Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. LeeWo
    Started by LeeWo,

    Has anyone got any tips for the final interview stage? I am up to this now and after transferring my application to this force I am very keen to get in but have no idea what it entails? Please could you help? I have asked the force for a civilian observation day however they do not have the insurance.

    • 7 replies
    • 404 views
  2. Life on Mars1546620180
    Started by Life on Mars1546620180,

    Sorry may have mislead topic title supposed to say Final Force Interview. Hi just starting to prepare for my formal interview and I’ve already started researching, there are quite a few variations on race and diversity definitions, here's the one I have come up with up until now. Just wanted to know if this is a good example? ''I believe having respect for diversity is considering that people have differing backgrounds, beliefs and ways of life, therefore these need to be considered in your approach to them without being discriminatory in any way. To ensure respect for diversity a police officer should be prepared to adapt their style or approach to the person or gr…

    • 4 replies
    • 213 views
    Life on Mars1546620180
  3. sunnyjim27
    Started by sunnyjim27 * ,

    my eyesight is very bad (-4.00 both eyes) and i'm worried that i'm gonna fail the medical next tuesday...so i wanted to find out if anyone has done this test and knows what EXACTLY happens?? if it helps i'm applying for TVP. also it would be much appreciated if anyone else has bad eyesight and still passed the test to let me know please?? finally, when you walk into the room, is the eyesight chart already up on the wall - maybe i could memorise the 1st few lines?! any help/assistance would be much valued!! thanks!!

    • 16 replies
    • 874 views
  4. Kopite1546619987
    Started by Kopite1546619987,

    Hello all. After reading numerous threads on these forums asking "Which boots should I buy?" or "What boot is best?", Ive decided to put all the major brands and most popular styles in the one thread. [if Ive missed any out, please reply and ill get them added] **NOTE** Details on "Bulling boots" and how to treat boots are below. What Boot? BOOTS COVERED BELOW. Magnum Hi-Tec Rig Eagle Lowa/Hanwag SWATS Altberg Others Ask any bobby what boots they wear and prefer and you'll find that it changes from one person to the next. Its a very personal choice, and this thread isnt going to point out the one definative boot, as they all have pro's and con's. Lets face…

  5. hbmariners
    Started by hbmariners,

    Just a query about working dates for my vetting. I cant remember the exact dates when i started/finished working for a few companies when i was at college about 4/5 years ago, so i put the dates down as best i could. I did not lie or make them up i just cannot remember exactly. How do they check this, is there a database they check on or is it down to the employers? If the dates are wrong what implications will it cause. I may be a month out but not a lot more. Thanks Karl.

    • 2 replies
    • 914 views
  6. spannertail
    Started by spannertail,

    Has anyone transfrered into lancs, if so what type of things were you asked on the interview, who was on the interview panel etc,??? Many thanks

    • 0 replies
    • 360 views
  7. wanabpc
    Started by wanabpc,

    Hi there I have recently received my assessment centre date for the Bedfordshire police which is June 10th. Just wondering if anyone knows what to expect and how best to prepare myself so I perform good on the day. Many thanks for your help Adam

  8. halifaxguy
    Started by halifaxguy,

    hi i was just asking for some advice? I have passed my fitness test and awaiting a medical for the job as a POLICE OFFICER (PC)....BUT i am awaiting my start date for Merseyside Police as PCSO, now GMP has said that i will be looking to start for them in October. BUT merseyside i will be starting with them in August as a PCSO... now obviously i would rather start with GMP as a PC... am i breaking any rule with regard to the 6 month rule? applying to two different forces? applying for to differnt job roles? i have been tolkd im not beraking any rules as its 2 different job roles, but i was just wondering if u cud offer any advice thanks

    • 5 replies
    • 1.3k views
  9. moomoo
    Started by moomoo,

    Hello, Just wandering are there any last minute tips you could recommend with regards to assessment days? To be honest I am already in the job as a PCSO, but still concerned that I will fall short of what is required as I have heard so many horror stories! My colleagues say I will be fine and just be yourself, but I am a little concerned about two things, the role play and written reports. I take statements in my current role and deal with the public everyday, so do I need to worry as much? Thanks, Mark

    • 6 replies
    • 201 views
  10. NPT
    Started by NPT * ,

    Hi All Does anyone know what the shift pattern is for Derbyshire? I currently work for the prison service and the shifts are irregular so I'm hoping to improve on that? Cheers Neil

    • 2 replies
    • 767 views
  11. bonjovi
    Started by bonjovi,

    WHATS THE BEST KIND OF BOOT - LIGHTWEIGHT, COMFORTABLE EASY TO RUN IN ETC ANY IDEAS?

  12. labayu
    Started by labayu * ,

    I'd missed out on all the other times Herts was recruiting. I've got an application form from them and have until 30th of June to get it to them. My current employment has ended and I've had to get another job which I'm about to start. It actually pays less than the starting salary for the police, but I may want to do it for 1-2 years at least and maybe even long term. I know that the recruitment process can last anywhere from 6 months to 2 years. I also know that there is no guarentee of me not failing. With that in mind I intend to apply. If I fail then hopefully I will gain experience for next time. If it takes 2 years then I think I'll be ready to take the position.…

  13. david_kingscott
    Started by david_kingscott,

    Hi all you August 4th starters. I can confirm today i heard that our seminar will be 8th July! The uniform fitting should be before the seminar, but not confirmed. And then we have to arrange that exact date for ourselves at our convenience. As for the employee reference that will happen towards the end of July. Hope this clears things up for some, see you all on the 8th July, i would think it would be in the evening (i think).

    • 2 replies
    • 766 views
  14. johnuk4
    Started by johnuk4,

    Hi everyone, I got my pre-joining fitness for TVP on monday and have a couple of queries. Firstly i know the day includes uniform fitting, dna and finger prints and the fitness, but what else do you find out on the day? I was hoping maybe they may tell me what station i will be posted at and whever i have passed vetting and should be expecting a formal offer in the next week or so etc. Responses are greatly appreciated thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 129 views
  15. PrivateBobby
    Started by PrivateBobby,

    Hi guys, Im making this posting on behalf of my best friend who is currently a serving PCSO in the MET. She successfully passed DAY 1 and 2 of the PC application and was just waiting for the start date. She passed day 2 about a month ago and just received a letter from recruitment saying she had failed 'this particular part of the application process' and to try again in 6 months but with no reason.... What youd expect after failing the actual application form or day 1. I thought this was particularly unusual as she has already passed the necessary security checks etc.. for the pcso roll. Has anyone recently had a similar letter or any explanation? Many thanks Kat…

    • 4 replies
    • 1.1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.