Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Times_champion
    Started by Times_champion,

    Im in the application process for GMP at the moment and am hoping to start in Jan or March next year. I know that you get fixed holidays during training but could anyone doing their initial training with GMP tell me how many weeks in the holidays are and for how long? Im just thinking about potential hols for next year!!

    • 11 replies
    • 1.4k views
  2. mikey212
    Started by mikey212,

    I am currently taking the above as supplements to my workout and just wondered whether this is ok for the forthcoming fitness and medical. Are they acceptable or not? Anyones comments welcome

    • 8 replies
    • 300 views
  3. Vicster
    Started by Vicster * ,

    Hi Just wondering if anyone has there assessment centre for Merseyside this weekend?

    • 2 replies
    • 162 views
  4. Deon
    Started by Deon * ,

    I am an ex-Captain in the South African Police Services. I have a police disploma and a whole stack of courses, such as a detective's course, crime information management and crime information analysis, which was required in becoming a detective and also as head of Crime Intelligence for the station where I was stationed. I have heard that from time to time the UK police invite non-UK citizens to apply. Is there any truth to this rumour? What is one's chances of getting in in such a case?

    jemz1546620088
  5. NottsLad1985
    Started by NottsLad1985,

    Hi people, Just wondering if anyone on here has their assessment on Thurs 17th July and if there is anyone out there kind enough to give me a few helpful pointers!!!

  6. looneytune1546620105
    Started by looneytune1546620105,

    Has anyone else got their assessment day on the 18th? I have and im getting quite worried now .

    • 10 replies
    • 643 views
  7. Borat1546620039
    Started by Borat1546620039,

    I'm going travelling for 5 months (mid application, yes recruitment are aware and are fine with it). Basically to fill in the time stuck in departures and on busses etc, i wanted to Police book, perhaps about definitions to read, pref paperback to save weight. Can anyone recommend a book to start reading before starting? Many thanks, Dan Forgot to say i've seen these, are they ok? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blackstones-Studen...6094&sr=8-2 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Officers-Companion...6094&sr=8-3

    • 7 replies
    • 557 views
    Borat1546620039
  8. GarethJ
    Started by GarethJ,

    Well, I've got my uniform fitting tomorrow. And my girlfriend's insurance company want £180 to put me on as a named driver on her car. That's £180 I don't have. So, the question is, can I fit all the stuff I'm going to get given into a giant rucksack and a tank bag? I found a list of the stuff you get given in another thread, but it didn't say how many of each. I can probably beg/borrow a lift if I really need to. Gaz

  9. Gavin!
    Started by Gavin!,

    What if you went on holiday to Amsterdam (or similar place), for example a stag do or birthday party, while you were there you smoked weed. Would you still fail a medical exam on your return? Even though what you did was legal in the country where you were? P.S. before anybody starts, no I have'nt done this, won't do it, and haven't planned on doing it! Just wondering! Gavin

    • 24 replies
    • 1.5k views
  10. sfuller
    Started by sfuller,

    I just want to find out how many people actually pass first time round... I didnt and will re-apply when i can! so did you pass or fail first time round? this is mostly directed to Met applicants. Thanks

    • 8 replies
    • 714 views
  11. Fairfax
    Started by Fairfax,

    Does anyone know of any courses, up to a year long at most, useful for your police recruitment? Im at a bit of a crossroad and have decided to pack in Uni 2 years through my course. I always went there with a view to becoming a police officer anyway so now I have decided to bring this forward. This is mainly due to personal problems and such like, and before anyone starts stressing how important and good it looks to have a degree I have heard it all before and have made my mind up. Im obviously in part time employment, as I have been since I was 16, but was wondering what else would be useful to me and my application, during the next year? Things I can do while my appli…

    • 1 reply
    • 229 views
  12. Enceem
    Started by Enceem * ,

    Can anyone please assist me? I have an interview shortly for the above role with Thames Valley and was interested to know what form the interview procedure will take? Any help/advice will be more than gratefully received. Thanks Enceem

    • 1 reply
    • 271 views
  13. Anthony Smith
    Started by Anthony Smith,

    Can anyone help me out of this problem so I can put my mind at rest. 13 years ago I was cautioned as a Juvenile and forgot all about it until my mother said something to me the ohter day and reminded me of it? Will it show up on the checks? And should I ring recruitment.

    • 2 replies
    • 307 views
  14. dananana
    Started by dananana,

    I am in soooo much pain. What will happen if I am unable to run for my test tomorrow, any clue anyone? Does it make my application void or will i be given another date to do it? God i cant believe my luck! PANTS! D

    • 6 replies
    • 207 views
  15. gmpal
    Started by gmpal,

    First off, anyone going to induction on the 16th July at Hough end? Second, what should I wear to go. I wouldn't want to turn up in a suit and look a twit or similarly turn up looking like a football fan and feel even more of a twit. Suggestions grateful.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.