Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Haggismonster1546081062
    Started by Haggismonster1546081062,

    Hi - I've got my fitness today and I'm starting to feel nervous - just wondered if anyone has it today/next few days or has completed it recently? What should I expect (to those who have done it recently obviously) Please god don't let it be the bleep test! Clare

    • 5 replies
    • 594 views
  2. luke4387
    Started by luke4387,

    Hi all, I got my application form but have a few little queries: 1: Does the listing of your partner include girlfriend? I think I am being a little thick here! 2: For any loans etc that I have, would I include my student loan? It is off Student Loans Direct and not off a bank - should I include this? 3: It only has room on the form to list one job. I currently have two part time jobs.... so what should I do? Any help is appreciated!..... and probably more questions will be forthcoming from myself soon! Luke

    • 1 reply
    • 307 views
  3. Timbo797
    Started by Timbo797,

    Hi guys, Its felt like ages, but finally i've got my start date for the Met! 8th September. Was offered the 4th August, but wasn't able to take it for various reasons. Anyone else got their good news as well with the Met? Tim

    • 4 replies
    • 602 views
  4. sgerrard1974
    Started by sgerrard1974,

    I fianally got a date through for interview on the 28th of july 0830 hrs. passed the assesment on the 23rd of jan. anyone got any pointers,

    • 6 replies
    • 155 views
    chrisglover41
  5. OfficerBen
    Started by OfficerBen,

    I have recently requested a application form from Norfolk Police, but I am considering applying for the Met instead, I have the form that Norfolk had sent me, can I just fill it in and send it to the Met? I believe I can do this as on the first page it states "which force are you applying for?" as it seems to be a generic form which has come from Manchester. I have heard that you need to attend a Met open day which will tell you about the job, however as I have this form can I not just apply with it and not have to attend the event? [i have been to a similar event in the past]

    • 5 replies
    • 538 views
  6. DannyBoy86
    Started by DannyBoy86,

    It's been a long two year wait but finally I have made it into Dorset Police! Start date is the 18th august. Can't wait. Good luck to all of those still in the pipeline.

    • 3 replies
    • 542 views
  7. Mike12421
    Started by Mike12421,

    Hello all, this is my first post, so I apologise if it is in the wrong section. I am a regular have have been for several years in GMP. However I wish to transfer to Merseyside as this is where I live. I have my application, and have almost completed it, but I was hoping for advice as to what to expect at the interview stage (if I get that far), eg interview layout, question type, examples, number of interviewers. I haven't had an interview since I joined GMP, and I can't quite remember what they asked me. So a refresh from people in the know would be very helpful. Thanks in advance.

    • 1 reply
    • 876 views
  8. daniel2412
    Started by daniel2412,

    Hello all, not sure if this is where i start? i am thinking of joining the police but i am really unprepared. i have seen that there is a recruitment day on the 16th of June in my area. can anyone tell me what the stages are to actually get into the police please from the recruitment day to first day. and the times in between. sorry if this is in the wrong place. i got told there is usually a recruitment day in September so was training for that date, as in fitness. but i don't really know much else. i have looked on the Norfolk police site for information and have found that there is a fitness test but doesn't say what it involves, a written and verbal test and a practic…

  9. **Jimmy**
    Started by **Jimmy**,

    I passed!!!! So happy!! I got my results just 8 days after the assessment centre!

    • 14 replies
    • 180 views
  10. xylene8
    Started by xylene8,

    Hi, Does anyone have a medical for WMP cmoming up soon (end May/ June/ Beg July)? I rang recuritment today and they said I should expect a phone call/letter confirming a medical date within the next few weeks.

    • 17 replies
    • 312 views
  11. Ritchie28
    Started by Ritchie28,

    Central Scotland Police have updated the recruitment part of their website and it now has information about the New Fitness Standard that became effective in November last year and instead of the 4 parts they used to do that I have been training for its now just 2 parts, either the bleep test or a 1.5 run, and the push/pull test. But what is really confusing is that below that, its says, the pull/push is used for statistical information only. So how can you be assessed on it and not at the same time?!

    • 18 replies
    • 10.2k views
  12. KevLav
    Started by KevLav,

    Hi I hope to someday apply to join the police force. But I am 5" 7" and weigh about 8 stone. I was wondering if my weight to height ratio would prevent me from joining the police?

    • 35 replies
    • 3.7k views
  13. mikey212
    Started by mikey212,

    Sorry I know the forum is littered with bleep test questions but can anyone confirm that this is the correct one the forces are using http://www.southyorks.police.uk/careers/re...fitnesstest.php I have my fitness 23 July with GMP Ive previously been using the How2Become test that came with the DVD but that is not the same as this one from South Yorks Must admit the South Yorks one is much easier. So to clarify is the South Yorks one the correct MP3 to train to and which will be used on the day at your chosen force. Thanks in advance

  14. Garper
    Started by Garper * ,

    Hello, Somehow I passed the A/C, just scraped through with 59%. The letter I received stated that even if you pass the fitness test and medical you are not guaranteed a place if there are not enough positions in your chosen force. Does any one have any experience of getting through the whole process only to be told there is no job for you? What happens if this is the case, do you just have to wait for a position to come up? Thanks!

    • 3 replies
    • 332 views
  15. mranderson
    Started by mranderson,

    Does anyone know where you can Practice the bleep test in sussex? Any gyms etc that do it? I have it on the 13th August, a good 6 weeks away. Only place I can think of is outdoors in the local park but ideally I want to practice it in "test conditions", ie indoors. Any help would be appreciated!

    • 1 reply
    • 146 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.