Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. PC_Wanabee
    Started by PC_Wanabee,

    Hi, As someone who's been a bit of a couch potato of late, I decided to get started on the fitness (I haven't completed my application form yet so I'm planning ahead a bit). Thing is, I'm struggling to make headway on the cardio side and had a bad workout this morning. The trainer at the gym gave me the following programme:- Warm up: 5 mins rowing on resistance 3-5 Strength: 3 sets of 10 reps on the chest press, same on the low back, starting at 10kg - I've increased this slightly each time and today did 1st set at 10kg, next 2 sets at 12.5kg (on Friday I'll do all 3 at 12.5kg, then on Monday up to 15kg on 3rd set, etc) 3 sets of 10 walking lunges using 6kg weigh…

    • 15 replies
    • 409 views
  2. Kenpo
    Started by Kenpo,

    Hello, I have lost the form that told me where to go for my uniform fiiting which is tomorrow at 8.30. I think its at the Openshaw Complex but if anyone can confirm this or correct me I would appreciate it. Thanks Will

    • 2 replies
    • 2.6k views
  3. mjeone
    Started by mjeone,

    The nail bitting has begun in ernest......for so long it's seemed like a unlikly dream due to the length of the recruitment process, now it's here the nerves are warming up . Didn't think I'd be too concerned as I've been through this kind of thing before joining the R.a.f, guess it's natural. Is anyone else here kicking off on Monday?

    • 6 replies
    • 1.1k views
  4. DefinatelyMaybe
    Started by DefinatelyMaybe,

    Hi ive been looking through the forums trying to find out if there is any physical training you have to do during training but to no avail. Just wondering if anyone could answer this for me, and give examples of the types of training you have to do e.g, runs, circuits (if any). Cheers Adam

    • 15 replies
    • 2k views
  5. benny18
    Started by benny18 * ,

    1st time ive applied, only been 18 since march, application successful and quite nervous for tomorrow, ive done as much prep as i could, any advice.... or is there anyone else on here who is attending tomorrow?

    • 3 replies
    • 165 views
  6. evo80
    Started by evo80 * ,

    Hi everyone, Got my final interview and I.T. skills test next week with Merseyside,does anyone no what the I.T. skills involves as have no idea. HELP!!!!!!! Many thanks Evo

    • 7 replies
    • 207 views
  7. scottyb0102
    Started by scottyb0102,

    Just wondering if anyone has same day... would be nice to see if anyone else is prepared..

    • 4 replies
    • 96 views
  8. mutley6996
    Started by mutley6996,

    Just passed my medical for tayside police, just waiting on my fitness test date coming through.

    • 5 replies
    • 469 views
  9. joanne82
    Started by joanne82,

    OH MY GOD!!!!! 3 years I have been trying to get into GMP!!!! 3 years! and finally today i recieved my call from recruitment saying I will be starting on the 4th August.... I started screaming down the phoen (very professional!) but she was just laughing at me. It was the best feeling in the world handing in my notice.... I'm so excited and scared now tho! aaarrrrggghhhhhh!!!!!!! yey! Jo :smiley_vomit:

  10. Lorrie
    Started by Lorrie,

    I know the medicals are booked up until end of May, but has anyone had any further information on this? Lorrie

    • 30 replies
    • 787 views
  11. CSmckee
    Started by CSmckee * ,

    Can any1 tell me whats involved in the reconvention weeks at tulliallan????????????

    • 1 reply
    • 1.4k views
  12. 2908
    Started by 2908,

    I have been reading all these threads for hours now and starting to get more confused compared to when I started! Ive got a few things bothering me can anyone help??? the 4 questions in the interview about situations from my past, are they the same as the ones that i wrote in my application form? I am I being really stupid because Im having difficulty knowing how to go about answering a question when I dont know what the question is!!!! in one part of the pack it states that there are 7 competancies and you are assessed on each 3 times (except RRD - every time) but then a couple of pages along it states there are 5 competancies?? Im so shocked at how quickly the proce…

    • 4 replies
    • 151 views
  13. CSmckee
    Started by CSmckee * ,

    Hi everyone i have my initial interview on the 22nd of july 2008 any1 else got one for the same week or day,,,,, looking for more advice re some of the potential questions likely to be asked. thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 534 views
  14. Dazz1546620231
    Started by Dazz1546620231,

    YaaaaaYYYYYY Got results from A/C on thursday...passed with 66% 100% for communication,written and verbal woohooooooooooooooo

    • 2 replies
    • 126 views
  15. pjd5807
    Started by pjd5807 * ,

    Hi I am setting off on the long road of re applying after only getting 58% at my AC 13 months ago. I thought I had done well but consistently failed to meet the standards on effective communication during all four role plays, although orally I got 100%.The AC didn’t give me any feedback on improvement. Any tips this time round, as I don’t want that empty feeling again after working so hard. Some advice on problem solving would also be great. Many Thanks Paul

    • 1 reply
    • 161 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.