Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
I've been practising for the numerical tests and have been using various sources as practice papers. Primarliy, I've used the questions from the 'Cox - Passing the Police Recruitment Asessment Process', and the practice questions sent with the Westshire pack... and I've also been brushing up using other sources. I've managed to complete all of these questions with plenty of time to spare and have got them all 100% correct... Here's the strange thing... I've just tried some of the tests in the 'Hutchison - The Police Selection Process' book and they seem much more difficult!!!! It's crazy, but I've tried all of them (I think there are about 5 tests) and haven't manage…
-
hi as i have already said does any one know where i can downlaod any sample questions
-
As a Police Officer or even a special, what exactally is "yours" and what do you take home, For example, are they "your" handcuffs as in you are the only person to use them, or do you pick up a random pair everytime you go on shift and do you take all of your kit home, clothes, batton, cuffs etc or does it stay at the station. I'm in the process of becoming a special and was just curious Thanks
-
The date being talked about is the 6th of February, 8pm in the weatherspoons at the top of Sauchiehall Street. Make it the top left corner of the pub to make it easier to find people! What does everybody think? Cheers Sean
-
Hi, I have a few questions regarding the final interview. In the guidelines it states that succesful candidates bring a range of examples to the interview, and not to be reliant on those submitted on the application form. I decided to use totaly different examples at my assesment centre rather than the ones i put on the application form. will they have knowledge of what examples i gave at the assesment centre? I presume they will have a copy of my application form, is this correct? regards Karl
-
Anyone else hoping to be on the March 09 intake?
-
Anyone needing an eyetest in the next couple of weeks might want this: Free eye test coupon
-
hi guys can anyone help me here i need to get hold of the how2become download link as i have already purchased it (a long story) but the only way to get it again is to purchase it again which i dont want to do if can help it.. basically whayt im asking is will anyone who already has the link would they send it to me by email if you would and cam pm me and i will give you my email address many thanks in advance guys if you can help
-
- 6 replies
- 485 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi all any advise with the following would be great thanks 1) For the A.C interview, when you are given your question does it state which competency it is covering? 2) does each question cover only on competency? 3) Role play - if the actor comes straight at me as i walk into the room do i interupt them or let them finish before inviting them to take a seat to discuss the issue? Thanks A.C in less than 2 weeks, bricking it.
-
I temped at the civil service for 4 months during 2006 in a post room on an industrial site. This has now been closed down and evrybody I knew there has moved on. HR for the civil service say they don't keep records for casuals for that long so can't verify my details. Any advice as Im at the point where they need to check my employment dates and I'm panicing that nobody will confirm I had this job!
-
Anyone else supposed to be starting on March 23
-
hi all, has anyone any idea how long they take to complete vetting, not heard anything since passing my medical in october. just worried has this year has been very trying financially nothing to serious but a struggle, also anyone know what the start date is for March. stu.
-
Hi guys. recently downloaded my application form for the met. Its got alot of pages for the family you live with eg) mother, father, stepfather, stepmother. If I dont use all the pages do i still need to send them off?? does that make sense :s please help
-
- 4 replies
- 364 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, Just stumbled onto this from a link from the force i've applied to. Gives some detailed information on whats looked at on the medical, thought it may help some people. http://www.knowledgenetwork.gov.uk/HO/circ...ept%20t2004.doc
-
I have an assessment centre confirmed with Gloucestershire at some future date. At this stage (one year on from initial application) they still cannot give me a date. The holding letter from Gloucestershire says I can transfer to another force, but would the new force accept that I have passed paper sift etc. and take my application to A/C .. or would I have to go back to square one AGAIN? Linz