Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. geebee
    Started by geebee,

    Bought a pair of 5.11 ATAC Storms with side zip for £87. http://www.511tactical.com/browse/Home/Fir...0:20501/I/12004 Got them from The Kit Shop, Fore Street, Exeter. They are extremely light and the side-zip looks sturdy. Tried on the much cheaper Bates version and they appeared more flimsy and less comfortable. The Kit Shop also stocked Lowa and Magnums. Here are the pics...got some practice in with the parade gloss and water!

  2. sgerrard1974
    Started by sgerrard1974,

    Had a call of GMP recruitment asking if i can chase up my boss for a reference done by email. If he gets it back to them today, would i have a fighting chance of being in the March intake or would i now be looking at May.

    • 10 replies
    • 764 views
  3. Chief Rat
    Started by Chief Rat,

    Please DO NOT post the details of your actual interview questions and answers from any of your recruitment interviews. Users will have their posts removed who do so. Recruiting departments need to be able to identify if the answers you give are your own, and not those obtained from other candidates.

    • 1 reply
    • 20.5k views
    richie991546620414
  4. Desi
    Started by Desi,

    Opened my pack after I got back home and I failed by 2% got 53%. I Am so gutted and upset right now. . My overall was RRD - 71% ORAL - 100% WRITTEN - 44% OVERALL - 53% Really wanted this and I feel so confused at the moment I can't describe how low im feeling

    Georgie1545925588
  5. elifch
    Started by elifch,

    I wanted to become a police officer since i was a child and I decided that it was time for me to chase my dream, so I applied in August and had my Day 1 on 22nd January. We have been told that we will know the results by 23rd Feb!!! I am so excited, cannot wait to hear the results!! anyone else had their day 1 in last couple of weeks please? if you have, did it really take 4 weeks to get the results? PLEASE WISH ME GOOD LUCK!! Thank you

  6. Jaydee1546620346
    Started by Jaydee1546620346,

    Feeling really happy today, phoned vetting to be told my security checks have passed :w00t: Just waiting on the final decision for my medical now! So happy today

    • 8 replies
    • 754 views
    Jaydee1546620346
  7. P4UL
    Started by P4UL,

    Hi, was just curious as to when they actually contact the references that we put in our applications?? Is this done at the vetting stage? Also, do they contact your current employer as well as the two referee's? I put my manager at work down as a referee but she isn't my 'actual' employer - And for my second referee I gave a previous employer? As far as i can remember, the application did ask for current employment details to which I filled in - Hence the reason I didn't feel the need to put the company as a reference, I thought it would be much better to put someone who I've actually worked with within the company, i.e. my manager. Hope someone can give me a little b…

    • 4 replies
    • 621 views
  8. norwichguy
    Started by norwichguy,

    Just wondered how much debt is too much. I am being vetted by Essex police and have been told by Essex police recruitment that they look at the amount of debt you have. well, i have £23,000. never missed a payment or had ccj's but have been told the amount may let me down. does anyone else have debt but still passed finance vetting. after 8 years of trying and getting this far i really cant face failing and missing my start date of march 20th because i have a bit of debt which, i might add is managable on a month to month basis! im bricking it! help please...lol

    • 29 replies
    • 2.7k views
  9. lane_harry@hotmail.com
    Started by lane_harry@hotmail.com,

    Northumbria Fitness 16th Feb Anyone?

    • 8 replies
    • 225 views
  10. BLUE BLUES
    Started by BLUE BLUES,

    Do you have a drug test during the medical ? I am not worried about failing haven't smoked anything in years (little spree at uni ) but just wondered if it was standard to have one? Ive had hair taken before and passed that but will the police take hair or blood if they do a test? any ideas?

  11. PClifeturned
    Started by PClifeturned * ,

    Hi, long winded post coming up but i'd really appreciate any help.... Basically i'm 21 and have just started thinking what am i going to do with the rest of my life. I was recently transferred from my nice easy job to a really boring job, albeit it on better money, but i hate the job! I was good at school, got good grades and have never actually been in any kind of trouble with the police. After leaving school, i fell in with the proverbial "wrong crowd" and began smoking cannabis, which resulted in me dropping out of my journalism college course and taking a dead end job to pay the rent after leaving home. Whilst never really progressing onto harder drugs, i have nev…

    • 4 replies
    • 487 views
    Tim in the South
  12. richie991546620414
    Started by richie991546620414,

    Hi, I have just got my results back from the met for my day one and got the following: overall: 54% race and diversity: 62% oral communication: 100% written communication: 44% the met requires 55% overall and I have exceeded the rest of their required scores in the other fields, working it out from the matrix they failed me by 0.02 of a percentage. Has anyone challenged the met based on them making a perverse descion by an inappropiate judgement or similar before? I understand that there is a set score but to fail somebody by 0.02 of a percentage seems a little irrational. I know the test is marked by a computer system but adminstrative HR staff at the met has to org…

  13. chief wiggams
    Started by chief wiggams,

    Hiya All Just wondered if anyone knows what the rules are surrounding being colour blind for either Fife Constabulary or Lothian and Borders? Does anyone know? Cheers

    • 0 replies
    • 262 views
  14. Desi
    Started by Desi,

    Well what can I say apart from that I’m drained and I wouldn't want to do that again ... I genuinely don't know what to think ... I'll go through my experience with you guys … I did my Role Plays and Interview first and in the role plays I did get my recommendations across in about 3 and in 1 role play I didn't exactly do that. I was going over what I knew from reports and at one point just froze up and my mind went blank, but after a breather (or 2!) I regained some life and started talking again but by the time I wanted to make some recommendations the buzzer went ... It seemed as though my planned structure went out of the window and I was just getting info off the…

  15. dguk08
    Started by dguk08,

    which is the best one to go for: talkingblues @ £40 in2police @ £25

    • 1 reply
    • 377 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.