now as i just want to know if i passed, everything seemed to go ok, but the doc didnt give anyhing away... all worried now lol

    • 3 replies
    • 235 views
    Tim in the South
  12. adamboy
    Started by adamboy,

    Hi i was just wondering how long this went on for as i need somebody to take me there and pick me up. Is there anywhere they can sit and have a tea for example. Any other information would be great thanks.

    • 4 replies
    • 150 views
    Sierra Lima +
  13. bigmike
    Started by bigmike * ,

    I'm currently waiting to start with lancashire police. i passed all medical fitness and interviews and didn't hear anything off them after my medical. I spoke to recruitment office and they said there are people infront of me and they won't start background checks for at least 8 weeks. (also seemed quite annoyed that I rang and told me not to do it again) I'm just wondering is it normal to have to wait like this and after the checks how long will a start date take to come through? i sent my paper application form off last september and just wonder how much longer i will have to wait. cheers

    • 4 replies
    • 669 views
    Sierra Lima +
  14. Borat1546620039
    Started by Borat1546620039,

    Just another thought after i posted another topic in the medical section. I have had no contact with my father for the last 15 years (when i was 6). I still get a christmas and birthday card though. I didn't mention this on my application form, should i have? I'm not under any impression that he has been involved in anything illegal but know recruitment and the police in general are very choosy (rightly so in my opinion) about your familys background. Should i call recruitment and let them know? Anyone else been in a similar opinion?

    • 3 replies
    • 466 views
  15. chrisking73
    Started by chrisking73,

    Just thought i would share this with you guys Week Five – Diversity Week (cigarettes smoked 85, cups of coffee 172, number of times have shown warrant card to friends, family and anyone else who’s the slightest bit interested 26). Week Eight – Defensive Skills in the gym (number of times dropped handcuff key 12, number of bruises 9, number of times felled to floor by a “prisoner” -countless). This isn't me by the way got this from a website just made me laugh...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.