Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. miss_chaz
    Started by miss_chaz,

    Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone is going to the workshop on Saturday? If so am I abnormal for being ever so slightly nervous about it??...

    • 12 replies
    • 140 views
  2. Wana_be_Plod
    Started by Wana_be_Plod * ,

    Hey everyone - I'm new to this forum but I was wondering if I could ask for people's help. :smiley_notworthy: :smiley_notworthy: :smiley_notworthy: I've passed my papersift and NAC and I'm currently going through vetting. I've just been told today that seeing as I was in another country for longer than 4 months (I was in Canada for 4 months 16 days) That I need to contact the Canadians and get a certificate of good behaviour from them to prove that I did not get into any trouble while I was out there. This will apparently involve me having to get my finger prints taken in the UK - sent over to the RCMP in Canada, checked agains their records and then sent bac…

    • 5 replies
    • 1k views
  3. plodder1546620226
    Started by plodder1546620226 * ,

    Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, I have searched but turned up nothing... (that doesn't bode to well does it ) I am currently undergoing vetting for the met and will hopefully be starting soon. I have car insurance however my other half needs to car to get to work and I cycle to work at the moment. Is this going to be a problem? Will I be able to continue cycling or will i need alternative modes of transport?

    • 4 replies
    • 908 views
  4. mr.sifter
    Started by mr.sifter,

    Hello there, I would be extremely grateful if someone could post the competency questions from the 2008 APPLICATION form (no interview questions please!)preferably from WEST MERCIA as I negelected to photocopy the form with my answers, I have my answers on draft copies obviously but I'd like to kniow the exact wording of the questions. Thankyou in adavnce! Sifter

    • 9 replies
    • 172 views
    Dazz1546620231
  5. Little K
    Started by Little K,

    Hello, I am a student officer of 13 months experience and still have a massive hang up using the Airwaves. It's got to the point that i am so scared of saying stupid things that i dont use it as much as i probably should I need help and advice on ways to overcome this as it is starting to affect my development. Any help would be much appreciated!!

    znra2511546080955
  6. scottishdave
    Started by scottishdave * ,

    Hi there sorry if this has been covered in advance. I am due to start Tulliallan on the 22nd July and was wondering what the situation is if you smoke. I have the the disgusting habit and was unsure whether it is permitted at tulliallan. Also once out on the beat is it possible to have a cigarette anyplace apart from back at station on a break???

    • 5 replies
    • 1.2k views
  7. m_williams1981
    Started by m_williams1981,

    Hi forum, Is there anybody on here going to the A/C for Sussex Police Force in June, im down for the 17th. Any tips how i can succed, v.vague question I know lol Thanks

    m_williams1981
  8. mikes1546620199
    Started by mikes1546620199,

    Wondered if anyone could give me some advice... My medical is booked with GMP for Monday but I've been to the doc's tonight and I have tonsillitis! Will this screw things up for me??

    • 3 replies
    • 204 views
    mikes1546620199
  9. Mair1990
    Started by Mair1990 * ,

    i am applying to join the thames valley police as they have just started recruiting on the 27th may till 16th june according to the "Police Could You" site. i was just wondering if anyone else was applying or if anyone is currently part of the thames valley police and could share their opinion on the work etc. also on the "Police Could You" site it says that the met police are not recruiting but i have seen alot of threads saying that poeple are joining the met and i was just wondering if they are currently recruiting as i would consider joining them instead.

    • 3 replies
    • 535 views
  10. remster78
    Started by remster78,

    Ok,this is my situation: I am just waiting to do my fitness test with BTP and will have to go through vetting at some point too. I applied to the BTP two and a half years ago and have now been back in the UK for three years and four months exactly after teaching English in China (three years in total). I'm just wondering if anybody has any idea how my time in China might affect the final outcome of my application, particularly when it comes to vetting. My employment in China was with a large and reputable company and obviously can be totally verified, if need be, through employer references. I have read some of the other stories about candidates spending extended periods …

  11. london112
    Started by london112,

    Hello all i just wanted to ask how long will it take for Hers police recruitment to tell me if i passed my application stage or failed. i sent my application form off on the 12th for regular PC and just wondered how long it will take? Thank you.

    • 2 replies
    • 457 views
  12. mikey212
    Started by mikey212,

    Well today i passed my final interview and boy was it tuff! Really did think things couldnt be worse than the infamous Assessment Centre but jeez the competency questions nearly killed me! Questions as to why you wanna join, become a PC, hours to be worked etc I nailed and all the current operations of the GMP but jeez those dam competency questions! Had to ask for the question(s) to be repeated a few times as I didnt know whether i was on the right track and thought id ###### my chances out of the window. Luckily, the Inspector who was interviewing me helped a great deal by giving me feedback throughout unlike the HR woman who was fairly stone faced like at the Asses…

    • 7 replies
    • 314 views
    Life on Mars1546620180
  13. jonny.H
    Started by jonny.H,

    Hi Hertfordshire have opened their recruitment, i've transfered my application there and am now awaiting all the checks. Is anyone else applying?

  14. Tinx1546620231
    Started by Tinx1546620231,

    Hey there. I was just wondering when the next intakes for strathclyde are? I know there was one on 2nd June and I think 22nd July? Any 1 know of after this? The website says there is 9 intakes this year. I hope to be in one of them!!! Also just a wee other question about wages. See when it goes up to £24k is that after a years service or after tully? Marisa xx

    • 12 replies
    • 1.2k views
  15. pcfrancis
    Started by pcfrancis,

    Hi everyone Ii am looking for some advice really. I have just submitted my application to transfer to south wales police from my current force. the application had 5 competencey questions and took me ages to fill in. I thought transferring forces would be quite easy but that doesnt seem to be the case. I have only just come out of my probation-Will that effect my application? or score low?. I have 33 years left in the job as i am on the new pension scheme. I am a young enthusiastic officer who just wants to move closer to his family. Is there anybody with advice on the process for me? What are the interviews like? Do they reject many applicants and for what reasons? …

    • 6 replies
    • 1.8k views
    swan1001546620010 *

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.