Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
Hi Had my final interview for lancs today. Cut a long story very short feedback was i didn't go into enough depth into RACE & DIVERSITY (That ghostly topic everyone either fails at the a/c on or at the final interview) abit harsh etc but lancs have high standards and i was pleased to get this far. Any hows picked myself asked when i could apply again the guy says 12 months and i have to start from application i said can't i get invited back to attend an interview in 6months he's reply was no only a very few ever get invited to come back in 6months & quite alot get told not to apply again etc etc, so my questions is can i apply for another force in 6months or do …
-
sorry people are probably fed up with my questions now but i have just been thinking about an example proposal and role play to do with pets in the centre. one where a customer or shop owner is unhappy about a dog being in the centre. if this come up will the info you get state whether or not the dog is actually an assistance dog or could there be one which comes up and just says 'a dog'. if this could happen, would you just say/write that you intend to find out if the dog is an assistance dog, and if it is, the policy states..... or if it is not an assistance dog the policy states .... and then give recommendations for both situations?? thanks
-
Help i have a book which has 38 pages of Definitions and powers and about twice a week we have to stand up in class and know them word for word. ( I AM IN TRAINING) Firstly does any one know of any good tips to learn them? And secondly all you people who are out of training and are on the streets do you really need to know them word for word? As people i have spoken to say not? But i under stand we have to have a good understanding. Many thanks for reading. It just i am finding them very hard.
-
- 13 replies
- 1.3k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Not that I want to start a fight as we`re all grown-ups (most of us anyway ) but was just wondering who they thought had the best force... e.g Strathclyde Police as they have come up with the much acclaimed Violence Reduction Unit etc etc.. You must say why e.g Strategy and maby even produce figures or whatever, If this has all ready been done before then I apologize but it`d be good to see all the good ideas from across the whole country
-
Hi Girls! I am really starting to buy all my stuff for Tulli (costing me a fortune I might add and I may need to rob a bank before lol.) Anyways, I really need your advice on what you are all buying and taking? The list they give you is really basic but on the policeuk.com forum some people are saying that up there they can be really specific. Are you buying / taking: Black cycling shorts or black baggy shorts (i have heard that apparently cycling shorts are too revealing and we are not allowed them but i dont know if there is any truth in this?!) if you are taking cycling shorts does anyone know where you can buy cheap ones from? Fitted white t-shirts or baggy white…
-
Hi all. Just found out I've passed the paper-sift for Northumbria and obviously over the moon I dont have a set AC date yet but its looking to be either April if I'm lucky or maybe June. I'm basically looking to hit the ground running and start prepping now so I was wondering if anyone can suggest good reading material for the AC. My English and maths are fairly strong so roleplay and the interview are the areas I'd really like to swot up on. Police Recruit Selection Process by Ian Hutchison seems to be highly rated on Amazon, anyone had experience with this one? I also contemplated taking a preperation course i.e TalkingBlues, ISP, IntoPolice etc. Seems like these c…
-
- 4 replies
- 835 views
- 2 followers
-
-
For some time I've been reading this forum. First it was getting the application completed, and now trying to get a good idea of how to prepare for the AC day. Lots of great tips but still not sure on some aspects...I mean the sequence it happens in. What happens next, if I ever get past that. I've heard a rumour from someone from another force that if you've been on a course you are not allowed to take part in the assessment, and are sent home! They asked people to sign that they had not attended a course to help you pass that day. I also heard that any notes you make are taken from you before you go into the test scenarios! A whole lot different to what I've read h…
-
Hi, I'm due to start TVP training at Aylesbury College. I'm moving from outside the area and I was wondering about Accommodation. Is there any asistance in finding somewhere to live? I know that some forces offer subsidised accommodation during recruit training so I was just wondering there would be any help available. X
-
I am going through some examples for the written proposals and was wondering if you get one say about opening a new shop, if stats show that the shop owners do not want it to open but the customers do, which should be most important to you in making the decision? i know the customers are a main priority but how would everyone else answer this? also in another example, people are wanting a youth banned for being anti social etc but are worried about his friend acting up if he is? i want to say for this one, ban him as he has broken the rules etc and use him as an example. if the other youths wants to play up and misbehave because he is banned then let them, they will get …
-
I received a letter today telling me that I have failed the paper-shift. (Kent) Knowing a bit more than before (thanks to this web sight) and reading were I have gone wrong, I have decided that I would like to reapply. So I phoned the met today (Kent now closed for recruitment), only to be told that I have to wait 6 months. But the met stop recruiting in March. Any ideas when they are likely to open recruitment again? Or as I am dyslexic is there any point appealing my failed application? Any guidance will be much appreciated! Andy
-
hiya just got me letter saying am starting training on the 2 feb just wondering if there is anyone else who is starting then too, am glad ive finally got a date its took ages considering i applied back in july 2007 is there anyone else who applied then.
-
- 21 replies
- 1.8k views
- 2 followers
-
-
With the last one being Jan, does anybody know when the next lot are?
-
I know its an obvious question, I am 1 week into training. Its not been to bad so far. I have only done 30 mins of handcuff training but found the technique very difficult. It would just be nice to hear from people who are currently in or have recently completed training.
-
Hi everyone, I've applied to KCC in Nov 08 intake and just recently got letter that there was an excellent response and that they could not process all applications on time and they will give a written feedback by 30th January. Come on! I've just applied and can't wait!!! Anyone else got the same letter or something different?
-
The medical form has 41 questions, all the answers are no for most people yet question 40 has stumped me a bit. 40. Time off school or work or necessaiting retirement. Is it serious medical condidtions they want to know about or am i expected to know dates of sick days i had at school and days off work when i had the flu....etc.... seems a bit much to expect people to have all those dates recorded somewhere. I was thinking when i fill in the employment history they will check my sick days. Anyone else got any doubts about what to put down or is it just me!?