Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. LordLoveRocket
    Started by LordLoveRocket,

    This may sound a little 'dangerous' to some, but I'm looking at loosing a stone in a month - I've set myself this challenge and I hope to carry it out. My BMI is around 31-32, I'm around 5"9-5"10 - So i'm hoping to get below 30... I've not even heard back from my app yet - I've passed the eligibility stage however my competency questions are currently being looked at - so i've plenty time before my fitness/medical I'm quite fit anyway, i go to the gym around 2 times a week but i've never bothered with fitness - Only weight training... The other day i put down the weights, and started on fitness, and I have to say, i prefer to use the bike more than anything - Is thi…

    • 5 replies
    • 210 views
  2. 7dwarfs
    Started by 7dwarfs,

    hi all, my partner has applied for warwickshire (yes, we know they have a terrible reputation with recruitment, but wmp were not recruiting). anywho, he is currently an assistant bar manager and his boss is pressuring him to gain a personal liscence. He already passed the exams for it and now just needs to put through a CRB check. However, this will affect his application will it not? Would it be worth talking to recruitment and suggesting the liscence could be relinquished were he sucessful in the police application?

    • 3 replies
    • 414 views
  3. jonah49
    Started by jonah49,

    Hi all. Thinking of doing a met access coures at a london college. Has anyone done one of these and would they be recommended. Thanks Jonah.

    • 0 replies
    • 370 views
  4. rossman
    Started by rossman,

    Hello everybody, Just been informed by my dad that a big envelope from Beds Police is at home waiting for me with the results of my A/C...clutching at straws here but bigger the envelope the better?? lol So nervous....

    • 4 replies
    • 387 views
  5. Hafizur
    Started by Hafizur,

    Hi guys, Just wanted to say hello, and wondering if anyone has there Met Assesment Day 1 on 22nd Jan 09'? Thanks

  6. mitchell891546620349
    Started by mitchell891546620349,

    Hi I don't know if i'm the only one on here with this problem but i have trouble getting motivated, i know i need to prepare for my assessment centre but i can't get motivated. Am 19yrs old and i want the job as a police officer so bad and i know i need to study for my A/C but just can't get motivated. Any TIPS

    • 12 replies
    • 945 views
  7. kayleigh2828
    Started by kayleigh2828,

    Had my day one today!? Has anyone else had theirs? If you want some advice, just ask. It was tough. I was there from 10:30am until 5:15pm.

  8. ChrisDavidC
    Started by ChrisDavidC,

    Is anyone else attending this Assesment day? Got to say, im bricking it. Have a hotel booked in Golders Green so that i dont have to make it all the way from South East London at stupid O'clock.

  9. elifch
    Started by elifch,

    I wanted to become a police officer since i was a child and I decided that it was time for me to chase my dream, so I applied in August and had my Day 1 on 22nd January. We have been told that we will know the results by 23rd Feb!!! I am so excited, cannot wait to hear the results!! anyone else had their day 1 in last couple of weeks please? if you have, did it really take 4 weeks to get the results? PLEASE WISH ME GOOD LUCK!! Thank you

    • 0 replies
    • 71 views
  10. laura_hughes_87
    Started by laura_hughes_87,

    I know this varies greatly but usually specifically the met how long is it? Thanks!

    • 1 reply
    • 346 views
  11. Kiwi_Devil
    Started by Kiwi_Devil,

    Hey all Im attempting to choose my boroughs... I live in Horley (next to Gatwick Airport) so would love to go to Croydon firstly because its straight up the line (on the train) and it has such a variety of things going on... I want to learn the most that i can.... :ph34r: Can anyone tell me.... Is Croydon a priority borough??? Am i likely to get it as my first choice??? Many thanks Kat

    • 4 replies
    • 842 views
  12. nunchaku182
    Started by nunchaku182,

    Hi, I was wondering whether suffering from clinical depression would affect a person's chances of being accepted in to the police force? Anyone have any experience of this?

    • 1 reply
    • 407 views
  13. Atiuaf
    Started by Atiuaf,

    Hi Folks, Please any body here shed some light on the assessment prior to deployment(PDU). Is it multi choice exams and would be grateful to know what to except in it???? Any guideness will be highly appreciated!

    • 1 reply
    • 465 views
  14. metaxa85
    Started by metaxa85,

    Howdy! I have my assessement on 5th feb 09 and cant wait! Didnt feel nervous at all till i scoured this site! lol... Its been such a long wait as i applied to suffolk a year ago and transfered my application in september. Not looking forward to the 3 hour drive but its all going to be worth it! x

  15. youarelucky1979
    Started by youarelucky1979 * ,

    Hello Does anyone know anything about the appeal process at all. I got 63% on my overall but they failed me on my written giving me 22% so i failed. I wish to appeal against this as on my 1st attempt i got 70% on my written. I have improved in every area i failed on last time and obviously I am gutted. Only thing i can think of is is my spelling and grammer but would that bring me down that far ??? Any help would be great. Rachael

    Tim in the South

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.