Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Fella
    Started by Fella,

    Bricking it for fitness centre now. i'm over the BMI and have really got to crash it between now and whenever the fitness is. Any ideas on what happens if you don't make it to the drop? Are there any second chances? Over the moon and bricking it at the same time!

    • 8 replies
    • 120 views
  2. andyvanderpandy
    Started by andyvanderpandy,

    hi there, i passed my fitness test for GMP 2 weeks ago, but havent heard anything about a date for my medical, but i have noticed a few people on here have had their's a few days after? has anyone else been waiting a while?

    • 1 reply
    • 173 views
  3. Wannabe Plod
    Started by Wannabe Plod,

    First off, hello, hello, hello...oh dear I can't believe I just typed that! Great forum and so far it's been really helpful in my application. I went to a police constable recruitment even on 1st November and was told by the officers there that I would be sent a letter that would have details for logging onto a secure website where you fill in the application form, and was given a CD ROM and leaflet on how to fill out the form. They said that the letter with the log on details takes four to six weeks to come, now admittedly this is only just over the six weeks now but I'm getting a tad worried. Whenever I have ever applied for anything there is always ALWAYS something…

  4. TheBrig
    Started by TheBrig,

    Hi all, I am just going to start filling out my competency questions, and was wondering how good your handwriting needs to be? My handwriting is definitely legible, but far from looking neat. I was wondering how strict they are really. They are certainly not going to have problems working out what the words are, but it just doesn't look that good. Also I filled out the application form in block capitals, just to make sure it all looked neat and tidy. I think that the competency would look better in standard writing, would this difference between the two be a problem? Thanks all!

    • 27 replies
    • 1.4k views
  5. rich060286
    Started by rich060286,

    Hi People, Time for a bit of advice. I have recently been accepted into local force as a PC and now all thats remains is a final reference once I recieve my start date. One concern is what details my current employer is actually allowed to give out to the police because I know there are new issues with data protection. In september I was accepted into a highly regarded Advanced Apprenticeship and have just finished my first year, although I had a successful year I did have a few sickness days and other appointments etc. I am 100% sure this wont continue into the Police but it would be a relief If I have been advised correctly, and that employers can't give out exact si…

    • 1 reply
    • 369 views
  6. alexandra1546620113
    Started by alexandra1546620113,

    I failed my last fitness test on the push - pull and I have my next go on the 2nd July. Has anyone else failed on this and did you pass the 2nd time?? I've been training as hard as I possible can, ever other day for about 6 weeks. But I'm still really worried about it!!! Any feedback would be really good! thanx x

    • 2 replies
    • 232 views
    Life on Mars1546620180
  7. ayup1
    Started by ayup1,

    Yes I passed but I didn't get my mark and feedback, should I have done??

    • 4 replies
    • 192 views
  8. Ataris
    Started by Ataris,

    I've had a look and can't see any threads on this, if there are can someone point me the right way. I should be starting in October if my vetting comes back clean. I'm just wondering what to do about phones and watches? I get my upgrade in sept and don't really see the point in getting an all singing all dancing phone if its going out with me just for me to be rolling round on it. Do you guys have two phones or just get bog standard £30 jobs? Same with watches i have quite an expensive watch which was a gift, I don't fancy wearing to work for the same reasons as above. What sort of watch is recommended for duty? any help would be great.

  9. johnuk4
    Started by johnuk4,

    Finally after 1 year and 2 months, a formal offer of appointment arrived on my doorstep this morning. Cannot express how good it feels after the grilling recruitment process. Start on 21st July and been posted to Chiltern LPA TVP. Just wanted to thank everyone on here for all the great advise throughout as i think i would have felt very alone without it. Kindest Regards John

  10. Rexer
    Started by Rexer,

    Im attending an open day on the 27th of july and am looking for advise on what i should be doing to prepear, im giving up smoking as im told that being a copper you dont really have time for a 20 a day habbit (unless your cid) also im joining a gym and going jogging but im already fairly fit. I have been reading this and another forum for a while and have found alot of interesting stuff I hadn't thought of. A friend in the MET is trying to arrange a night where i go out and observe so Im looking forward to that. Or should I just wait until after the open day and start learning from there, i dont want to fill my head with too much stuff i dont need to know yet. I want…

    • 1 reply
    • 680 views
  11. alt_ctrl_del
    Started by alt_ctrl_del,

    Hi guys Unfortunately was sacked from my last job - nothing serious (as such) just for chatting/emailing too much. As it was only a temp job no notice was needed as id worked there for less than 1year Im just wondering whether to contact recruitment to let them know now than not tell them - what do you think? Is it best to coff up now and state my case or see what happens when recruitment get to checking for references? very worried

    • 5 replies
    • 574 views
  12. christ0on
    Started by christ0on,

    Hi all was just wondering who had applied to Northumbria recently and how they were getting on. Cheers all Chris

    TopLoader1546620233
  13. hbmariners
    Started by hbmariners,

    Hi, im just wondering if there is anybody out there in the know about what would happen in if you passed all exams and security and the force lost its funding and couldn't take you on. Lincolnshire Police seem to be recruiting with the view to them not being a cap put in place on their Council Tax hike. They have put their Council Tax precept up by 78.9% to gain 200 more officers and have recruited towards these numbers. The gov't are trying to cap this at 5%, so if the gov't are successful what will happen to people like myself who are just waiting on their security? Anybody with any insight would be great. Karl.

    • 6 replies
    • 678 views
  14. daleboy1
    Started by daleboy1,

    Hi I am currently working my way through the recruitment process and have my assessment day next friday. I have been told there will be a range of exercises throughout the day and i also need to prepare a 5 minute presentation on "should police officers be subjected to compulsory drug testing?" any hints and tips on what to expect from the excercises and what people will be looking for and any hints on where i can get info with regards to the presentation ? Any help would be greatly appreciated !!! :)

    • 2 replies
    • 649 views
  15. DeanSC
    Started by DeanSC,

    Hi, I received my results today, although I already knew I had failed. I was wondering if anyone could explain how the % is decided. I've enclosed a copy of my results, in case you need them to find the % out from them. 71% Respect for Race & Diversity 86% Oral Communication 78% Written Communication My dad read the letter (I had a quick look) and he said it said; A=3 Points B=2 C=1 D=0 Anyone able to help? Sorry about the poor quality. This is a copy of my results, not the original. I scanned the copy.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.