Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Kingie
    Started by Kingie,

    I'm slightly dyslexic, so im worried about the written application, casue my handwriting isn't the neatest and my spelling is pretty darn awful, aswell as my punctuation. Is any consdieration given for people with learning difficulties such as dyslexia?

    • 3 replies
    • 1.1k views
  2. ElBearo
    Started by ElBearo,

    Without going into details I felt I did: Well on the written reports, got in a couple of very good ideas and addressed all problems. Poorly at the interviews.. stumbled, always had time left, realised things I'd missed out too late, occasionally groped for the correct corporate-spiel words to include. Quite well at the role-play, or at least one of them. As a balance I feel quite optimistic but if I failed the grades in the interview then how well I did at the other exercises doesn;t really matter. Alot of it seemed quite mechanical which makes me feel the judging of competencies and any character evaluation will be just as impartial and cold, the evaluators tick b…

    • 1 reply
    • 136 views
  3. ALDO5
    Started by ALDO5 * ,

    Hey everyone, first time being on this forum and its got good stuff on it. Just wondering if anyone has any advice for the final interview! i have it on wed and im getting nervous! am a right in saying its more about you and your views rather than everything you learned for the intial? Any reply would b great! cheers al

    • 4 replies
    • 255 views
  4. Louise.
    Started by Louise.,

    This is probably a silly question, but does a 'parking ticket' count as a 'motoring offence' like speeding does? (just want to be 100% certain)

    • 2 replies
    • 488 views
  5. rogue0809
    Started by rogue0809,

    Hi all, was just wondering if anyone here knows what the pass mark is for sussex constab. if not does anyone know where i can look to find out? just done A/C and want to know what i have to hit. Also want to know what kents is so that if i fail Sussex (fingers crossed i dont) i want to know if my mark is good enough for kents then i may be able to transfer to them as i live right on the border. cheers peeps! i know - ever the optimist!!!

  6. Gaz999
    Started by Gaz999,

    Hey all ive got my big day tomorow!! Police Assessment tets etc.. What can be my last minute preps for today? Cheers Gaz

    • 2 replies
    • 758 views
  7. Atiuaf
    Started by Atiuaf,

    You have the bladder capacity of five people. • You have ever restrained someone and it was not a sexual experience. • You believe that 75% of people are a waste of space. • Your idea of a good time is an armed robbery at shift change. • You call for a name check on anyone who is remotely friendly to you. • Discussing dismemberment over dinner seems perfectly normal to you. • You find humour in other peoples stupidity. • You have your weekends off planned for a year. • You believe the government should require a permit to reproduce. • You believe that unspeakable evils will befall you if anyone says “God, its quiet today". • Whenever you ph…

  8. DaveyG1546620370
    Started by DaveyG1546620370 * ,

    Hey Guys, Anyone going through Warwickshire i thought we could share details here! Its so annoying because i know i have to forget about my app for a while because by the sound of it 2-3months is realistically when we will first hear anything. Just thought we could get some ideas about this force because its rarely mentioned on here... Anyone else in the same boat? if so good luck and hope you hear soon

    • 10 replies
    • 789 views
  9. Airwolf1546620068
    Started by Airwolf1546620068,

    I have my assessment centre on 29th Jan for Northern Constabulary and if I pass that the next day is the Fitness & Medical. I was just wondering if anyone else has theirs on the same day or if you have just done them quite recently do you have any advice that you can give? I have been studying the topics that will be used for group discussion and have had interview experience with Grampian when I failed the interview there so I am much more confident this time round. I have also been studying my application form in great detail to be ready for the interview. One thing I did want to know is about the fitness test. On the bleep test I know that I have to reach leve…

    • 3 replies
    • 206 views
    Airwolf1546620068
  10. nickyk
    Started by nickyk,

    Hi everyone Am I right in thinking you don't get provided with a pair of boots when you start? Im starting on March 20th in Wiltshire and had an awareness event today. Im sure the training Sgt said we need to invest in a pair of boots. Is this the case for every force?

    • 1 reply
    • 642 views
  11. garyroach
    Started by garyroach,

    Hi all i have just booked up for the the talking blues police recruitment training course. Have we got many going from here?

    • 1 reply
    • 180 views
  12. laura_hughes_87
    Started by laura_hughes_87,

    I know this varies greatly but usually specifically the met how long is it? Thanks!

    • 1 reply
    • 311 views
    mitchell891546620349
  13. PatPatPat
    Started by PatPatPat,

    . .. PatPatPat2010-03-01 21:33:02

    • 14 replies
    • 901 views
  14. haylskeegan
    Started by haylskeegan,

    Hi, I hope someone can help...I am currently completing the vetting forms and have stumbled upon some uncertainty with the Security Questionnaire from the Home Office (gold form). On the front, it asks, under general details, what my grade/title or rank is etc. Is this for the job I am applying for or the job I am currently in...there are no notes which go with this form, only for the forms directly from Northumbria Constabulary. Thanks in advance of any help!

    • 3 replies
    • 506 views
  15. just trying
    Started by just trying,

    Hi just finished my frist week and what a long week it has been ! homework from the frist day, am really struggling to remember the cautions and its getting somewhat stressfull for me as i keep getting them wrong. are other in the same boat what tecniques are people using to help remember am particaulary finding the Robbery caution a struggle any advice and personal experiences? thanks

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.