Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Yol
    Started by Yol,

    Hi I am at the Northumbria Induction day this Friday (23rd) i was wondering what the dress code was save me pestering rec and is lunch provided with it being on the timetable. Also it side on the letters that came with the ecceptance letter there would be more information sent before training started do we just get that on Friday?? i know that they are small questions but I just thought that if I could get the answers of here it wouls save pestering Recrutiment. thanks x

    • 9 replies
    • 810 views
  2. hoodedclaw
    Started by hoodedclaw * ,

    Failed my final interview for Lancs today, however got told I would be invited back for another interview in 6 months. Was wondering what happens next? do recruitment contact me and arrange another interview or do I have to contact them? I take it I will recieve something in the mail from them? Weighing up my options at the moment. maybe transfer application but when I passed a/c all I recieved was letter to say I had passed no pass marks, is this usual? If I wanted to transfer my application would it just be a case of contacting recruitment to recieve grades. Sorry for all the questions but I've read through the forums and carnt seem to find any information on this…

    • 3 replies
    • 271 views
  3. jonah49
    Started by jonah49,

    Hi All. Thinking of doing a Met Police access course at a London college. Has anyone been on one and are they recommended. Thanks Jonah.

  4. Dev1749
    Started by Dev1749,

    Hey, Is anyone that is about to attend an AC worried about the written proposals? I don't really get the chance to write many reports in my current role so feel that this will be a challenge for me. I have practiced many times and I am happy with my structure, it's just my content seems to lack depth when compared to other examples that I have seen on the forums. Have any of you that have attended the AC before struggled in this area and passed? Cheers

    • 0 replies
    • 140 views
  5. messedupjoey
    Started by messedupjoey,

    Had my AC on friday and boy was I crapping my pants! When I turned up though and saw a load of young smartly dressed people looking just as worried as me I felt a lot better. Its true what they say, you really cannot tell how well you have done so I have 3 weeks of waiting to get my results. The bit I am most unsure of is the role-play because I was never sure if you were meant to make definate decisions and come to a conclusion but we shall see. Some people say take some water and a chocolate bar but turns out at Sussex I received water and biscuits, tea, coffee with quite a few breaks so dont worry about it. Everyone says you get a headache by the end and this is so…

    • 3 replies
    • 223 views
  6. Agent Utah
    Started by Agent Utah,

    Hello hello hello, Can anyone offer me some advice. Before handing in my medical questionnaire to my GP for confirmation signature etc, I completed it as this is what I though I was expected to do. Therefore, when it came to vaccination dates I had to estimate at a couple of them. My GP called last night to say the form was ready, but the dates I had completed were incorrect. She has kindly written the correct dates on the back section (her section for any notes) but I am a little concerned that the confliction my cause problems. Should I cross out the dates I wrote and amend them accordingly, or should I just leave it as the correct dates are on the back? I am at t…

  7. SBP
    Started by SBP,

    Hi there, I sent off my application form to Lothian and Borders a week ago and was just wondering if anyone else who's applied there could tell me how long it took them to hear if they'd made it through to the assessment day or not? Cheers, Chris

    • 6 replies
    • 520 views
  8. Pvt Marcus
    Started by Pvt Marcus,

    Hi all, as the titles suggests i have my A/C on Thursday (Met) and i am bricking it,i have looked over my information pack so many times, also been reading a book i got given which is helping a bit, i am hoping my A in GCSE Drama will help me with my role plays, and hopefully working in a call centre for 8 months will help if anyone has any tips on lats minute revision that would be great! also is anyone else here going on the 29th Jan? (Met) Many thanks in advance Yours Sincerley Marcus

  9. mitchell891546620349
    Started by mitchell891546620349,

    Hi All Congratulations to those who have got to the assessment centre stage, so what's on everyone's mind, i bet its how can i prepare for the Assessment centre!! I am preparing by attending a Talking Blues course, ordered study material such as books like: :SUCCEED AT PSYCHOMETRIC TESTING, practice tests for THE NATIONAL POLICE SELECTION PROCESS, new edition by Bernice Walmsley - which is an excellent piece of material from AMAZON. :HOW TO PASS - THE NEW POLICE SELECTION SYSTEM, by Harry Tolley from WATERSTONES, an ok piece of material. :Also i have subscribed to POLICEPREP.CO.UK which is a fantastic piece of material for tests. Study is the key to succeed WHAT AR…

    • 0 replies
    • 358 views
    mitchell891546620349
  10. SBP

    Hi there, Can anyone give any advice as to what to expect from the critical thinking test for Lothian and Borders Police? I have my assessment day in just over a month and am wondering if i can prepare for it. Also any tips for learning about current issues/Lothian and Borders Policing issues? I'm reading the law and order section on the Scotsman website and looking at the L&B website. Any other thoughts on what may be helpful? Cheers, Chris

    • 3 replies
    • 3.5k views
  11. LyndseyJane123
    Started by LyndseyJane123 * ,

    I have my assessment tomorrow at the Westshire Centre... I'm really nervous and i feel this is going to prevent me getting through, Has anyone got any tips as to how i can not look so nervous?! I'm really excited about doing it, just scared i will freeze.....

    • 0 replies
    • 465 views
    LyndseyJane123 *
  12. lozzy173
    Started by lozzy173,

    Hi guys, Not sure if this is just a hopeful rumor but I have heared that the Met police have dropped their day 1 pass park from 60% to 55%. Does anyone know if this is true? I got 56% and so didnt pass. They have allowed me to try for pcso position, however if it is true that they have dropped the pass mark I will appeal! Cheers

  13. Louise.
    Started by Louise.,

    Are females thought to be an under represented group in the police? With regards to the statement below Our Positive Action Manager is available to provide additional information, guidance and encouragement throughout the recruitment process should you consider yourself to be from an under-represented group which would include all areas of diversity. Would you like to benefit from this service? Yes – No If yes, the Positive Action Manager will contact you to assess your requirements in due course.

    • 7 replies
    • 806 views
  14. 120
    Started by 120,

    Hey, I have just been given a start date and dates for my medical, fitness test and uniform fitting. I was just interested to know what people wore to each of these as I am unsure whether to go casual or in a suit? Thanks

    • 6 replies
    • 250 views
    Jaydee1546620346
  15. subzero007
    Started by subzero007 * ,

    anyone know what it is?

    • 0 replies
    • 315 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.