Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. colette1546620157
    Started by colette1546620157,

    Hi all, Would like to know if any one knows when the police complete reference checks, do they include it in vetting or is it done afterwards?. Ive passed my vetting and just wanted to know if they will have done my references yet or will it be done at a later stage? Thanks in advance, Colette.

    • 4 replies
    • 377 views
  2. the devil
    Started by the devil,

    Hi all just wondered if everyone could give me an idea of how long you had to wait from the moment you applied to the moment you were appointed. its just ive been waiting nearly a year and wondered how much longer to go!

    • 3 replies
    • 1.1k views
  3. Chris_vtr
    Started by Chris_vtr,

    Got my fitness today for GMP at 7 pm. I know theres a few others that have theres today so might aswell get the ball rolling. How everyone do?

    • 24 replies
    • 282 views
  4. Rob13
    Started by Rob13,

    Afternoon all! Well I had a lovely letter drop through my door this morning; all the security checks and references have been completed and I've had my appointment confirmed! I'm absolutely over the moon, now have to phone up to get my uniform fitted. To all those still in the pipeline, keep the faith and don't give up. Good things come to those who wait, if you want it bad enough then you'll get it. Best of luck to everyone! I'd also like to say thank-you to everyone on here who's offered me great advise and words of encouragement, I'll be sure to let you know how I get on. Cheers, Rob.

  5. jaybaby071546620248
    Started by jaybaby071546620248,

    Hi everybody I'm seriously considering this and have been offered the Jan 09 intake. Whats it like? What shift patterns are offered at Aldermaston after the initial training at Wethersfield? JAYBABY07

    • 1 reply
    • 733 views
    jaybaby071546620248
  6. Ritchie28

    So far I have been quite lucky that the familiarisation evening and my SETs were evening time, and I just simply arrange to work through lunch in order to get away early. I have taken a days holiday for my Assessment day, but I am running out of days to take should my application progress. I have noticed that alot of English forces have assessments/interviews etc on weekends and evening, which is a much better way of doing things. Have any of you had work problems/getting time off? Would you consider taking a sickie or just come clean with your employer and volunteer to take unpaid leave?

    • 1 reply
    • 255 views
  7. drummond
    Started by drummond,

    Hi everyone would just like some opinions please i am currently applying for strathclyde police , i am at the moment a service Technician for cable company.There are job vaccancies in my local council for community wardens do you think it would help my police application if i was to get one of these jobs i was thinking of applying. thanks john

    • 2 replies
    • 277 views
  8. norwichguy
    Started by norwichguy,

    hi guys, just wondered if anybody knew at what point a force begins vetting and reference chaecks? have passed a/c and waiting on physical in october (18th) with essex police. any idea? have heard rumours of january start so would the be in the process or is it a stage at a time for them in hr too.....??? thanks in advance

    • 3 replies
    • 404 views
  9. MT76
    Started by MT76,

    Can anybody recommend a good one day course to help you through the assessment day. I am applying for the Met and live in Kent so don't want to travel too far. I have seen the How2Become website - any good? Also saw In2Police but that is Luton based and not very regular. Any ideas? Also re fitness test - they have got rid of the grip strengh test now haven't they?

  10. whisky62
    Started by whisky62,

    Hi all. I have applied to Norfolk police on the 24 june to be a police officer. Just wondered if anyone else has applied and how people are getting on. It would be nice to hear from people.

    • 0 replies
    • 423 views
  11. chrisglover41
    Started by chrisglover41,

    Does anybody know if GMP let you know there and then if you have passed the force interview, or do they make you wait for a letter?

    • 15 replies
    • 357 views
  12. RHare
    Started by RHare,

    I'm posting this in absolute devestation. I have passed paper sift, assessment centre, physical and have been drugs screened but have now been informed that my sickness record in 2006 has scored over the required points (refering to the Bradford Score). The 3 year period that they have looked at is 2005-2007. My record in 2006 in comparison to the 2005 and 2007 is quite different. There are underlying reasons for this which I have mentioned in my letter of appeal. I have not yet sent this to the personnel dept. Has anyone got any pointers or had a similar problem? Help most gratefully received! Thanks in anticipation M

    • 5 replies
    • 604 views
  13. BD
    Started by BD,

    Hey I have got this on wednesday, does anyone know if there is a shower you can use afterwards? Thanks!

    • 1 reply
    • 78 views
  14. Hopefully!
    Started by Hopefully!,

    Hi, I have my eye laser surgery on the 23rd July and have just passed my Assessment day and am still waiting for my background check and medical date to come through... Im hoping this will take longer than 6 weeks as I heard thats the amount of time you have to wait before you can pass the medical.. is this true? I have applied to West Mids Police. Thanks

  15. 9091
    Started by 9091,

    Hi, I'm 18 and have just completed my A-Levels studies and one day would like to join the police. I'm not going to apply now (either university or travelling) but there are a few questions that keep nagging me. 1. How does training work in terms of accommodation? Can you stay on site or do you have to stay in the area. I live in Cornwall at the and I won't go to University here but wish to join the police in either London or Manchester. If I leave uni and apply for the GMP would I have to find somewhere to stay near Manchester area and drive in? 2. What are the training times? eg when does it start and finish? 3. After reading some of the posts on this forum some…

    • 15 replies
    • 768 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.