Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Chris_vtr
    Started by Chris_vtr,

    How far do they look into family history? Will they only look at my immediate family e.g parents and brothers/sisters? There have been mixed views on this subject but can uncles and grandparents past be brought up and end up termination of appliation. This is the only thing worrying me as I only have fitness, medical and vetting left. Fitness and medical are not worrying me in the slightest to be honest, although will obviously be nervous at the time. just vetting!!!! Ta everyone

    • 3 replies
    • 611 views
  2. beezneez
    Started by beezneez * ,

    Im currently a SPC with a force but have applied to another force that borders where Im a SPC. I made it too panel interview stage and felt that my examples were good and I done well for all the questions. When I applied in the 1st interview they kept asking me why I didnt apply to the force Im a SPC in also where I stay. At the panel interview at the end the a C Ins said: lives elsewhere, works elsewhere and a SPC elsewhere im not convinced that this is the force you want to join. I didnt pass and really feel like it may have been due to the circumstances. Has anyone encountered anything like this?

    • 1 reply
    • 288 views
  3. jlong951
    Started by jlong951,

    What is the min age to apply nowadays? People have told me 18.5, 18, and ive even heard 17.5.. which one is right as of today!?!? Thanks in advance, Jamie.

    • 1 reply
    • 272 views
  4. middletr
    Started by middletr * ,

    I have a medical next week with Thames Valley Police. I am really nervous about it because have never done one before. Dr's notes are all fine but unsure of what to expect. I understand that there is no fitness test but there is a blood test that seems different to all the info I have read through. Does anyone have any experience? Do you get a pass / fail straight away or is it more waiting> Any advice would be appreciated.

    • 33 replies
    • 774 views
  5. ayup1
    Started by ayup1,

    Did anyone else pass the assessment centre on 5th June for Derbyshire? I passed and now have my fitness test on the 1st July. Did anyone receive results of what mark they got??

    • 9 replies
    • 142 views
  6. ross_77
    Started by ross_77,

    Hi All I've got my day 2 with the Met this week, and was wondering what to wear when I turn up. There are lots of previous posts on here saying different things - anyone been on a Met day 2 recently? Cheers!

  7. mr.sifter
    Started by mr.sifter,

    Hi all, Ive been reading a lot of the posts on here lately and somebody else was querying whether their PR answer was appropriate. Someone replied by saying that they didn't think the example given was appropriate because it was work based i.e. expected of them. The example im thinking of is work based, and tbh i think the answer displays initiative, honesty, responsibility and conscientiousness, however what do people think about using a work based example? Might i be marked down because it was a work based situation and therefore, expected of me? Cheers Sifter

    • 3 replies
    • 245 views
  8. Rich21
    Started by Rich21,

    Hi Has anyone who passed assessment centre november 07, interview jan 08, medical april 08 got a start date yet for hampshire. I was told end of the year at my medical but not heard anything since.

    • 11 replies
    • 1.5k views
  9. dan22
    Started by dan22,

    I have 2 books for sale: "How to Pass The New Police Selection System" which gives great advice on EVERY step of the selection process, and was of great use to me. Police selection system - amazon link "Succeed at Psychometric Testing - The National Police Selection Process" Which also gives information on all phases of the appliucation process but it has LOTS of practice Verbal Logical and Numeracy tests. This book was great at practicing getting the timings right. Psychometric Testing - amazon Link I WILL SELL BOTH BOOKS FOR £11 INC p&p THEY ARE IMMACULATE CONDITION

    • 0 replies
    • 549 views
  10. Times_champion
    Started by Times_champion,

    OK - here is the situation and the predicament I am in.... I applied to GMP in December. I passed my a/c in march and im currently waiting for a final interview date. I had a letter 3 weeks ago apologising for the delay and saying they would be in touch soon with a date. The guys who have had interviews this week are bing told they will probably start in january. I am also concerned that my financial situation (no CCJ's but payment plans set up with several companies for credit cards etc and defaults. Recruitment know about this.) will come back to bite me at the vetting stage so there is a chance I may not get through that stage, assuming I pass the interview and fitnes…

    • 1 reply
    • 295 views
  11. tall_paul
    Started by tall_paul,

    lokg time coming. yabbadabbadoo! nervous as hell. Anyone else there...?

  12. Ritchie28
    Started by Ritchie28,

    I had my meeting with a retired Chief Constable, and it was really helpful, he was such a nice chap. Here are some things that might be helpful to bear in mind. Assessment Centre: when debating a topic, they want you to be clear, concise, eloquent, not dominate the discussion, remain calm, ie. don't get aggressive even in the slightest, if you show the teeniest bit of agression you are likely to be failed, they assess from this how you might cope talking to the general public. Think about how you say things and how other people perceive this. My husband says I can come across a bit too 'assertive' at times - my argument is that its just him cause he annoys me sometime…

    • 13 replies
    • 997 views
  13. Fella
    Started by Fella,

    So, my BMI is currently 32.7 and I am exercising hard and dieting to lose it. I havent been given a date for my medical, and I presume it is tested then. What I really want to know is what happens if you're over? Obviously Im losing the weight but as my medical could be pretty much any time, I'd be very grateful to know if you're out straight away if you're over, or if there are any second chances. I'm obviously more than a bit worried.

    • 8 replies
    • 390 views
  14. liverpool999
    Started by liverpool999,

    A collegue of mine has 2 weeks to prepare for a transfer interview with Cumbria, can anyone offer any preparation advise. thanks

    • 0 replies
    • 535 views
  15. joanne82
    Started by joanne82,

    I'm an emotional mess today! I called recruitment this morning at about 10 o'clock, and was told my start date for GMP would be the 4th Aug... as you can imagine (after 3 years of trying to get in) I was over the moon and went on to hand in my notice, call everyone i know and start planning everything out in my excited head!! However, I then called bk at 4pm to ask a couple of questions, I was then told that the info i'd been given this morning was completely false and that whoever had told me it was wrong and there were only a couple of places left on the august intake and I would not be on that one however I may get on the october one....!!!!!!! I asked if there was any…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.