Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. icoxy
    Started by icoxy * ,

    Dear all, I know there are a lot of vetting questions on this forum - so i'll be brief...: I know it all varies, but does anyone know how long it may take (or has been in the same boat) for Met police staff vetting (CTC) to be redone for a police Constable? Cheers Coxy

    • 1 reply
    • 468 views
  2. mr.sifter
    Started by mr.sifter,

    any last minute tips? Am i right in thinking that all i need to bring is my passport and myself? (obviously i've checked but its reassuring to hear it from others!) Im all swotted up and ready to go! .......he hopes. Sifter

  3. AmoUsher
    Started by AmoUsher,

    I recently had my A/C in Ryton on Dunsmore, on the 10th June to be precise, and it's only been 4 days but already I'm starting to worry. Now the Maths and Verbal Reasoning went amazingly well, I'm pretty sure I got full marks on the Maths because I've done AS Level Maths and those questions were nothing compared to that! I read the questions properly, and think I did well on that bit, but am I right in thinking the Maths doesn't count for much? How do they give you a grade on one of the competencies for the Maths bit? The role plays and interview I found slightly more challenging, but I really really want this and it's all I can think about at the minute. I want this care…

    • 9 replies
    • 869 views
  4. JohnDW
    Started by JohnDW,

    I had my medical with GMP today and passed everything but was told I had bad hearing in both ears. I was on a plane home from america on sat morning so they said that may be a factor and have asked me to come back next wednesday to take the test again. They also told me that if the test comes back with the same results then that wont stop me getting in. I was also told that I am in the august intake (4th) and so need to give my notice in at my current job but dont know whether my application will be delayed for whatever reason because of my hearing test!! any advice? should I give my notice in? or wait until after my second hearing test next week and run the risk of my…

  5. hjames
    Started by hjames,

    Hi there, I have an assessment for the MOD police next month, however if I am sucessful and make it to the eye test, the requirment is 6/18 in both eyes unaided and I feel I may not be able to reach this. I was considering have laser eye treatment however you have to have waited six months until you have had it. Shall I wait and if I do make it to the eye test try and see, if not, if I fail can you have laser treatment and then do the eye test again after 6 months time. Thanks

  6. Kane
    Started by Kane,

    My father went to magistrates court 27 years ago for fighting and was fined when he was 16, since then he hasn't been in trouble with the police once. Do you think this would mean i would get rejected? I personally have no record what so ever, clean as a whistle! Cheers!

    • 4 replies
    • 458 views
  7. beaker1546620213
    Started by beaker1546620213,

    Hello, I am currently going through an application for transfer to the Met at Sgt rank. Long story over the application as it was initially for a specialist post, but is now Borough. I am yet to decide which Boroughs would be best. I will be getting a train to Euston, and ideally want to walk to the nick, or a short tube trip. I am an advanced driver, TPAC trained and a motorcyclist (on and off road). What shift patterns do they work? Are all the teams shift patterns different? What sort of things do borough Sgt's do in the Met? What type of roles are available? Do you get out much or is it office based? Is there any chance of using motorcycles? Is th…

  8. Kane
    Started by Kane,

    I know the website says no formal qualifications are required but i have 12 GCSE's, 4 A-levels and a Degree do you think this would increase my chance of being accepted even though it says no qualifications are required? Cheers!

    • 2 replies
    • 386 views
  9. janetcharleton
    Started by janetcharleton * ,

    i have suffered with depression for years although they can all be attributed to a specific incident in my life i am still in anti depressant although vastly improved in recent years no more panic attacks !!! i have passed my ist and my ac is on the 29 july i have been to a masterclass held by notomatoes and feel confident BUT is there any point in going on if my history will stop me and if thats not enough i have to get my bmi down as well any advice would be more than welcomed

    • 7 replies
    • 1.5k views
    Dave1546620191
  10. george76271546620128
    Started by george76271546620128,

    Just out of a matter of interest, what is looked at during the paper sift stage ? Is it just your name and age along with basic eligability for the job followed by the dreaded questions or do they look at more during this stage ? Ta

    • 9 replies
    • 3.5k views
  11. whisky62
    Started by whisky62,

    Hi All I dont work for the police however i am interested in joining, I have been told that the pass level for the bleep test is 5.4 is that correct? I have bought the bleep test from how2become.co.uk. (15Metre) Is this the correct one that is used in the fitness test?

    • 27 replies
    • 1k views
  12. Times_champion
    Started by Times_champion,

    I dont know how some of you guys cope that have been in the process for 18 months or more! I applied on 2nd December and feel so frustrated already! The first few weeks waiting for the paper sift was fine, then I got my a/c date so I was preparing for that. The wait for the results was hell, but at least it was only 2 weeks, and then I got a letter telling me it would be 10 weeks before I get a final interview date. Again that was fine, but then 4 weeks ago (just before the 10 weeks was up) I got another letter telling me they will be in touch 'shortly' with a date, but that there was a backlog. Now im in limbo as I dont know if I will ge the call in a few days or a few m…

    • 7 replies
    • 805 views
  13. little_me
    Started by little_me,

    I have my assessment centre in a few days and have been trying to think of examples for the competency interview questions. I was wondering if someone who has been through the assessment centre would be kind enough to look over a couple of my examples to see if I am on the right lines as I am a bit confused? Thanks in advance.

    • 1 reply
    • 210 views
  14. slessk49
    Started by slessk49,

    I am due to go for my Initial Interview soon, and woudered if there is anyone out there who has any handy hints. They would be very appreciated. I really want to do the best I can, I want this so much. Please help if you can. Thank you

  15. marionnmd
    Started by marionnmd * ,

    ok has anyone else experienced the adrenaline rush to push them over the line faster than their normal time? i know i am nervous about nothing 'cos my worst time is 13 mins 45 seconds but its that way where 15 seconds isnt enough for if something goes wrong such as me taking a header in the car park or something!!!:) i passed my initial fitness, i exercise every day, i had my medical on monday and the nurse/dr both commented on how good my lung function is for a girl and that i must be a runner but im so nervous. just because to come this far and to fall at final hurdle will be a nightmare. my b/f/mother/brother/best mate keep saying things like 'dont worry you'll do grea…

    • 7 replies
    • 286 views
    largepinktin

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.