Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. dazzer34
    Started by dazzer34,

    hi could anyone tell me are you aloud to work out your answers on a spare sheet of paper when your taking the test or is it not allowed and you just have work it out in your head if you can answer this it would be a great help many thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 215 views
  2. claireallday
    Started by claireallday * ,

    Hi, just recieved my letter inviting me to the PIRT for special constable, letter says that the policeuk website would be helpful to look at, but the bloody things not working properly! So I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the PIRT involves? I know you do a maths test and a literacy one, but the maths is only 12 mins long and the english 25 isnt it? But my letter says ill be there for 2 hours, does this mean you do role plays and other tests too or just the maths and english? Thanks alot!

    • 1 reply
    • 406 views
  3. jason88
    Started by jason88,

    Hi Guys I wondered if anyone was in the same boat as me: Basically I applied for Hampshire and got through the paper sift and was waiting on my assesment date, when they told me I would have to wait up to a year without hearing anything, but that I could transfer my application. So thats what I did, back in September I transfered my application to The Met, they sent me a CASA form to fill in which I did then sent it back to them. As of yet i have not heard a thing from them, and when Ii call or email, I dont get any response from the recruitment team. Any advice on what i could do would be brilliant. Jay P.S Also does anyone kno…

  4. alberttrotter1
    Started by alberttrotter1,

    PASSED, You dancer Albert

    • 1 reply
    • 113 views
  5. mrlaw
    Started by mrlaw,

    Does your pay go up after the 18 weeks of training or is it after your 9 weeks tutor phase or is it after 2years many thenks

    • 4 replies
    • 640 views
  6. Knelly
    Started by Knelly,

    Hiya, Just a quick one, On the A/C written Memo's would it be O.K to use bullet points for your suggestions? I have seen posts where people say yes and no. Any help would be great, it's just one of those things that keeps me awake at night!! lol

    • 7 replies
    • 186 views
  7. george76271546620128
    Started by george76271546620128,

    So after ups and downs a few pillars and some posts, I finally have my Day 1 booked in. 18th March. Is anyone else attending ?

  8. lozzy173
    Started by lozzy173,

    Hey guys, sooooo...here is the problem. I have my fitness in exactly one week. Im generally a fit person and run loads so am not worried about the bleep test however i am bricking it for the Push/Pull. I have a small frame and dont weigh that much and am really weak so really scared I am going to fail this. I only heard recently about my date so have had no time to train! Have other girls done this?? Any advice greatly appreciated!

    • 13 replies
    • 428 views
  9. laurzf1
    Started by laurzf1,

    Just a question... I've done my Days 1 & 2 and so just waiting for vetting to finish. I've just checked my credit report on line (as it got flagged up that it had been searched) and it says I'm not on the electoral roll, when I know I blimmin' am!! I've checked with the council and they say I am registered but the address is slightly different. Which is totally stupid!! My address is definitely one road, and when I register with companies etc, the post code tallys with that. But the council say its another so therefore I don't come up as being registered because the credit ref agencies don't have this info. Aaargh. Do you think this will affect my vetting? "Surely n…

    • 1 reply
    • 323 views
    specialteacher1546081026
  10. genehunt1546081156
    Started by genehunt1546081156,

    Hi Folks I have been seriously thinking of applying for the regs, the only nagging doubt is that I am 50, yes half a century old! Some might say I am mad and should be thinking of retirement rather than changing careers. But I am a youthful 50 (some say in a bad light, that I look about 40!) and have been a special for a year or so which I love. Give me your thoughts good or bad, go on I can take it, I'm a big boy!

    • 9 replies
    • 940 views
  11. bwyatt
    Started by bwyatt,

    I've been wanting to join the police when I leave College in July 2009. It's an unshakeable ambition of mine to join the GMP, and I've read so much material about it. Of course, there's only so much reading can do. Anyway, I'm under the impression that, as I stand, I probably will not be considered. I'm obese (I hate the connotations that word brings, I'm no Rick Waller - I'm just a big guy) and I've had no prior work experience except back in Secondary School for work experience. I'm a pretty good sprinter, that is I can run very fast but only for a short time. I'm useless with long distance running. Is this a problem? I dealt with customers when I did work experience…

    • 12 replies
    • 709 views
  12. sgerrard1974
    Started by sgerrard1974,

    Has anyone had any notification yet if they are to start in March with GMP, i spoke to my boss yesterday and he still hasn't been asked for a reference. I passed my medical back in October looks has though the March start date is going to be beyond my reach as i have to give four weeks notice, Is the waiting game another criteria you have to pass to get in LOL? Stu

    • 12 replies
    • 555 views
  13. jamie297
    Started by jamie297,

    Hi, got my application form back the other day and it says I have passed. Any idea how long it is 'till they invite me to an assessment centre? Cheers

    • 1 reply
    • 898 views
  14. george76271546620128
    Started by george76271546620128,

    aaaaarrrrrrggggggggeeeeee I have just got mine, no idea where to start !

    • 3 replies
    • 142 views
  15. rossboo
    Started by rossboo,

    Hello everyone, just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat as me! just had my medical on wednesday the 14th for Essex police. Just like everyone else i have no idea how long the wait is going to be... not long i hope! Cheers Ross

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.