Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. para-signaller
    Started by para-signaller,

    Hi all, serving PCSO with GMP heard from a special Con in the past weeks that they are not recruiting till march 2009 hes just passed the assessment centre in feb 08 however they have defered him till march 09 due to them not recruiting, could anyone confirm whether this is true or not?

    • 10 replies
    • 1.1k views
  2. GEORGEFIRTH
    Started by GEORGEFIRTH,

    In September i shall be studying a BTEC National Diploma in Uniformed Services, after i have completed this course i intend to further my education into Univercity, for the best chances of entry at a higher level and promotion, what degree would be the best to study? Thanks!

    • 1 reply
    • 272 views
    Life on Mars1546620180
  3. beaker1546620213
    Started by beaker1546620213,

    Does anyone know anything about this unit and in particular the motorcyclist role on the congestion team. I hear the bases have changed lately as well as the staffing. What do they do on a daily basis? Is it any good?

    • 2 replies
    • 836 views
  4. vimto1546620109
    Started by vimto1546620109,

    Just trying to find out details of how to go about the ubv (basic driving). My sergeant is supporting me doing this and passed a name of a guy to get in touch with however it's impossible at the moment to get hold of him. Am i right in thinking that i go to occ health for an eye test, then do my theory test at tally ho seing as they no longer do it on ocu, then do my practical test? Some people i've spoken to have been told they can do their practical test from tally ho, straight after the theory test if they want rather than doing that back on ocu. is that right? Also, does anyone remember the types of questions (aprt from being driving related obviously!) just wonde…

    • 4 replies
    • 1.3k views
  5. Ataris
    Started by Ataris,

    This is a bit of a random question and i realise the answer is probably different between forces but does anyone know what the workload is like in the first two weeks? will i come home on the first weekend and have loads of revision etc...?

    • 8 replies
    • 1.4k views
  6. sussex_cop
    Started by sussex_cop,

    Recruitment will be asking to see my education certificates if I pass the medical. I don't have them, and it is impossible for me to get them. The school I went to has been knocked down. I have no idea where to start to get them, any ideas.

    • 3 replies
    • 692 views
  7. OfficerBen
    Started by OfficerBen,

    I looked up on the Mets website about details for me to attend a recruitment event. But I noticed on the website it states that they "particularly welcome people from a unrepresented background" Therefore I am assuming that those people from that background [which is not stated] will have alot greater chance of being recruited than me simple as they are from a different race/colour Is this right in assuming this? Surely it should be based entirely on the individual not there background - hypocritical? Thanks.

    • 5 replies
    • 515 views
  8. luke4387
    Started by luke4387,

    Anyone going to the above event? Im hoping its the start of a new career 4 me (im a student studying law atm). Excited about it all BUT worried too! Luke

    • 1 reply
    • 916 views
  9. Dubtastic
    Started by Dubtastic,

    Just wondering if 42 years of age is too old to join the Police Force, could I be perceived to be past my sell by date? I’m currently a Senior Management Accountant for a Local Authority and may fancy a change as I have been working with this Authority for over 24 years and need to spice up my life (possibly).

  10. Andrewgoat
    Started by Andrewgoat,

    Hi, I'm due to attend the Assessment centre with Thames Valley Police very soon. I was wondering if anyone knew the answer to the following questions? - What's the pass mark for the numeracy test? - What's the pass mark for the whole Assessment centre? - If I pass, will I automatically be offered a position, providing I pass the fitness/medical/security tests? Or is there a "final interview," which some forces use in the recruitment process?

    • 1 reply
    • 474 views
    MrLee1546620050
  11. Ritchie28
    Started by Ritchie28,

    I have a contact to an ex Chief Constable of the police force I am applying to, and am arranging a meeting with him, to do a bit more research and prep for the application process. Can anyone help me with questions to ask him. So far I have: 1. How long were you with the Police? 2. What did you like most about being Police Officer? 3. How would you say Policing has changed from when you were a P.C. to when you retired? This chap could help me so much with the whole application process - and do you think I can think of one decent question to ask him??!!! Help please!

  12. efrost
    Started by efrost,

    Hi all! Just a quick question about vetting. I've been a Met Special for a little over a year and have my Day 2 at Hendon later this month. Does anyone know how the much higher you are vetted for a regular officer? My Special vetting was reasonably quick (6 weeks) and just trying to anticipate (always a bad idea with the Met!) possible dates. Of course I still have to pass my Day 2... Thanks!

    • 3 replies
    • 503 views
  13. gillian.e
    Started by gillian.e,

    Hi Peeps, I am new to the forum, I just want to ask if anyone has heard a rumour that the 15 week basic training will now be getting carried out at Jackton as the recruitment is so massive Tulliallan cannot cope with demand. I passed my medical on Monday and I have my physical tomorrow.

    • 2 replies
    • 685 views
  14. Chris_vtr
    Started by Chris_vtr,

    Just pondering about the final interview, have mine on monday!! When you walk in, are they sat down, stone faced? Or actually helpful like, do they approach to shake your hand or should I jesture it? Also, do they ask about hobbies etc? Do they control it or will they throw in ' So, tell us about yourself' and leave to you own devices for a few minutes? When you get called back in are they straight to the point? I know theres a few questions there, just nervous!! lol Any other tips greatly appreciated

    • 6 replies
    • 164 views
  15. Fitz
    Started by Fitz * ,

    Hi, just wanted to ask whats usual for the first year of training. Is it residential monday to friday? Thanks!

    • 2 replies
    • 529 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.