Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Chris_vtr
    Started by Chris_vtr,

    Finally lol, recruitment rang me today and said that they have just started to start giving out interview dates. Mine is on the 23rd of this month! Which is sooner than I was expecting! My A/C was 23rd of Jan so anyone on or around that date I presume will be getting a call very shortly. Good luck to everyone.

    • 17 replies
    • 223 views
    Life on Mars1546620180
  2. Fat Mat
    Started by Fat Mat * ,

    Hello Have Final interview in August for Merseyside, can anyone help me with what IT/Skills assessment is all about?

    • 1 reply
    • 135 views
  3. Hopefully!
    Started by Hopefully!,

    I have recently phoned the WMP to check if they had received my background check form as it had been so long! (3 weeks) They said they have received it... does anyone know how long my fitness and medical will take to come through now?? Thanks! :whistle2:

    • 2 replies
    • 131 views
  4. Hooper01
    Started by Hooper01,

    Hi I am thinking of a transfer to Surrey Police in the near future, csn the Surrey Cops on here please give me all the pros and cons to the force as tranfering as you know is a big move so I don't wanna make a mistake. Anything you have to say about Surrey and all the areas it covers, shift patterns, managment, equipment, moral and much more I would be very interested to hear... Many Thanks

  5. gmpal
    Started by gmpal,

    I start in GMP 4th August and was wondering when the new uniform will be adopted as last I heard it was on three month trial since Jan. Anyone know?

    • 4 replies
    • 1.3k views
  6. claire-mck
    Started by claire-mck * ,

    hi, i have just been invited along to a final interview with strathclyde police at quite short notice and without having had a home visit...can anyone offer me any advice as to how i can be best prepared for this? i have been focussing on the home visit stage and my intial research up until now... claire

    • 0 replies
    • 439 views
  7. Luke_Q_Public
    Started by Luke_Q_Public,

    Hi again all, been lurking for a while. SHORT VERSION / QUESTION ======================== My housemate (not a partner, just a mate who I flatshare with kind of thing) has received a formal caution from the police "handling stolen goods". Would this affect any application made by myself to the police force? i say in theory because I'm not ready yet, but its something I'm investigating. I'm asking now however so I know whether its something I need to consider a few months down the line when our tenancy thing comes up. Long Version. Greater Manchester Police vs My dozy mate ======================================================= Mid twenties both of us, "professionals"…

    • 6 replies
    • 805 views
  8. TheBrig
    Started by TheBrig,

    Hi all, I have almost sorted my application form, done all the competencies and even sorted out some references but I have one question to which I would like your opinions on. It asks for your employment history to start from your most current. However for the past 3 years I have been out of work, staying at home to bring up my son, which is very hard work and I object to the label "unemployed". Anyway there isn't a space to say why you have been out of work and I don't want to start with my job from 3 years previous. Should I fill in my current "job", which is a full time parent, or most recent employer from 3 years previous? Or should I put a continuation sheet explain…

    • 5 replies
    • 591 views
  9. MalaysianSC
    Started by MalaysianSC,

    I am interested in applying to be a GMP Special Constable as I believe it will enhance my knowledge of the British society and culture compared to what it is now. I am a foreign student from a commonwealth country with leave to remain and work in the UK until 2010. Do I qualify to apply to the police?

    • 5 replies
    • 310 views
  10. Darylrese
    Started by Darylrese,

    That's right, our favourite topic..... diversity. Now i find it really hard to think of situations to answer the following question: Think of an example of a situation you have shown respect for someone who had an important aspect of their lifestyle that differed significantly from your own. (i.e deep rooted belief or religion) Can anybody give me an idea of the sort of situations they are looking for? I dont want your own answers, just some clues on what they are asking, and what would be a good situation to give. The only one i can think of is working with people with diabilities or a spanish student that works in our department that doesnt speak english as her fir…

    • 2 replies
    • 496 views
    Luke_Q_Public
  11. sharpergriffin
    Started by sharpergriffin,

    Hi all, This is my first post and sorry to say its asking for advice rather than giving some. I have recently applied for west mids and am currently awaiting my assessment date. Seems to be taking and absolute age to even get a date. Is anybody else in the same boat, or recently passed through west mids? Just want a rough idea of the time scale Im looking at before assessment. Thanks in advance.

    • 3 replies
    • 468 views
  12. m_williams1981
    Started by m_williams1981,

    Hi Forum, Had my a/c today for sussex, think it went ok except for one aspect of it. In my interactive exercise I inaccurately repeated what was said in the report. One word wasnt accurate,I cant exactly say due to the exercise still being used this week. I corrected my mistkae and apologised. Will i get penalised for this mistake. Any feedback would be helpful. Many thanks.

    • 2 replies
    • 400 views
    m_williams1981
  13. Rexer
    Started by Rexer,

    Hi all. I am thinking of becoming a pc and although im sure there is nothing in my past that I am ashamed off, im a bit worried about a couple of my family members. First off is my Brother, he is in treatment for depression now but for a few years he has been a bit of a handfull, he has a problem with drink and drugs(mainly prescription im not sure what if any criminal record he has apart from a drink drive but i know the police have been called to him a few times for various things, he tried to commit suicide a couple of times and had to be taken in to custody for his own good. Not too worried about what effect he will have but my Mother got her self in a bit of bother…

    • 4 replies
    • 746 views
  14. jamie23
    Started by jamie23 * ,

    Does anyone konw how long the results for the final interview take to arrive?

    • 1 reply
    • 123 views
    jemz1546620088
  15. Timbo797
    Started by Timbo797,

    hi guys, Just wondered if anyone had their Day Two for the MET this coming week? Mines on the 10th, anyone else? Can maybe share thoughts and experiences beforehand. Or any concerns, as i have the odd few! Lol Tim

    • 5 replies
    • 166 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.