Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. amyg84
    Started by amyg84,

    Hi all, I'm just wondering if anyone else is in the same position as me, I applied to the Met in July 08 and have passed my day 1 and day 2 fitness. As I'd had quite a bit (14 days) of sick leave last year due to stomach problems they put my application on "medical hold" for 3 months. Before they did this I had seen a specialist, been put on medication and been fine, which I still am. But the doctor at occupational health wanted to leave it 3 months to make sure I had no sick leave at all and that the medication was working. I am now 2 weeks away from the end of that 3 month period!! It's driving me mad! I have had no sick leave in the last 3 months and my GP is happy…

  2. 5205bradders
    Started by 5205bradders * ,

    Hey guys, I'm currently serving in the RMP, and am looking to join the CNC, I've had a look at the recruitment site, and was just wondering what people's opinions of the force were, CNC Officer or otherwise. I was looking for a general outline of the work, and such, or whether people thought it'd be worth joining. Cheers, Brad.

    • 0 replies
    • 459 views
  3. JJ234
    Started by JJ234,

    Hey all I'm currently filling in the application form for joining the Met police and have a few questions I could use some help with! 1. With the competency questions I am a graduate so for some reason I am allowed to miss them out (can only think the reason may be because they think you perhaps haven't had enough life experience at this age??) but wondered if I was actually capable of answering some of them, should I write an answer to them regardless? I feel this could go either way - sound like a know it all or really impress them with some life experience so opinions on this would be appreciated! 2. Also, I have lived in student housing for 3 years whilst at uni…

    • 0 replies
    • 282 views
  4. laurajday123
    Started by laurajday123,

    Hey, just wondering if anyone knows on average when you recieve your warrant card during your training with the met. Im due to start next month and im just trying to get an idea of how much money i need to get together fo transport. Thanks alot Laura

  5. kirkstine
    Started by kirkstine,

    Hi all, I have posted my application form off today, spent the last two weeks drafting out my answers and finally wrote it out neat this morning and sent it. However, I photocopied it before I posted it off and after reading through it, I noticed I did not fill in the section on employment "nature of business" on three of my jobs! Now I am panicking, thinking that I will fail on missing this out If someone could shed some light and let me know where I stand, or am I being paranoid? Hope to hear from somonem Cheers, Phil

    • 5 replies
    • 477 views
  6. oldlass
    Started by oldlass,

    Hi, I am starting Tulli in February - just wondered if there was anyone else hanging about this forum wondering what on earth we letting ourselves in for?

    • 2 replies
    • 613 views
  7. dazzer34
    Started by dazzer34,

    has anyone got any examples of a written test and answers please

    • 2 replies
    • 174 views
  8. Gazzz
    Started by Gazzz * ,

    Hey Guys, Eventually got my start date for Strathclyde, having waited 16 wks for my vetting to clear!! I start at Jackton on the 16th feb, getting measured for my uniform on the 7th, im moving over from Northern Ireland, so everything is a little mad at the mo, if anyone else is starting that date please get in touch?? or if you have any tips, I have yet to purchase my boots, any recommendations, and do I need them for my uniform fitting?? is the shop at Jackton open on saturdays?? Any help greatly appreciated. :smiley_help:

  9. AdamO
    Started by AdamO,

    Hi. Thinking of going to Uni first and getting a degree, before hopefully joining the regulars. I think I would like to study Pharmacy as an undergraduate course, but my question is would I be eligible to work as a special whilst undertaking a Pharmacy degree. My reason for asking is that healthcare professionals are generally not allowed to work as specials, but would being a student in a health related degree affect an application to the specials??? Also, would completing a Pharmacy degree before applying to the police reduce my chances of being accepted into the regulars more than, say, a Geography or Criminology degree; as if I have the degree, would the assessors t…

    • 1 reply
    • 282 views
    specialteacher1546081026
  10. Ascot
    Started by Ascot,

    Got the date through.... anyone else here this day???

    • 5 replies
    • 201 views
  11. Times_champion
    Started by Times_champion,

    Im aware that about 3 weeks or so before your start date for GMP you have a meeting where you get to meet all your fellow student officers and get told your division etc, but do you get your assigned station then as well? If not then when do you get this? Is it at the end of your 6 months training when it is decided which stations need people most?

    • 3 replies
    • 600 views
  12. DanielJ1546620411
    Started by DanielJ1546620411 * ,

    Hello everyone, I'm a Computer Science student in my third year - about to graduate. For a while now i've been considering applying to the Police force, but i'm a little bit confused on where to go from here. I've looked at various recruitment websites such as http://www.policecouldyou.co.uk/ and http://www.met.police.uk/recruitment/ but didn't really find details of the exact jobs to go for. I want something I can apply my specialist knowledge to - computing. I've heard of things like Data Analysts, Crime Analysts, Communications Officers, Scientific Support Officers and so on, but I have no idea what they actually are, whether they would suit me, or how to apply for o…

    • 2 replies
    • 374 views
  13. norwichguy
    Started by norwichguy,

    Just wondered how much debt is too much. I am being vetted by Essex police and have been told by Essex police recruitment that they look at the amount of debt you have. well, i have £23,000. never missed a payment or had ccj's but have been told the amount may let me down. does anyone else have debt but still passed finance vetting. after 8 years of trying and getting this far i really cant face failing and missing my start date of march 20th because i have a bit of debt which, i might add is managable on a month to month basis! im bricking it! help please...lol

    • 0 replies
    • 258 views
  14. Rhea1546620411

    Hello, I am an athlete and have been preparing myself for a competition - my specialty is the 400 metres. I am a little overweight, which causes me to become tired around the 250m mark and drop off the pace. Are there any products that can help increase my stamina - legally? Your guidance is needed.

  15. CharlieWhiskey
    Started by CharlieWhiskey,

    Hi all, ive currently been viewing these forums for around a year now as i have been set on the police as a career for a long time. Ive been trying to get as much information as possible about the AC, the do's and donts and general insight into police life etc. Now in the next week i will be having laser eye surgery (YES !) as ive always hated wearing glasses and also i didnt want to get to the medical if i passed the AC only to be failed on my poor eyesight. Now this is where my dilemma is: Im 19 and have been working in Morrisons for a year and a bit, getting to interact with the customers and also getting experience in difficult situations as i thrive on dealing wi…

    • 11 replies
    • 758 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.