Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
I'm currently awaiting my Fitness Test date and am concerned about the strength test. I would like to know how the test compares to what people achieve in the gym. I'm 24 and female. I can (with a struggle)push/pull 30-35 for minimal reps at the gym (probably using my back too much). So my questions are: What can you push/pull in gym? What did you push/pull in fitness test? I would also be grateful of any advice in general.
-
- 22 replies
- 717 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, Does anyone know where you have to send completed application forms to, i have left the document with the address at home and cant find it on the web, need to send in today!!!!! Thank you
-
hi all just wondering if many people fail their training during the 2 years my written skills are not fantastic if i was to be accepted for the force.
-
Sent my application form in about two weeks ago, no reply as yet. just wondered if anyone knows how long it takes to get reply.
-
Hi applied for the BTP about 4 years ago! finally having the final vetting done now, does anyone have any idea approx how long the vetting takes?? cheers
-
- 7 replies
- 859 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi, I have just started the painful process of filling in an application form for the MPS. I am currently serving in HM Forces in Kent and given the choice would like to stay living in that area. Do you get any say in where you want to police in the area ie.SE London? If not, how far into the application process do you find out where you'll be?
-
Training aid in a way: Find top video page, select page two and then choose 'Cops on Camera: Man Arrested' An insight into Cornish cells as our cameras follow the police after they arrest a man for causing a disturbance. POSTED ON: April 25th, 2008 Sorry couldn't get a direct link to the video. http://www.thisiscornwall.co.uk/video.html
-
- 4 replies
- 1.3k views
- 2 followers
-
-
I've heard that as of now once probationers have completed their initial training with strathclyde when they go back to station they will not be going 'on shift' but will be com-pol, community policing from now on. Is this true if so what does it involve?
-
- 1 reply
- 254 views
- 1 follower
-
-
i know its a little optimistic but iv heard they are quite quick...has anyone had results from TVP who did a/c between 14th and 18th july? im so impatient lol. am hoping they will be quicker then expected as they said "up to" two weeks
-
I'll assume it's boots, trousers, shirt, epaulettes, tie. But then what else? Which hat? Do we need fleece? I assume we don't need the cuffs or little first aid thingy? It's only 8 days now, and I'm starting to crap myself. Gareth
-
- 11 replies
- 1.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have recieved a letter to invite me to an a/c for a call handler for the GMP and it says that it will last an hour and involve a typing assessment. whilst i can type quite quickly i dont touch type and was wondering what the keyboard skills part of the assessment is like?? thanks
-
Hi, Got my bleep test in a few days. It's 15m shuttles to level 5.4, can anyone advise how long running time that is in total? I've heard all different ranging from 4 mins to 10 mins? Just so i know what to expect. Thanks.
-
- 4 replies
- 286 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all i just had my assessment center for Herts constabulary , I just got my results back and found out that I passed the national requirements but failed to meet the overall score that herts needed i got a 51% overall score . They said in my covering letter that i could transfer that over to another force , anyone have any advice in where i could possibly transfer that result to or anyone who has been in the same situation. Also I know that i have to do the Medical and fitness test what is after that ??? Thanks for reading
-
- 4 replies
- 321 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have an Assessment Centre date for Merseyside Police on 17th August 2008. I have recieved my letter so I know rtoughly what is inolved but does anybody have any further information or useful advice?? Also, Will my fitness test be at that A/C on the same date? My letter says smart dress is required but mentions nothing about taking PT kit or the fitness test??? Any replies gratefully recieved. Cheers
-
Since the phone call confirming my interview date, the time as just flown by and just hope the bit of swotting up will see me through, more nervous now than when i was at the A/c back in january? Still trying to figure out my reason of wanting to be a PC apart from the usual traits. Pray for me lol