Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Micklemuss
    Started by Micklemuss,

    I thought after reading posts for the past 18 months it was time to say Hi!I have been working my way through the application with Hampshire since last April 07 and have finally been given a start date of 17th November 2008!(My First attempt was April 2006) Is anyone else starting at this time?

    • 6 replies
    • 824 views
  2. uneaubaine
    Started by uneaubaine,

    I've got my fitness on Thursday but i'm slightly confused as to whether or not i have my medical the same day. The letter that came with all my medical forms etc called it "fitness & medical" day but didn't specificly say "you will be having your medical" but does say if you pass your fitness test you are required for the whole day.I've got to take all the medical, optician and CTC forms with me so got the impression i will have both providing i pass the physical but didn't know if anyone else had gone through the system this way too as from what i can see it's normally over different days? (obviously i don't mind it being on the same day - two birds, one stone and…

    • 7 replies
    • 222 views
  3. bonbon
    Started by bonbon,

    Hi, Can anyone shed any light on the intial training new recruits have for GMP ie; How much is the training split between the classroom and the community. Are there any knownledge check exams. Is there a regular fitness programme. I've also been told that you are expected to complete a 2 hour home study programme every night. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

    • 0 replies
    • 462 views
  4. Wana_be_Plod
    Started by Wana_be_Plod * ,

    Hey everyone - I'm new to this forum but I was wondering if I could ask for people's help. :smiley_notworthy: :smiley_notworthy: :smiley_notworthy: I've passed my papersift and NAC and I'm currently going through vetting. I've just been told today that seeing as I was in another country for longer than 4 months (I was in Canada for 4 months 16 days) That I need to contact the Canadians and get a certificate of good behaviour from them to prove that I did not get into any trouble while I was out there. This will apparently involve me having to get my finger prints taken in the UK - sent over to the RCMP in Canada, checked agains their records and then sent back to…

    • 2 replies
    • 402 views
    Wana_be_Plod *
  5. 1218
    Started by 1218 * ,

    I need your help and an open mind. 3 months ago at a friends party, I'd had a bit to drink and someone had brought a spliff, which they passed around. It got to me and I was stupid enough to take a (quick) drag on it. It certainly wasn't enough to get high on. Yesterday, we had to give hair samples for drugs testing. This test is supposed to be acurate for 90 days prior. The party was 86 days ago. Its unlikely, but still possible that a slight trace may show up, so here's where I need the advice. Do I just hope it doesn't show up and keep quiet or should I just tell my training Sargent and be honest? I know honesty is paramount in the police as we keep getting to…

    victormeldrew
  6. ashteya
    Started by ashteya,

    Well, i did say i would post after i've been. Had to leave stupidly early in the morning to get to London from Weymouth, didn't realise that a considerable part of the route was closed with replacement bus service running, this added about an hour to my already 3 hour trip. Anyway, had to get a lift for the first part and in the panic forgot to change and ended up going in a woolly jumper. Not the greatest idea considering it was over 23C. Almost died on the train which was delayed by half an hour, just my luck. Got to Kings Cross and got lost, walked past it about 5 times before swallowing my pride and asking a stranger who pointed out the massive sign directly behin…

    • 9 replies
    • 568 views
  7. Jackoo
    Started by Jackoo,

    I passed the final interview for Hampshire in December. My file was sent to Occ Health who I met for a meeting in January. They advised that due to an instance in Sep 2006 when i visited my doctor about depression, they wanted to see a 2 year period of me being depression free. They advised me it was a 'yes', however they wanted to defer my application until Jan 2009. Fine I thought as i am fully recovered. However...out of the blue.....just received a letter today from recruitment advising that as a result of the occ health meeting and deferral, they have withdrawn my application and i must re-apply in Jan 2009. Gutted is not the word. Naturally i'll phone them on M…

    • 8 replies
    • 421 views
  8. Wiley1546620145
    Started by Wiley1546620145,

    Hi I mentioned to my mum today for the 1st time that I have applied for the Police, I handed my Vetting forms off on Monday and have obviously passed the papersift and a/c. We were having a general chat etc and I mentioned that the security forms asked for father/mothers details. My mum mentioned that my dad had a CCJ in the 1980s. I didnt put this on the security forms for 2 reasons 1. It didnt ask for this information - just for parents details (address) 2. i didnt know up until today Do you think this will affect my application? I myself have a clear record, no financial defaults, never been arrested, never so much had a parking/speeding ticket etc. Shall I ph…

    • 4 replies
    • 618 views
  9. Jmadar00
    Started by Jmadar00,

    Hey, Im a Law Student, and I went to a Met Police recruitment Event. I was given an Application form, however I went Holiday for 2 weeks after, and did an exam after, so thats 3 weeks now. On the Application form it says 10-12 April. I dont recall being told a Deadline, but im abit worried that there is a deadline, any advice? Thank you

  10. Ironside
    Started by Ironside,

    I'm a PC looking at applying for a transfer to Northumbria Police and was wanting to find out if there are any officers who have transferred to the force who could give me a bit of an idea as to what form the interview takes.

    • 1 reply
    • 3.4k views
  11. jaybob56
    Started by jaybob56,

    Hey after a long application process (october last year) I have finally recieved a start date for training, I just have to get that medical passed and thats it!! Not long left as a PCSO in sunny Mablethorpe now.. just a matter of weeks until the 4th August when training starts. Anybody else starting then?

    • 4 replies
    • 979 views
  12. mattbea
    Started by mattbea * ,

    Hi there guys, Only just joined up to this forum as I would like to apply for the Derbyshire Police Force next month, today I have actually failed my Royal Navy medical test on Past Self Harm, and for once being detained under the mental health act. Would this Bar me from entry for the police force does anybody know?

    • 2 replies
    • 505 views
  13. Martin11546620194
    Started by Martin11546620194 * ,

    Hi all, im waiting to start my training in the next month but have been getting a problem with my lower back. I had problems with this about 3yrs ago with a disc bulging on my nerve, this eventually settled and had no real problems since. However, im getting soreness and aching in the same place especially in the morning, but generally eases off during the morning/day. Have been having some physio again and this seems to help. Now wondering if i should call it a day or just go in and hope for the best. Don't want to be a risk to other officers if i continue to have problems. Any thoughts or advice would be great.

  14. ashteya
    Started by ashteya,

    This is going to sound rediculous, but i'm not sure what address to put down on my application form. I'm currently renting a flat in Dorset, but my lease runs at the end of July. My parents live in Torquay and I may be staying with them for a while, or I may be moving straight back to london to most likely couch surf for the first few months. Application closing date is 9th July... Should i put my current address and keep phoning them to change it?

  15. DannyBoy86
    Started by DannyBoy86,

    Does anybody know the ratio of failed police applicants to succesful aplicants? I'm curious...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.