Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. kumiko
    Started by kumiko,

    can anyone tell me what holiday allowances you're allowed once training etc has started? I'm looking at starting in October (hopefully) and have a holiday booked for the end of the year/new year which was booked last year! So need to sort it.

    • 3 replies
    • 384 views
  2. Josephine2008
    Started by Josephine2008,

    Hi there, My sister recently applied to central scotland. She handed in her application one day and got a phone call the next to come in and see them. I have applied for Strathclyde, and have not heard anything for over a week now. How long is it until they usually contact you?? Thanks for your help

    • 4 replies
    • 473 views
  3. nikki21
    Started by nikki21,

    Hi Guys!!! im a newbie here so HI to everyone!!!! my Met assessment day is on the 2nd of august and ive been invited to attend a support session with them, just wondering are these any good????? Many thanks Nikki

    • 1 reply
    • 234 views
    Biscuit1546620200
  4. sarahr84
    Started by sarahr84 * ,

    hi ya can anybody give me insight into the second interview?

    • 1 reply
    • 128 views
    Chris kelly *
  5. kerrypops
    Started by kerrypops,

    Hello, Can anyone tell me how GMP calculated whether your sick leave is acceptable? Remember reading it somewhere but can't for the life of me find it. Thanks

    • 4 replies
    • 440 views
  6. george76271546620128
    Started by george76271546620128,

    Morning all. I recently applied for the MET under the 7/5 deadline. I haven't heard anything yet - which I am going to assume is good news, however, I have heard that some people who applied after me have already heard back from recruitment. So, has anyone who applied for the may 7th deadline heard back from HR yet ? Ta quick note - this post is designed to avoid calling recruitment - partly because it is a weekend

    • 56 replies
    • 2.6k views
  7. Davyc
    Started by Davyc,

    Well, its almost upon me and I am on edge to say the least. Its wierd, I am feeling like I have done enough revision and yet, I sometimes feel like I have not done enough!!! I have been doing numerical tests and my scores have been getting better and better, BUT last night I failed dismally and I am hoping its just pressure of the A/C being only a few days away. Anyway, good luck to everyone who has the A/C on the same weekend as me for Cleveland Police. IF ANYONE CAN OFFER ME ANY EXTRA ADVICE ON THE WRITTEN PART - I WOULD APPRECIATE IT. This is the part I am more worried about as I have no idea really what I am or will be expected to write - hope someone can enlighten me…

    johnsmith292 *
  8. Alpha11
    Started by Alpha11,

    Ok heres a tricky one! a friend of mine got his provisional job offer and has a start date for October! after receiving his offer, he was suspended from work for bullying and harrassment. i've looked through his investigation notes and the allegation is that he spoke to someone inappropriately (he called them a liar(yes seriously thats it))! ive spoken to my friend and hes told me that hes part of a larger investigation because his manager was suspended as well and he was suspended on a technicality (his manager would have successful grounds of appeal if my mate wasnt suspended)! his investigation has been wrapped up and everyone hes spoken to has said he will not face …

    • 3 replies
    • 747 views
  9. uneaubaine

    My situation is so far i have had my fitnes test which i passed and my medical - now i passed all that was checked on the day but cannot yet be signed of by occupational health as i had a car accident in 2004 and suffered whiplash. So the nurse told me that as standard they will write to my doctor just for them to confirm the injury is all ok now and not an issue. My doctor has completed the forms sent to him and has had it sat on his desk for 5 weeks now and when i asked if they had returned it to the police they told me they wouldn't until it was paid for - fair enough. So i checked with the recruitment department and they told me they cover the cost of this and will …

    • 1 reply
    • 126 views
  10. dt2008
    Started by dt2008,

    I have medium/long hair at the moment... What is suitable in the modern police force? I would ideally like to keep it medium length but it states on my offer letter that for your warrant card you need a 'smart, sensible haircut' Its just i dont like short cropped hair....

    • 15 replies
    • 779 views
    Paul C1546620148
  11. Leroy8
    Started by Leroy8 * ,

    Hi everyone! This is my first post on this forum. I noticed a lot of people have recieved a lot of info to there questions and thought I'd give it a go! I have successfully completed the recruitment process for Lancashire constabulary (Phewwww!). I completed the fitness test and medical (final stages) in mid March 2008 and am just waiting for my references and background checks to be completed. I was wandering if anyone had any info regarding the start dates for 2008? Has anyone received any news since completion of the fitness and medical? I heard there was possibly an intake of recruits in April? Would be great to hear if anyone has received any news! Leroy…

  12. MrLee1546620050
    Started by MrLee1546620050,

    Do you have to include all sickness on medical forms? Thanks.

    • 1 reply
    • 175 views
  13. Fairfax
    Started by Fairfax,

    Hi This is my first post on the forum but will write another in the welcome section saying abit about myself rather than bog it down in here. As it stands I am waiting for the next windows to open so I can apply to become a regular Police Officer in one of the said forces. I live in Lancashire, but less than 15 minutes from Merseyside and less than half an hour from Greater Manchester. I was simply wondering which force people would suggest I apply for and for what reason? This will be my first application, and whilst I am fully aware of the process, and how not all of these forces may/may not be recruiting around the same time, I want to maximise my chances of accep…

    • 4 replies
    • 312 views
    Life on Mars1546620180
  14. Kiwi_Devil
    Started by Kiwi_Devil,

    Hiya Has anyone who attended the Bethnal Green Event on Saturday 17th May heard anything regarding their paper sifts yet??

    • 18 replies
    • 890 views
  15. worriedwinnie
    Started by worriedwinnie,

    Hi all Just had a letter back to say that I need to send the medical forms back etc and I have just found out that they do the security checks at the end. Thing is my brother in law was arrested in Oct 06 for possesion of a class a drug and consipiracy to supply a class a drug, the conspiracy charge was dropped but he was convicted in may last year and sentenced to 5 year for the possession. He is due to be out apparentely in June 09. Now I still speak to my sister who is married to the said above to support her and I have visited him in prison on a few occasions. Will I be rejected at the security check stage??? Really really worried...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.