Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. pr0n
    Started by pr0n * ,

    Hey all, first post here... I'm at University doing a degree in computing. I'm interested in joining the police afterwards. I've tried to look into it but it doesn't really say much online. Are there any specific areas of policing you can do which are related to computing. Or is this all really done though other agencies like SOCA for example? Anyone have any further information or do you have to start off from the base up?

  2. ajfaccini
    Started by ajfaccini,

    just a quick post to see whos stuck in the huge backlog. I applied in January and havent heard a thing yet. Have phoned recruitment and they have said i will probably hear something towards the end of may. apparently aswell the next assessment center day will be in september. should be a busy one by the looks of things.... how about everybody else?

    • 48 replies
    • 4k views
    Times_champion
  3. wanabpc
    Started by wanabpc,

    Hi there is anyone going to the A/C 10th June at Ryton for the Bedfordshire police?

    • 1 reply
    • 109 views
  4. 4ndr3w
    Started by 4ndr3w * ,

    Hi every1, Im currently filling out my application form for west midlands police but im really concernerd about my caution. I went out with my mates for 1 of my first times ever drinking when i was 18 and woke up in a cell. Being young and naive i drank aload of shots at their pace and dont remember much after leaving the pub. I was given a formal caution for drunk and dissorderly, will this affect my chances of getting in?

    victormeldrew
  5. Coot85
    Started by Coot85,

    I could tell you my life story and all about my character but it would take far too long. But briefly, i passionately want to become a police officer. I am a 22 year old male and have no convictions. I have a good education and i feel i have a good understanding of the police role as i have distant family in the force who i regularly talk to. Also i studied public services at college. I have previously applied for South Yorkshire about a year and half ago as a police officer and also applied for a PCSO role with Derbyshire Police. I passed the application process both times but seem to fall at the last hurdle. I feel ready to do the job but clearly i am saying/doing somet…

  6. dalec
    Started by dalec,

    Following up from the great info I got from my last post would you be able to tell me what I should expect next? Here's my POLICE RECRUITMENT STORY so far................ 1. Filled Out The Main MASSIVE application form 2. Got sent another application form regarding family ect. 3. Whst should I expect next Thankyou again for all your help! Dsle

  7. sussex_cop
    Started by sussex_cop,

    Well that was easy. About twenty of us there and only three failed the test. It was easy to say the least. I don't really do any excersize at all, and I found nothing to it. To be honest you really have to be unfit to do this test. I would say that if you are over twenty stone and smoke a ton of fags every day then you have nothing to worry about.

    • 2 replies
    • 123 views
  8. stu077
    Started by stu077,

    Does anybody know whether or not you can claim travelling expenses now that residential courses have been done away with?

    • 4 replies
    • 404 views
  9. Mark_647
    Started by Mark_647,

    Hello all !!! Have a pre--med exam 10th july, ages away yet !!! Can anyone shed some light on WMP fitnes test so I know how to preprare ? Thanks all, Mark

  10. norwichguy
    Started by norwichguy,

    good news dropped through the post today! i passed with essex police. now have to wait until october for my fitness test but my god what a relief! thanks for all your help guys

  11. luke4387
    Started by luke4387,

    Hey all, I know what colours are what but when I do tests online to check if my colourblindedness (is there such a word!?) I am gettin half of them or just above half of them right. My optician has said previously that I am SLIGHTLY colour blind. Basically, what do you think my chances are of passing the eyesight test!? Im quietly confident on the rest of the process but this is the biggest worry for me. If anyone has experienced any of the same issues as me, it would be great to hear from you. Any help on this topic is gratefully appreiciated! Luke

    • 1 reply
    • 288 views
  12. sherlock_holmes
    Started by sherlock_holmes,

    Hi All, Just wandered if anyone from Linc Constabulary was out there and could give me a brief summary on life there...I am thinking of transferring from the Met, if possible. Thanks

    • 0 replies
    • 487 views
    sherlock_holmes
  13. mrbrownstone
    Started by mrbrownstone,

    Just to let any new joiners know, my class and I all got on the blower to our respective tax offices and got our tax codes altered to the effect of giving us £160 a year tax relief for laundry. You can also claim up to 6 years back dated for any career who's uniform you were obliged to wear, had the company logo on and was'n't suitable to wear in your private life. I'm ex navy so I'll be claiming for the last 6 years!!

    • 8 replies
    • 1.3k views
  14. gbonzo
    Started by gbonzo,

    last year i applied to the met specials and passed the day 1 and 2 assessment centres but failed the security vetting. my credit file had some defaults on it which have now been resolved. there was also another incident which came to light. about 3 years ago i was playing footie in the park with a bunch of lads and as we were walking home one of them lit up a 'home-grown' rolly and we got stopped and searched. he had the tiniest amount on him, but unluckily for me, it was in my bag. we explained this but we were both still given a formal warning for possession. at the time of my rejection, the guy on the line was quite adamant there was no hope of an appeal, but sin…

    victormeldrew
  15. katekelly141
    Started by katekelly141 * ,

    Hi everybody, I'm new to this site and was hopeing someone here can help. I am currently applying to the Lincolnshire police and was wondering if and when I pass all my recruitment stuff and actually start how it is laid out for Lincoln? For example I know some forces do an initial 18 weeks college training. then go on to do tutouring etc Also is the training at Nettleham?(Coventry) (speeling probably wrong!) as this is where I have to go for my assessment day? I would appreciate anyones help here. Thankyou Kate

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.