Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Mark_647
    Started by Mark_647,

    Hello all !! Really sorry to go over stuff thats looks like it been talked about for the past couple of years !!!! Just to put my mind at rest - because im shocked at the pass mark..... Is the bleep test for West Mercia really passed at level 5.4 that really does equate to around 3.44 min' of running ???? Am i right ?!?!? Thankyou everyone !!! Mark (Sorry again !)

    • 9 replies
    • 294 views
  2. laurad5
    Started by laurad5,

    my doctors have FINALLY signed my medical form and now i can send it back! only took 2 weeks, 1 appointment and 4 phone calls to get there!!!

    • 8 replies
    • 131 views
    jonathan123456789
  3. slad3y
    Started by slad3y,

    Just received my call from Met recruitment offering me a place on the October intake! Can't even begin to describe how excited I am. The paperworks being sent out today, so hopefully everything will be signed and completed by the end of the week. Thanks to everyone on this forum for all the advice I have received whilst going through this long and stressful process. Just in case anyone is wondering how long the process has taken me I attended an Open day on 20/10/2007, so by the time I reach my start date it will have been almost a year.

    • 5 replies
    • 608 views
  4. gazmac055
    Started by gazmac055,

    Hi all, I would like to see some comments regards to a quesion I was asked for my final interview - which failed me as well. I`m obv feeling very low and although I`m not feeling bitter, I`d just like to hear different comments and it`ll maby help with my research into what a disabled person can bring to the Police force. The question was.... "would you employ somebody that was disabled?" I said something along the lines of... No as I thought that to fully achieve the duties of a Police Constable e.g Chasing after a suspect, somebody in a wheel-chair wouldn`t be of much help, youd need to be fully able bodied and not for instance confined to a wheel-chair. When I w…

    • 14 replies
    • 729 views
  5. Val Wicken
    Started by Val Wicken,

    Hello I applied to GMP last december and didnt think I would stand a chance so shortly after I applied to my local (north Yorkshire) special constabulary, In the interview I told them about my GMP application and they didnt mind, I even said If I get in I will definently leave. But I still passed and i will be attested in November. Problem is I forgot to tell GMP that i applied to NY, and now I have my Final interview coming round the corner I dont want to ruin how far I have got, do you think GMP will care? what should I do? ARGH! Sam

    • 6 replies
    • 407 views
  6. pritchard1
    Started by pritchard1 * ,

    Hi, currently in the application process and have a question which someone may be willing to answer! I have used ephedrine in the past as a fat burner (ECA stack) whilst working out. I believe this was legal, personal use etc but I also believe it can show up as a false positive on a drugs test, i.e. show amphetamine, which it isn't, but it does have similar properties. Anyone had any experience? Anyone willing to admit to using perfomance enhancing drugs (legal ones, not anabolic steroids etc)? This is a very grey area which I appreciate some will be unwilling to talk about, but I know for a fact some police use this kind of drug, anyone willing to offer some advice? …

    • 10 replies
    • 620 views
  7. sgerrard1974
    Started by sgerrard1974,

    I have been asked a question by a friend of mine, she wants to try and join the police but is a single mum very clever and active and independent, she is worried about baby sitting on shifts specially night shifts can anyone tell me if she would get anyhelp i.e creches or day/ afternoon shifts? regards in advance stu

    • 1 reply
    • 267 views
    jemz1546620088
  8. jonathan123456789
    Started by jonathan123456789,

    i feel violated........the surgery has just rung up to say the good doctor has signed my form, how much i hear you ask? £71!!!! I almost literally had a heart attack! Is it normally this much?

    • 21 replies
    • 338 views
    jonathan123456789
  9. phil381546620193
    Started by phil381546620193,

    Is anybody have some examples of questions asked for the proposal letter. As far as I know, it happens in a fictional shopping centre and we are a customer service officer. Many thanks, phil

    • 1 reply
    • 152 views
  10. laurad5
    Started by laurad5,

    is it standing up or sitting down? the link posted on another thread shows it standing up but i (and jonathan) thought it was sitting down. not sure where i got that idea so thought id check? thanks

  11. nicolaf
    Started by nicolaf,

    Hi I've applied to TVP and just today heard about my fitness test being at the beginning of Septembet. I realised I was a bit out of shape so have been running, playing badminton and doing some basic weight training prior after passing the assessment centre. I've done quite well and lost nearly a stone and a half. However, I'm still really worried about certain aspects of the fitness test because I heard that you are made to do press-ups and while I've been trying to do them, I can't do many/any at all. I know that in order to pass the strength test it is a good idea to do them, but I'm hoping that you don't actually have to do them as part of the fitness test. (ie o…

    • 6 replies
    • 188 views
    colette1546620157
  12. Rob13
    Started by Rob13,

    Hi guys, Just a quick one to put my mind at rest. I've passed all stages of recruitment (medical, fitness and the dreaded vetting), got my uniform and collar number, all ready to start on the 26th. Now, I've moved house and obviously have to inform them so I've filled out a 'change in personal circumstances' form detailing my new address. Obviously answers with reference to credit history, criminal record etc are all exactly the same. I know my girlfriend who I'm now living with has never been in trouble but would my girlfriend's family background have any effect on my appointment being withdrawn...or even the fact I'm moving to a different area? Any help appreciated…

    • 2 replies
    • 347 views
  13. jimbo_2008
    Started by jimbo_2008,

    Hi due to start the btp soon, just wondering if anyone knows pay dates and also when you get your warrant cards, cheers

  14. TaitM91546620137
    Started by TaitM91546620137,

    I'm just after completing the application form and am now on to the competency questions (for L&B there are 4). They state that the questions should be answered in no more than 100 words, which isn't really a lot, but my question is, how strict is it? I mean, each question is on its own piece of paper so would it be ok to go over the 100 word count providing I keep it to that sheet or are words over the 100 disregarded? My answers are around 170 words! but fit really nicely on the one sheet of paper per question...

    • 13 replies
    • 616 views
    jonathan123456789
  15. theduke
    Started by theduke,

    Hi there, I am just wandering if anyone knows of what pass marks the different forces around the country need to gain entry into the police. I unfortunately missed out by 1% on the force that I tried for, but was told that other forces have a lower grade to get in for when I try again.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.