Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
I applied in October 2007 and I have finally got my start date for TVP on the 4th of august! Got my uniform fitting on the 2nd of june... I was wondering if anyone is in the same position???
-
Recently sat my assessment centre and I have come out with mixed emotions (like everyone else). I feel that the day went ok with regard to the written and interview excercises - but, the role plays were not so good. I think that I did quite well in three of them, but in one i know i missed something out! In this role play i know that i may have not asked enough questions in order to deal with the matter. By not doing this, i think i may have left the RRD aspect of the situation out. I did feel that what was said was good, and the things that happend i did handle well, but if i missed getting RRD when there was supposed to be some - will i fail!!??? Feel i did well hi…
-
Hello all. I wondered if anybody could help me find some questions that might be asked at the interview. There must be a list published somewhere. Cheers, Matthew
-
- 3 replies
- 522 views
- 1 follower
-
-
As everyone knows criminal convictions can be the death of an application for the position of a PC. But I am keen to find out how much of a factor they have on aplications to become a PCSO instead. I know you have to include them on the form but how much do they take them into consideration? Any advice or help greatly appreciated indeed
-
Just got my letter for the CoL Fitness test, then i'm told the medical follows shortly after. Not sure why, but i'm nervous as hell regarding the medical - I've never had anything wrong with me (thank god) but just see this as the last obsticle before getting in! Can anyone let me know what the process is with the medical?? I understand you see the FME first, and then onto a doctor second??? I've heard some horror stories of laying starkers on the doctors bed - not really up for that!!! Thanks in advance for your help!!!
-
As many of you will be aware - applications for the Met Regs can only be submitted after attending a recruitment event and obtaining your application pack from the event. When you ring up to register for the event, you are asked (well, i was asked) four or five questions in relation to residency, fitness, eyesight, previous convictions and previous applications. If you answer yes to previous convictions, you are told you need to contact Met Vetting (PSG) at NSY to confirm that your conviction does not make you in-eligible for appointment. Therefore, the question is ..... ..... If PSG @ NSY (Vetting) confirm that your conviction DOES NOT make you in-eligible, and you t…
-
I am two thirds through training. I have found so far that 'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder'. In other words when you submit statements or files, albeit made up ones based on what you have been taught, it is unfortunate that the subsequent marking and constructive criticism depends on the point of view of the person assessing them. I am acutely aware that this trend is likely to continue on the outside, but we have yet to venture there as yet. Whilst I appreciate everyone develops their own style, surely it is bad form for people in a training establishment, i.e. trainers, to adopt different 'marking' criteria, based on their own style or previous experience and …
-
Has anyone applied to Merseyside Police? I know the general recruitment line hasn't opened but I was asked if I wanted to re-apply by letter in January. I sent my form about a week later and still haven't heard anything. Anyone in the same situation? Anyone know when the next lot of Merseyside assessments are gonna be? Maybe someone that works there knows?
-
Hey everyone Im a newbie here and have had the majority of my questions answered, but I do still have one remaining question. I am struggling to find any of my examination results (GCSE's) and certificates, being 29 and I have a feeling they were in my record of achievement which I stupidly disposed of last year thinking as I was a fully qualified engineer, I would no longer need it. My problem is my secondary school has since closed down (by I feel ancient) and I am unsure asto who the examining boards were for the exams. I have contacted some of the main ones and have been told it is £30 per certificate and I will stll be charged that with each of …
-
- 4 replies
- 639 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Is it possible to work your way up the ranks to say inspector and to then specialise say firearms? or can you only do one or the other? Goughy
-
- 11 replies
- 945 views
- 2 followers
-
-
So I applied a little while back, for Sussex Police, and despite shining in every other area I managed to fail on my written English. Which considering I did read the sticky topic above is even more annoying. My problem is that the system is right, I do make too many spelling mistakes and my handwriting is by no means perfect and that will cost me later on if I don't improve. I know there must be plenty of people who were either weak or failed on their written English who came back and got in. I was wondering if anyone had any advice as to improving my written English skills before I try again in 6 months time?
-
- 6 replies
- 555 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi Just another question.. regarding shift work: does the shift work remain throughout the police force, like the 7 on 3 off day thing or is it only during probation? Also do the shifts change during or after probation? I am applying to Suffolk, does anyone know what kind of shift pattern they work? Thanks
-
I'm currently 16, and am thinking of a part time job whilst I study at college that will give me some basic experience of dealing with public / diffusing situations... basically so I have something to write in the core competencies section of the application form. So, please suggest some jobs that the police force would deem as worthy experience. Also, please let me know of any jobs which may hinder my police application, for example a security guard, as this may bring up issues during the vetting stage. (Even though I can't even work as a security guard until im 18 ) Thanks!
-
Now before anyone says, yes I DO know the minimum age is 18/18 and half. However I want to know what is the likeliness of me getting in at 18 rather than at 24 when I'd been to university? I have a part time job at the moment and I'm a FA referee so I have some experience with confrontation, helping people etc. Cheers
-
Hi everyone I have recently applied for the police for the first time.. however I have seen on some of your posts that you have been and done the assessment centre twice? If you fail the AC first time, do you have to go back to before the papersift stage or do you get another chance at it? Thanks amy
-
- 10 replies
- 990 views
- 1 follower
-