Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Masterwatts
    Started by Masterwatts,

    Hi, Got 1 more week of my 10 week tutor phase and due to sickness of one tutor and me being 2nd tutors first student I haven't done anything towards me NVQ. Solap etc... fine and signed off to acheive independent but others in my intake tell me they have 3-4 modules completed! Is this normal? Jeff

    • 2 replies
    • 789 views
  2. ABBIEIOW
    Started by ABBIEIOW,

    Hey everyone OK... I'll admit it.....2 and a half years of waiting for this moment and with 1 week until I start at Netley and..... I have cold feet. I am petrified I will fail, won't understand, struggle with homework, fail the exams and all the "what if's" going through my head is driving me mad. Is it normal to be feeling like this? Any advice would be great .. ------------------------------ All stages passed - Hampshire Constabulary Regulars START DATE 2nd June 2008

  3. Chris_vtr
    Started by Chris_vtr,

    I know that whilst you are undertaking your training in the classrooms who will be in full uniform, does this also mean a stab vest? Or do they kinda acknowledge its not the most practical lol

    • 6 replies
    • 1.2k views
  4. norwichguy
    Started by norwichguy,

    hi guys, quick question. anyone going to essex police college October 18th 10am for their fitness tests? Also for the people who have already done the test...how long is the track ive heard 2 different legnths. 15m and 20m? ive been practicing at 15m and hitting level 7.3 which will hopefully get me through thanks in advance

    • 3 replies
    • 131 views
  5. Timbo797
    Started by Timbo797,

    Hi guys, Just wondered if anyone could let me know an average time it takes to clear vetting and get offered a start date with the MET? I know it varies for everyone, as everyone has different circumstances. However just wondered on average, for those whom vetting should be quite smooth (not travelled, clear address history, etc) how long it may take? Passed Day Two on Tuesday 10th and thinking of time scales for my current job, etc. Cheers, Tim

    • 3 replies
    • 635 views
  6. Nodster
    Started by Nodster,

    Hi guys Newbie so be gentle please. I've got my SET/ fitness test in a couple of weeks and was wondering about the format for the day. The fitness test is first (my standard is 1.5 miles in 12.5 mins), although i'm finding it hard to get to this i suppose i've got some time to get the time down. If you fail this run, do you still sit the SET? Are there changing rooms for after the run? can a similar aged women be passed at 15mins and the man failed at 12.5mins? Isn't this discrimination? just a question. Also does the run /bleep test depend on the weather on the day or is it chance? Thank for taking the time to answer these Q's

  7. demongirl
    Started by demongirl,

    i got a letter through the otherday saying i had failed the papersift!!! i also got my feedback form and my overall grade was D!!! ooooops i scored well on communication and my grammer and spelling met the required standard but i didnt give the right answers on race and diversity, resilience and i nearly scraped through team working!!

    • 6 replies
    • 837 views
  8. derby_lass
    Started by derby_lass,

    Hi, I'm only asking this as i was wondering if anything similar has happened to anyone on here. Basically, i passed my assessment centre, fitness, medical and vetting with no problems, however now a previous medical condition has become an issue. I was referred to a medical advisor in March, who i spoke to in April and i have been in limbo ever since. I have today received a letter from the head of HR, saying that she would like to discuss the outcome of my recruit medical in more detail. I only got this when i got home from work, and i need to ring up to book an appointment, so i have to wait until monday now and i'm just wondering whether to take this as a good sign,…

    • 2 replies
    • 429 views
  9. mr.sifter
    Started by mr.sifter,

    Hi all, I have my second assessment centre scheduled for the 2nd july for West Mercia, and ive been reading through the information pack and noticed (i think) that the 5 interview competencies have been changed slightly. from my feedback last year the 4 competencies other than oral communication were: Personal responsibility Resilience Team working Respect for race and diversity This year however resilience has been replaced with community & customer focus. Now, last year i used the examples from my initial application form in the interview questions, and i did quite well (i failed during the role plays ). But this year im fairly sure the application for…

    • 6 replies
    • 295 views
  10. bur237
    Started by bur237,

    Just wondering if there is anyone on here who is joining Merseyside Police on the 28th.

    • 4 replies
    • 1k views
  11. PC Tom Angel
    Started by PC Tom Angel,

    I have recently completed the assessment centre, and now awaiting the results. Should be any day now. The thing is, not long after my A/C ive started to wonder if the Police really is the career for me! I put sooooo much effort in to my application (got an A grade) and i put even more work in for my A/C! There was no book i didn’t read and no length i didn’t go to in order to pass every test. I feel 'Ok' about how it went, although a little worried about my Maths test. Ive always hoped id earn lots of money in the future and obviously by joining the Police, this possibility is looking a lot less likely! And by staying on my current career path, i know that the mone…

    • 10 replies
    • 692 views
  12. reign
    Started by reign * ,

    Hey guys! i have just been for my fitness test today, and i got talking to a few people. I found out that i would be doing the degree course, (i thought i was going to do an N V Q.) but anyway, my initial thought was shock horror! oh no! I have not been in a classroom environment for some time now, i have a NVQ 3 and did not seem to struggle. But to me a "degree" is a scary word. Is there anyone out there who had similar feelings? how did you find it? I know i want this and i don't have a problem with the workload, but can anyone break down the word "degree" and make is sound exciting??

    jemz1546620088
  13. joanne82
    Started by joanne82,

    Ive passed everything (last test being fitness back in March) and I called recruitment to see if they have a start date for me yet, however they just said if i havent heard from them by July the 4th then I won't be on the August intake, I'm getting frustrated now as Its 3 years now that I have been trying! I know Im more fortunate that some but I also know people who have gone through the stages at the same time as me and have since been given their date! Has anybody heard anything simiar to me?? All the best Jo

    • 14 replies
    • 1k views
  14. mr.sifter
    Started by mr.sifter,

    Hi all, Im going to my second assessment centre on the 2nd july West Mercia. In other threads on this forum i've seen some hints and tips on how to use the five minutes you get before each role play exercise most effectively, i just cant seem to find them! So i was hoping people could gather their thoughts and suggestions in this thread or point me in the right direction. Cheers sifter

    • 8 replies
    • 473 views
  15. spacejam

    Hi all I was informed at the met rec event that as a graduate I wouldn't need to fill in some competency questions on the application form. I am confused as to which these are? I assume it's not the core competency events but they seem to be the only ones on the form. Cheers, Andy

    • 8 replies
    • 798 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.