Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. MrLee1546620050
    Started by MrLee1546620050,

    Hi, Basically my local force was not recruiting when I applied so I went with another force. Passed the paper sift and now have an AC date. But, my local force is recruiting again now. What are the chances of being able to transfer my app? I can't imagine the force i've applied to would be happy about it, especially as I have an AC with them now? Anyone got any idea? Thanks.

    • 5 replies
    • 449 views
    jemz1546620088
  2. bedders18
    Started by bedders18,

    Hey, Got my BTP fitness test on Friday and I’m starting to feel the nerves now! Gone through everything else so it’s the final step! Not too impressed at having to get the 5.30 train from Leeds to London but needs must... Any final words of advice?

  3. beaker1546620213
    Started by beaker1546620213,

    I hear that with the Olympics coming up soon, the Met is really struggling to train enough officers as motorcyclists? I am an advanced biker in a County force and am curently planning on transfering in. Does anyone know which Borough's have bikes available for use (I hear Cambden do)? Also, I have a advanced driving ticket and TPAC authority - would this be recognised in the Met? Any ideas about Met traffic departments and how often they recruit?

    • 2 replies
    • 1.2k views
  4. mikes1546620199
    Started by mikes1546620199,

    GMP physical passed today! So only my medical to go! Just want to say a big thanks for the words of wisdom from everyone so far...cheers guys!

    • 11 replies
    • 176 views
  5. peterg
    Started by peterg,

    Hi, I have seen a posting on here mentioning things deducted from your salary ie: Federation fees, sports and social club and insurances? What are these? Do we pay them straight away and how much are they? Cheers, Pete

    • 8 replies
    • 1.3k views
  6. awjross
    Started by awjross,

    Hi all, I have been given a start date for the WEST MIDLANDS POLICE of the 4th August 2008 I have heard that the seminar for those of us starting that day is on the 28th MAY 2008. Has anyone else heard this? Im gonna be ringing Lloyd house 2moro to confirm!

    • 3 replies
    • 903 views
    david_kingscott
  7. Jac7
    Started by Jac7,

    Hello All I have passed the application form for West Mercia and will soon be attending the assessment centre, however... I have recently found out my ex wife now works for West Mercia as an officer, this would be very awkward for me so what are the chances of us working together on a regular basis. A strange topic i know but any help or information would be appreciated. Thanks All

  8. PC_Wanabee
    Started by PC_Wanabee,

    Hi, new person here. I'm seriously considering applying for the police but want to do it for the right reasons and am wondering what personal skills you think are important. I am 30, female and come from an office job background and really want a career where I can actually do my bit for society. Also, how did you decide which force to apply to? I live in Scotland, but because of where I live there are actually five forces I could consider. Thanks

    • 4 replies
    • 628 views
  9. clavicle06
    Started by clavicle06,

    hi folks. this is probably a silly question, but you're the right people to aski guess. thinking of applying to the met police. i don't live in londond however. im realy just wondering if there is a form of police accommodation down there? even a temporary form?

    • 3 replies
    • 1.8k views
  10. DannyBoy86
    Started by DannyBoy86,

    I'm looking at my force values and structures workbook in preparation for my pre induction day for Dorset and I need to list "4 of the key requirements of the National Policing Plan". Problem is, i'm not entirely sure what it means. Any help gratefully recieved.

    • 1 reply
    • 691 views
  11. an2003dy
    Started by an2003dy,

    Hi there, I applied Jan' 07 for Strathclyde and I'm still waiting for my home interview. Still in the background/vetting stage after 8 months. Just wondering if there was any1 else on here on the same boat as me! There are rumours that the process is speeding up again after grinding to a halt, must be good news.

  12. peterg
    Started by peterg,

    Hi guys, Is there anyone else on the June 16th intake for Herts? Found a few people on another forum....just seeing if there is anyone on this one? I'm really excited to be joining but at the same time a little apprehensive and scared as its a complete change for me career-wise (as I am sure it is for all new officers!). Think nerves are a good thing though, would be worried if I wasn't nervous! Would probably be a bad thing right? Looking forward to getting in there and soaking up as much as i can so if there's anyone out there who's starting at the same time as me - drop me a line! Cheers, Pete

    • 0 replies
    • 338 views
  13. clem1546081099
    Started by clem1546081099,

    Hi all, Not sure if this is the right place to ask but...Does anyone know roughly how much extra you get on top of the Basic salary for the South East England Pay Allowance? Just a ball park figure would be useful as I cant get through to recruiting at the mo. Many thanks for any info. Clem

  14. mr luvpants
    Started by mr luvpants,

    Just curious as to whether anyone here is or used to be a Firefighter and made the switch? Was it worth it? How did you get on with the pension? JOHN

  15. mr luvpants
    Started by mr luvpants,

    hi all First post here. I am a Firefighter and to be honest I think I need a change in my career path. I live near London and so want to apply to the met.I am 40 years old and fit but I have a few niggly questions. Would I be able to carry over my FF pension? At what age do I retire on the new scheme? Can I ask what a met recruit's take home pay is please? And I understand that the training school is a thing of the past. How is the training done then? This is being really negative but does anyone know anyone that has not passed their probation? thanks in advance. JOHN

    Traffic Rat +

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.