Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Kevy D
    Started by Kevy D,

    Hi all, ALREADY having a "what to wear" dilemna and I haven't even submitted my app form yet ;-) I've managed to secure a place at the Cheshire Police recruitment seminar (the only way to get an application pack this time) and I'm wondering what everyone would normally wear to this event? I'm planning to wear a suit but no tie, would that be acceptable? Thanks for your help, Kev.

    • 6 replies
    • 1.5k views
  2. Tag123
    Started by Tag123,

    Hello i have wanted to join the police from an early age i have also passed a college course that helps you prepare for the job. I want to join my local force which is hertfordshire constabulary and they say you can apply at 17 and 6 months (which is my current age) and then 18 at the time of administrastion what are the chances of me getting in at such an early age . my current situation is that im working at marks and spencers and have been for 1 year and 4 months and my role is a coach (instructor). please advise me on what is best to do thanks Tom

  3. GSLOW87
    Started by GSLOW87,

    Just looking at the 104 week probation period. I'm in application for Fife police. Can't find a run down of this anywhere except for the strathclyde website. It states you go to Jackton, but is this just for students from Strathclyde or is this for everyone? I know you go to both, but I've never heard anyone mention jackton. Can someone please add some knowledge to this, I'm a bit unsure at the moment!

    • 2 replies
    • 222 views
  4. specialteacher1546081026
    Started by specialteacher1546081026,

    Now that Northumbria have closed their applications and all future assessent centres, I am looking further afield to other forces. Many are not recruiting, but say they want people from certain 'groups' to call them to register interest. Why? Would it mean i would hear as soon as they opened recruitment? Has anyone done this? Thanks!

    • 8 replies
    • 533 views
  5. andyb206
    Started by andyb206,

    Hi all, I'm new to the Forum. I applied for GMP in Nov 2007, passed my assessment in May 2008, passed my final interview in Oct 2008, passed the fitness in Dec 2008 and am attending my medical in Feb 2009. Has anybody recently finished everything and got a start date? I'm wanting to know what sort of timescale to expect after the medical? I'm only working for an agency at the moment and am wondering whether or not to get a full time job to keep my money more regular. Any help or information would be greatly appreciated!

    • 9 replies
    • 1.1k views
  6. get_some
    Started by get_some,

    Any of you guys currently in pc training be able to tell me if a laptop would be a good idea for typing up lecture notes etc? Or would it just be an epic waste of money

    • 3 replies
    • 957 views
  7. gavinbpage
    Started by gavinbpage * ,

    If I use examples from work for my interview questions, will I fail as it shows I don't have experience, or doesn't it matter where my examples come from as long as they fit the criteria. My assesment is in two days for the MET. Mant thanks for any help posted.

    • 2 replies
    • 171 views
  8. forceofnature86
    Started by forceofnature86 * ,

    Passed SET and Fitness test yesterday and got my intial interview next monday could anyone PM me about what I need to know or any help at all please Thanks Martin

    • 3 replies
    • 427 views
  9. jboymans
    Started by jboymans,

    hi just wondering if anyone recieved a letter today about their day 1 assesment

  10. monks85
    Started by monks85,

    I have a uniform inspection next Wednesday and I need to bull my boots...does anyone know a trialled and tested way of doing it and what type of cloth to use?? Thanks :-)

    • 37 replies
    • 7.9k views
  11. emforpresident
    Started by emforpresident,

    Hey all any input to the below would be greatly appreciated. I applied for Merseyside Police back in Sep and failed at the initial paper sift due to sickness. Which is fine. However, now Merseyside are recruiting for CSOs and I was extremely eager to apply when I found out but today, at the finishing stages, I am suddenly not sure anymore. CSOs don't gain any real police experience and it's not really what I want to do. Seems like I'm only doing it to pass the time. BTP should logically start recruiting soon over here in the north west, so... Anyone been in the same boat - did you go for it? Thanks

  12. pc_gdogg
    Started by pc_gdogg,

    Hello everyone, I'm looking to brush up on my maths for my A/C as its been years since I've done some. Can anybody tell me any websites where I solve problems which are of a similiar standard to the ones which are asked as part of the A/C? Thanks, any help would be great.

    • 1 reply
    • 153 views
    genehunt1546081156
  13. Shields09
    Started by Shields09,

    Hey I've just sent off my application for Northumbria, anyone else in the same boat? The closing date is not until August 09 - hope I don't have to wait until then to hear back considering applications opened in February 08?!

  14. mitchell891546620349
    Started by mitchell891546620349,

    Hi all, sorry if this has been done on here before but has anyone been on the talking blues course, am thinking of going on one but is it worth it, does it help and what happens on it. Any comments welcome and thanks

    • 7 replies
    • 759 views
  15. Jeevs1
    Started by Jeevs1,

    Hey guys! Really worried & looking for a bit of help I have my SET/fitness test on sat the 13th of December at Jackton. Does anyone know if its likely to be the outside run or the bleep test? Im thinking because of the weather it may be the bleep test. Also does anyone know what level 7.3 is, like how many bleeps? Not had the chance to do much training...whats my chances in passing? Any replys would be much appreciated

    • 11 replies
    • 5.3k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.