Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. kpeter201546620256
    Started by kpeter201546620256,

    Like the title says :) Is anyone waiting on GMP to give them a start date? if so what stage of the process are you upto? I have had refs taken from everyone including my current job. They called to confirm this and just said we will be in touch in a few weeks. From another post I am lead to believe that once they have taken a ref from your current job then you aint got long left to wait. I know the next intake is 16 March so I am hoping I might get in!

    • 12 replies
    • 638 views
    kpeter201546620256
  2. Agent Utah
    Started by Agent Utah,

    Hi all, Just another question regarding my medical form as I want to make sure I have it completely right. I completed it and had my GP check and sign, but she highlighted on the back that I had 2 rta's a long time ago which to be honest I had forgotten about. However, both involved whiplash claims. Does that mean I should be declaring "yes" in the "any problems with neck, back etc" question or is that more about specific recurring problems? They were isolated cases and I fully recovered within a couple of weeks as I recall, only treatment I recieved was pain killers. Do they still count as neck problems on the form though? Any advice would be appreciated as I don't…

    • 3 replies
    • 120 views
  3. Janza1546621399
    Started by Janza1546621399,

    Have I got this right;graduates do not fill in the first 5 questions in section 4 but start at question 6,"tell us why you have applied to your chosen police force"?

    • 7 replies
    • 610 views
  4. BizzieBH
    Started by BizzieBH,

    Hi Guys At long last I have my start date and all the paper work for it. Is any one else starting in Essex on the 6th Feb?

  5. Emz5188
    Started by Emz5188,

    Hi Guys, I have my fitness date on 28th Jan at 0815 and just wanted to see if anyone had the same date, would be nice to know someone when I get up there! Anyone know any good B & Bs in the area? lol Cheers Em

    • 7 replies
    • 269 views
  6. rogue0809
    Started by rogue0809,

    Hi guys i just wanted to ask a question to those who have gone through the A/C process and received their marks back. This deffinately applies to both pass and fails too. I just wanted to know if it was anything like the RAF selection process letter. If you were successful you received an A-4 envelope and if you failed you would get a normal small envelope. Is it anything like this or is an A-4 no matter what the result is?? This would be useful so my heart isnt in my mouth when opening up a letter from Sussex Constab. At least then if i know this and I get a small letter i know what to expect and vice a versa lol!! cheers silly worrying i know but just thought i'd a…

    • 4 replies
    • 258 views
  7. Palmer85
    Started by Palmer85,

    I have my assesment on the 4th of feb, when i got my results back for my application form i wasnt told how well i scored, so i am now not sure if i should use the same compentancy answers for my my day 1? i am applying for the MET

    • 3 replies
    • 152 views
  8. ChrisS
    Started by ChrisS,

    HI, a couple of people have told me the starting net wage for an officer is around 900 quid. is this true? it seems very low considering you start on just over 20k? i know you pay a fair bit in the pension but i'd still be expecting 1300 quid a month. can anyone confirm this? thanks

  9. Anonymous
    Started by Anonymous,

    Hi all Just wanted to start a thread to see if anyone else is in the process of joining Sussex and going to this AC, getting worried its only me!!!!. Went on Ians ISP course on the 4th and was really good but only meet 1 person from sussex, there must be more people who are waiting. Am I alone lol Andy Applied Sussex - 21/09/06 Passed Papersift - 8/11/06 ISP Course - 4/02/07 A/C Confirmed - 28/3/07 (Nervous Now)

    • 3 replies
    • 198 views
  10. rogue0809
    Started by rogue0809,

    Hey guys Just having a bit of a flap at the mo guys! As you may know i have just completed the A/C day for Sussex and i felt it went ok! However during the interview i used 3 out of 4 of my answers from a past job (i was a RAF Officer past job), for teamwork, resilience and respect for race and diversity compentcies i used examples from my experiences from the RAF as these really were the best ones i could think of and i really do think they were pretty good examples. However i'm slightly worried that having used 3 examples from one past job, would this go against me? would appreciate your feedback and advice Cheers peeps!! Rogue

    • 9 replies
    • 289 views
  11. ginagstrings
    Started by ginagstrings,

    Hi guys does anyone else have the start date of 9th March for West Mids? I passed my fitness recently on 15th December with a time of 3m18s. i have been in touch with recruitment and my start date is 9th March, anyone else gonna be there? any tips? cheers ginagstrings

    • 20 replies
    • 1.8k views
  12. KernowTom
    Started by KernowTom,

    I have just done my assessment day, and had all my security forms sent off. But then on the following Monday at work, two customers came in, had a big fight, broke lots of stuff etc.. The Police turned up, and I had to give a witness statement because I was the most significant witness and was involved in trying to difuse the situation. The Police said I might be contacted in the future about the incident. Should I ring recruitment and tell them about this?

    • 2 replies
    • 425 views
  13. Wabbit Twacker
    Started by Wabbit Twacker * ,

    Hi all, I've got my AC Day 1 next week at Hendon, and dreading the interview and role plays (aren't we all?). Any advice of how to maximise my chances of passing?

  14. gregors
    Started by gregors,

    Did anyone else get the letter through today? Also if you are unable to attend on the date they have set, is your application withdrawn? Thanks

  15. clarksonrob
    Started by clarksonrob,

    Was due to do my AC for WMP this week,just had a letter from them saying they've had to terminate my application due some driving convictions from 13 years ago.The letter states that due to new policy they now have tighter guidelines on cautions and convictions,and any previous conviction would have to be declared on every future court file submitted by a police officer,and due to this the evidience would be discredited by the defence because of the officers background.Does anybody have any info on this they could share?I'd like know if anybody knows about these new policies,and if this applies to every force.Thanks.

    • 5 replies
    • 954 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.