Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Val Wicken
    Started by Val Wicken,

    I did a/c on 11th of March and still waiting for a final interview, anyone know how long it will be?? Also when is the most likely intake if I pass? thankyou! sam

    • 4 replies
    • 268 views
    Times_champion
  2. norwichguy
    Started by norwichguy,

    my sickness is quite high after working in a medium secure unit with challenging behavior also went through a period of bullying and harassment. i have to declare these, do you think it will go against me. total hours is 1260 from '06 to '08 but had 6 months sick with injury which had physio for. total hours genuine sickness is 89.0. is this ok? i spoke to essex police and they said they need a copy of my absences and they judge on an individual basis. any comments, suggestions welcome. oh, and i passed the assessment centre just waiting on physical so you can imagine how frustrated i am knowing that this could mess me up........ cheers

    • 6 replies
    • 543 views
  3. Dazz1546620231
    Started by Dazz1546620231,

    Hey Well its all done,A/S over,awaiting results.... Dont think the interview went to well but felt confident with everything else..maybe written reports were a bit dodgy!!! How did you all get on????

    • 3 replies
    • 187 views
  4. j_links
    Started by j_links,

    hey guys can any1 give me any1 give me any tips for the final int? didnt have a home int so it may b diff may get a lot moe senarios? Cheers

    • 14 replies
    • 424 views
  5. philldrage
    Started by philldrage,

    Could the fact that my younger sister has been to prison seriously affect my chances? even though i've not been in any trouble? philldrage2008-01-14 12:06:59

    worriedwinnie
  6. Wayneb37
    Started by Wayneb37,

    Hi All. I have a A/C in April. Looking for some advice. I am 37 been trying to get in police since i was 18. Served 9 years with Special constabulary 90-91. What can i expect on A/C? What percentage of the marks are based on the tests, my weakest subjects is math, would i be able to make up marks with in the A/C? Any advice in this would be greatly appreciated. Wayne.

  7. Baz10
    Started by Baz10,

    Anybody Going to the A/C day 6th june at ryton?? Am i the only one worried about the role plays??

  8. bigyin74
    Started by bigyin74,

    I understand that as part of the IPLDP training scheme, unit two involves a week's community placement. Can you tell me what's involved in this and possibly share some of your own experiences? Thanks, Dave.

    • 11 replies
    • 1.3k views
    crinklybottom
  9. PC_Wanabee
    Started by PC_Wanabee,

    I didn't get the police staff job I'd applied for. I'm pretty gutted. Is it okay to phone up and ask for some feedback? I thought I might do this in a day or so when I feel a bit better. Also, does anyone know if being knocked back for a police staff job would have a negative bearing on a police officer application? It's for the same force, I've held off applying until I knew the outcome of the staff job. I'm thinking I might temp for a bit while I go through the application process. Would this be okay? Who would I state as my last employer on the form - the agency, whichever company I'm contracted to or my last permanent employer? Thanks

    Garmin1546620156
  10. alexandra1546620113
    Started by alexandra1546620113,

    I have failed again, at the strength test, but I can just about push and pull 40kg at the Gym..... so I'm not sure what's going on!! Does any one know if there is a Dyno machine in derbyshire or staffs that I can have a practice on??? Derbyshire can't do me a practice run because of staffing problems :-( I would be extremely grateful for any help! xx

  11. dandy22
    Started by dandy22 * ,

    Any advice please?? I am being bullied by my new supervision, being constantly picked on and feel so worthless...making me feel awful.What shall i do??

    • 5 replies
    • 1.2k views
  12. mikes1546620199
    Started by mikes1546620199,

    Has anyone had a call from GMP about an October start date? I spoke to recruitment a week after my medical and was told I'd probably be on the October intake and would be getting a call in the next few weeks to confirm...That was 2 weeks ago. Anyone in the same boat?

    • 6 replies
    • 470 views
  13. clark222
    Started by clark222 * ,

    Hi I joined the police as a constable 6 months ago. So far I have had 4 weeks on patrol with a tutor and the rest of the time has been at collge. When I joined I thought I would love every second of what I would be doing but something is holding me back. I appreciate that I have only done 4 weeks patrol with a tutor but I'm a bag of nerves! Wondering whats around the corner for me. When something happens I am not affraid to get invloved and I don't stand back and watch. Saying this I find that as soon as anything happens I get the shakes. Some of my concerns are because I don't know all the forms, have not dealt with much conflict yet. Am I alone? Is it because I'm new t…

  14. crinklybottom
    Started by crinklybottom,

    Hi all, just thought I'd pen an update. I finished training last week. I have a week enforced leave and begin at my station/tutor unit next Monday. 17 weeks is a long time, but at this end it seems to have flown by. Looking forward to the next phase. Good luck to those still in the sausage factory.

    • 1 reply
    • 649 views
  15. ryanbarnes2
    Started by ryanbarnes2,

    hi i had done two police assessment centres with herts whos pass mark is 60%. i have found out beds is 50% i have transferred my app and i have been invited to pre assessment interview which consists of some basic questions and also written excercise can any one explain what type of wrtten test this is please

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.