Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
Hi I have applied for the specials in Staffordshire! I have passed the written test and the interview. I sent my health form back and a couple of weeks later I received a letter as there was a problem with my BMI and I went to the police station to have my BMI taken. (I am underweight not overweight) but this has always been the case as my mum, sister and even Gran are very skinny and tall. My BMI is 16 and they like it to be 19. There is no way I can put on weight. It is an impossible task as I just don't put on weight. (I’m one of those people that can eat chocolate and crisp all day and not have to worry!) The Fitness advisor is going to pass the results onto the …
-
I was notified today that I've been unsuccessful with my application form however I'm still very keen to join the police. Do you think it would be best to re-apply in 6 months or apply for the role of PCSO now? Also, do you know if I applied for PCSO now would it effect a PC application in six months? Any replies would be really apprecited! Thank you.
-
Hello All, I had my assessment centre for Cumbria on 21st Jan and slipped up!! EG. If a scenario is about a group of twenty somethings and I have used the term youths and suggested to keep an eye on them, would this be a fail do you think? Thinking about it now I wish I had not said it, does anyone else think this is going to be an automatic fail or am I paranoid?? Help would be appreciated x
-
I was in the pub at the time and my wife phoned up saying 'your letter from Sussex police has arrived with the PCSO assessment day results..' and I said 'okay.. open it..' then waited for her to call me back.. probably only a minute but it seemed longer.. and then... then Hurrah! Written reports: okay to good, strangely on both exercises Effective communication was a D, yet written communication was an A? Wonder what the difference is. Roleplay: Alls Cs to As, mostly Bs. Interview: (which I thought went badly) 1 A, 2 Bs, 2 Cs. Overall Nothing that unexpected, but I think you never can tell for sure, so on to the next step, I feel the toughest bit has passed!
-
With regards to criminal records, whos do they check, like in my family and if family memebers do have criminal records , how would it effect my application. thanks
-
Hi I have my fitness test on the 5th Jan. I have been lucky enough to practice on a Dyno. However, I am not sure if my technique is correct as i am getting conflicting reports from diferent people i speak too. The way i perform it, is that when pushing i sit with back firmly pressing my back against the back of the seat i push the bar until my arms are fully locked then pull the bar back to my chest. then on the digital screen in front of you there is a counter. this counts 1 - 4. i wait til the counter says 4 then push again. some people though are saying that you push the bar then bring it back then push again with no rest. What is the best way to perform the test p…
-
Just wondering if anyone knows whether a partner of a sibling would be checked? I was reviewing my application form the other day (its over a year since i applied so wanted to make sure everything was current!) and I realised that although my sister was living with my parents when i applied she has now moved in with her boyfriend of 6 months so I need to call GMP recruitment and give them her new address. I do believe however that this guy (who i have never met) is currently banned for driving (havent got a clue why - i am assuming drink driving) so would this impact me at all? I wouldnt have thought he would be checked because they arent even married, but if they so chec…
-
I recenlty applied to become a PC but I failed the sift, I was very confident that I would pass as I had an acting inspector look over my application and he was very impressed with the information and examples I have given. Unfortunately my sift results were a C overall with me only scoring a B on resillience. Now I have to wait 6 months to apply again, however I don't know if they will be recruiting in 6 months time as it seems I have been waiting forever for Dyfed Powys to open their recruitment. So my question is, I am interested in getting involved with the Police so have asked them to send out to me a Specials application form, but what I wanted to know is if for…
-
Read a topic on another forum from someone in the MOD police, that from this January the CNC (Civil Nuclear Constabulary) would be training with the MOD Police at Wethersfield in Essex. just wondering if anybody else had heard about this?
-
May seem a stupid question and maybe a bit premature but ill ask anyway. If you pass the A/C, Medical, fitness, interview etc, where do you do your training? I know its a long way off but I'm just curious. Hope someone knows.
-
Hi. I have used this cd course before and it is very good. This was in 2004 and i would like to know if it is upto date for 2009. Can anyone help? The version i have seen advertised only relates to 2007.
-
Does anyone know roughly how long the time is between the day 2 fitness and start day in the Met? I have a date for my day 2 in March but want to book a holiday between that and the start date. I just wondered roughly how many weeks/months. Thanks
-
Please any senior colleague here provide me some guidelines to how to put togather a tactical report writing, justification of force etc? or specimen statements . Any help will be highly appreciated! regards
-
Absulutely gutted i got a call to say i had failed the vetting process this morning. I still dont understand why they let you do all aspects of the recruitment process to then fail you on the vetting. I have a feeling it may be a driving conviction i have 7 years ago i got an AC10 and AC20 i declared all this on my application form so surely they would of failed me at the app stage and not the last hurdle if that is the reason. As far as im aware that is all i had against me. Whats your views.
-
had a call today from vetting. long story but in 2007 when my 2nd app went in to essex police i was staying in a friends house as had family problems. i wasnt a permanent resident but i put that address down on the up to date form when in fact i was still at home just spending nights away and weekends to get away. anyway, done the a/c etc and now being vetted. on the up to date forms in 2007, because i put the address i was most of the time, they wanted to know if i lived with a (for example) MR X and MR Y because the address was diferent to the one on the vetting forms i filled out in 2008. I didnt know MR X and got confused and said no. Explained i wasnt a permanent r…