Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Mick23
    Started by Mick23,

    Had my BMI done at medical today and I am a 16.5 stone bodybuilder and very lean at the moment (my off season weight goes up to 19 stone). I am 175cm and so my BMI is easily over 30 and the doctor said i need to lose 2 stone to get to a minimum of 14.5 stone!! Outrageous! I have probably got a lower body fat percentage than most professional athletes and am fit aswell. Is there anything I can do like ask them to test bodyfat instead? Being a sports scientist and knowing BMI is a load of ###### I don't want to fail at the last hurdle to a test that means nothing as it is assuming that I am fat and overweight. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

    • 46 replies
    • 2.5k views
  2. darrenu
    Started by darrenu * ,

    Hi all, i got the dreaded letter today that i had failed the sift for lothian and borders... I don't understand why, i have a lot of good experience and my application form was submitted as neatly as i could! is the a process of appeal for the application process or am is the form too early to appeal? I only ask because now i have to wait 6 months to join the next closest force(fife)

    • 5 replies
    • 722 views
  3. Louise.
    Started by Louise.,

    Firstly, is this possible? Secondly, is it a bad idea? I havent even attended the Pre recruitment evening for the regs yet, but there is a possible staff position that I could apply for now. The job information states the following... 'Additionally, suitable police staff are also encouraged to consider a career as either PCSOs or Police Officers', which suggests they wouldnt be upset if i left to join the regs, but i wonder if it will be frowned upon if i am applying for both at the same time. Sorry if thats really confusing....

    • 3 replies
    • 415 views
  4. rathbona1234
    Started by rathbona1234,

    im probably thinking way way too much about this but how did girls wear their hair for the assessment centres? is it best to have it tied up and out of the way or does it not matter? thanks

  5. oswald
    Started by oswald,

    I've got my uniform fitting next week. Do I need to wear my shoes? Or take anything?Also people mention pulling up their trousers, why is this? ~Ozzy~

    • 1 reply
    • 310 views
  6. jlong951
    Started by jlong951,

    Hi, Asking this for a mate of mine - He want's to know if you can apply to the Police Force as soon as you are 'officially' out of the RAF (or any armed forces). Or, do you have to wait a certain time period? He is no longer serving, but was recently. Thanks alot.

  7. Intake4
    Started by Intake4,

    From personal experience what is the best Metropolitan police borough to work in? and WHY? especially for someone starting their career.

  8. mungus_mungo
    Started by mungus_mungo,

    got a/c in march, do you get to do working out on paper for this? or is it all in ur head??

    • 3 replies
    • 130 views
  9. kimbo09
    Started by kimbo09,

    Hey guys, Thought i would start a wee thread to see who is all looking to be heading up to tulliallan in february the 16th.?? Anyone else totally excited!!! Everyone i have been speaking to on here seems to be joining the jan intake, and i just missed out on that, so feel like i should get chatting to folks im going to be joining with??

  10. Kiwi_Devil
    Started by Kiwi_Devil,

    Hey all This could be written elsewhere (tho i couldn't find it :smiley_help: ).... when do you get your uniform for the MET??? Many thanks Kat

    • 8 replies
    • 1.6k views
    barbican011546620261
  11. LordLoveRocket
    Started by LordLoveRocket,

    What actually happens in the medical, and don't give me the whole 'cough and drop' b******s because your talking to LordLoveRocket here, i'm quite happy to let someone grab my plums! I just want someone who's been through the medical to give me a some step by step info. on what goes on... what stages you go through from start to finish... annnd, if you've got the time, let me know how you find out your results - Cheers all, LLR :shhh:

    • 7 replies
    • 372 views
  12. pj4d
    Started by pj4d,

    Okay folks who has received the good news and has been allocated to the FEB Intake course so far ?

  13. MOP1546620307
    Started by MOP1546620307 * ,

    Hi, i'm thinking of joining Cambridgeshire Police and I was wondering what it's like working there. Is anyone here from Cambridgeshire Police?

    • 2 replies
    • 759 views
  14. asmith88
    Started by asmith88 * ,

    I have recently passed my initial interview, and was wondering how long everyone waited to hear back about their background checks? and what to expect i.e a phone call or letter to confirm weather or not i'l have a final interview? thanks Alan

    • 1 reply
    • 432 views
  15. skydiver
    Started by skydiver +,

    Can anyone give me an idea about the format of the Leicester FIB? I understand that it has three interviewers, that it is competency based and that I should not use the answers I gave in my initial application form. I also get the impression that I will receive the results of the FIB straight away as I have been asked to keep time spare to visit the recruitment office if successful, but has anyone any idea about what sort of questions are they likely to ask?

    • 3 replies
    • 170 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.