Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. mikkg
    Started by mikkg * ,

    Hi all, Just thinking that if you applied to be a reg and at some stage of the process was rejected or told not enough exp etc etc.... Could you there and then inquire about getting into the special instead without having to do everything again? For example, its the home interview and its then they decide to tell you that your not going to be accepted what are the chances of trying to be a special instead and show that you are willing to gain more exp. For the past wee while I cant make my mind up whether to apply for the regs or special. I dont hate my day job and being a special would give me lots of exp for when I wanted to join the regs. (no rush im only 22). Ho…

    • 3 replies
    • 421 views
    specialteacher1546081026
  2. kevmc1978
    Started by kevmc1978,

    Hi guys, Just wondering does anyone who got in how long the vetting and background checks take? They sent me out a letter that I think we should have filled out at initial interview, I sent it back today and called in, they said it can take up to 8 weeks!!!! Surely not that long?!!! I know both my refs have sent it back to them already, just wondered how long it took for everyone else?? Had my intial last Sunday and they told me I had done well, now im really impatient!!!! Any feedback would be great, cheers!!!

    • 9 replies
    • 1.4k views
  3. Bournemouth Dom
    Started by Bournemouth Dom,

    Hello everybody, I'm currently waiting for a start date for Hampshire (having passed the final interview in Oct 2007) and have been invited to an open day on 28th Feb. Anybody else in a similar position? I've been told we'll hear more in April so fingers crossed....

    • 9 replies
    • 604 views
    Bournemouth Dom
  4. pc g
    Started by pc g,

    Hey folks, I'm thinking of possibly trasferring (currently a serving Constable) to Cumbria at some point... from a Scottish force. Any advice/thoughts much appreciated. I dont know anyone serving in Cumbria, so no idea what shifts are like, opportunities, how they decide where you will be based etc etc etc list goes on. Obviously I have had a wee look on their website but would rather hear it from 'the horses mouth' so to speak. Cheers G Any positives or negatives welcome!!

  5. andyb206
    Started by andyb206,

    Hi, I've recently had a phone call from GMP saying that they are doing my Vetting. Is this the same as the background checks or are they seperate? I still have to do my medical next month then I'm just waiting for a start date i think! I was hoping to start in March but in my letter about my medical it said the background checks would be conducted after the medical. Any info would be much appreciated. Cheers, Andy

    • 12 replies
    • 2k views
  6. genehunt1546081156
    Started by genehunt1546081156,

    Hi Folks I was poking around the NPIA website and found an example of an AC role play. If you are interested follow the link below and downlaod the MURRAY file. http://www.npia.police.uk/en/6687.htm The Silver one strikes again! :whistle2: I must learn how to spell download and centre!

    • 3 replies
    • 262 views
  7. kacknar
    Started by kacknar,

    Oh dear A/C results this week spoken to recuitment assured me they will be with us end of this week for TVP Properly bricking it now.....pretty convinced I have failed but I want to have it in writing!!! anyone else waiting this week??

  8. specialteacher1546081026
    Started by specialteacher1546081026,

    Northumbria were meant to be recruiting until mid Agust 2009, but closed their recruitment window on orders from above on Friday. Some a/centres may also be postponed for quite some time. what a pain!

    • 32 replies
    • 2k views
    mitchell891546620349
  9. jennyhbk
    Started by jennyhbk,

    hi everyone can someone please explain why as a police officer of 20yrs and wish to transfer do you need to do a fitness and medical, i can understand an interview but.........the rest no, i am fit otherwise i couldnt do the job, but just wanted to know if anyone else had the same opinion.

  10. sam3210
    Started by sam3210,

    is there anything I can take at college to help me get into the police thanks in advance sam3210

    • 14 replies
    • 798 views
  11. Rebel-INS
    Started by Rebel-INS,

    Anyone else on this intake? Finally got the call to say all my checks and references have passed and I've been offered a place! I'm over the moon, seriously can't wait.

    • 13 replies
    • 1.1k views
  12. BLUE BLUES
    Started by BLUE BLUES,

    After you have had your medical can you have laser eye surgery before your start date (as there is a few months wait) as my eyes sight is ok to pass just wondered if it was worth doing so no glasses contacts etc? any ideas people?

    • 1 reply
    • 136 views
    Jaydee1546620346
  13. rotorrottie
    Started by rotorrottie,

    Is it the British Transport Police, or does each county do their own airport, if they have one in their area? Thanks in advance.

    • 6 replies
    • 604 views
  14. Gavin!
    Started by Gavin!,

    Greetings all. Started my application early February 2007, 2 years on and ive done everything, done my interviews, done my fitness, passed my medical (3rd november 08). All my references and checks etc have been done and I rang recruitment to check and my entire application is fine, just awaiting a start date. I ring every so often but never tend to find out much, does anybody have any information regarding any start dates within the next few months? Ive already had to cancel an expensive holiday to Egypt (may 09) on recruitments advice as it might overlap a potential start date! Just getting that letter with a start date on will be fantastic, but after such a long w…

    • 16 replies
    • 1.2k views
  15. oldboy
    Started by oldboy,

    Hi all Got a day 1 assessment in March and was wondering if there are any pre-assessment days or a "taster day" if so, how can I get on one of these? If not, does anyone know of, or more importantly can recommend any one day/weekend courses designed to help you pass the day one? cheers!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.