Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. uneaubaine
    Started by uneaubaine,

    I've just booked to go to an In2Police prep course for my A/C, those who have been to these type of things, can you offer and advice as to whether or not you actually found it helpful? I'm going to go to it to try and give myself every chance but am not going in with my eyes shut thinking that just because i'm going to one, that means i'm going to pass the real deal but it would be nice to hear others opinions about these courses.

    • 11 replies
    • 471 views
  2. Superdon
    Started by Superdon,

    Hi all. Can anyone give any info about what happens at West Mercias full medical? Its making me nervous! Cheers

    • 1 reply
    • 132 views
  3. natty21
    Started by natty21,

    Finally after applying in June 2007 its been confirmed that i start my training for Northumbria Police on 23rd June at 8am Whoooooooop!!!!! Sorry just wanted to share my excitement with everyone!!! Nat x Application submitted: June 2007 Application successful: January 2008 Assessment Centre: March 4th 2008 Assessment Centre Successful: March 19th 2008 Medical Passed: May 2nd 2008 Physical Passed: May 14th 2008 Vetting Passed: May 19th 2008 Final Offer Confirmed: Due May 22nd 2008

  4. Linoz82
    Started by Linoz82,

    Hey, I'm due to start police 11th August... just trying to find out what the likely shift pattern is when I start. Any Ideas would be a great help!!

  5. Ataris
    Started by Ataris,

    in the last 3 years i have had 8 days off over 5 periods (2 periods from physical injury received at work!) and currently have a virus/man-flu can i afford another period of absence prob for two days? or is there a limit, some say its 7 days but ive also seen 21 days on here. Little help guys?

    • 9 replies
    • 704 views
  6. High Tower
    Started by High Tower,

    Been told results wont be through until next week. However, Allys on leave at the moment so don't know how reliable this info is. Anyone been told differently or actually got results? This wait is pure torture!

    • 16 replies
    • 238 views
  7. SME35
    Started by SME35,

    Has anyone had to get subject access clearance for a family member living abroad? My father lives in Spain and the recruitment office have told me that he needs to get proof of having no criminal record. Well if anyone knows how the Spanish legal system works then you will know that this is easier said than done. The security checks on the rest of my family in the UK are well under way and I've got a potential start date of 1st Sept this year but without my Dad's clearance then I won't be accepted. Really really need some help with this anyone......

    • 4 replies
    • 937 views
    crinklybottom
  8. dalec

    Well this post is 100% not about that crimbo number 1 which the Osbornes got! It's about the initial first application form. It got me thinking the other day What if you leave the job which you put on 'current employment' section on the application form? Now my first thought would be to call up the recruitment team to notify them on the changes. Would this be the right thing to do in this situation. Anyway better get on with some work! DC

    • 3 replies
    • 447 views
  9. concernedparent
    Started by concernedparent * ,

    my younger son has applied to the police & as no record. But I am concerned that my elder son may have not paid the tax on his motor bike, or have a caution for possession of canabis. He has not mentioned this at home, but it could have occured when he was living at university in the last two years - whenever we discuss my son's application he looks guilty, are these likely to affect his brothers application? my son is waiting to hear about his security checks at present.

    • 2 replies
    • 579 views
  10. halifaxguy
    Started by halifaxguy,

    hiya just a quick question, where is the training centre for Merseyside police? and how long is the training for the PCSO last?

    • 5 replies
    • 1k views
  11. Gavin!
    Started by Gavin!,

    Has anybody heard anything from WYP yet in regards to medicals or start dates? Just wondered if anybody has heard anything? i have'nt had a peep :)

    • 1 reply
    • 90 views
  12. pongkie
    Started by pongkie * ,

    hi guys, just want to know about your comments or opinions. i came from the Philippines and been living in the UK for 5 years now. having acquired my British citizenship recently (feb 08) i decided to apply for the police since it is my utmost desire to join the uniformed service (i was in the navy back home..as an officer). now to my dilemma, last june 2005 i was convicted of common assault as a result of an argument with my mrs. i was taken to the police station and pleaded guilty during the interview. next day, i was taken to court and i was given unconditional discharge and 12 month supervision order. my question is, is common assault a hindrance for me to be accept…

  13. kyle1986
    Started by kyle1986 * ,

    Hi I did my MET Police A/C on 30th April and have still not had my results. 14 days have passed so I'm getting a little worried. We were told that if we passed then the fitness test would be 2nd June so I thought I should of received my results by now. Have any other MET candidates got their results yet?

    • 3 replies
    • 497 views
  14. Nicola1546620137
    Started by Nicola1546620137,

    Hiya all, I cannot believe it I have waited so long for that call and it came today!!! A provisional date of 27th October, has anyone else been given the good news? Nikki

    Nicola1546620137
  15. Park Lane
    Started by Park Lane,

    Okay, I know its a silly question and one that I think I already know the answer to, but I live with my brother so does that make him my "co-habitee"? Personally I don't think so. All the other options are 'husband/wife/partner/boyfriend......' so I don't think its actually asking me who I live with. Is it?? Got my Met Day 1 tomorrow and am just completing the final piece of the jigsaw. Cheers for your help!

    • 2 replies
    • 286 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.