Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
Hey all - just thought i'd see if anyone fancys car sharing to jackton or tulli?!? I live in the glasgow west ...wouldnt mind if anyone around was up for it?! Just give me a wee pm and wee can arrange!! Diane xx
-
I imagine being a police as being a job you have to be really keen and want to do and not something you should enter into half heartedly or if you are unsure if its what you want. I've got my assessment centre coming up and the more reading I've done and the more thinking about it I'm getting more and more unsure if this is something I want to do. Lots of things are adding up: - that I was a graduate so didn’t have to fill out the core competencies on the application form but have now found out that they are a big part of the assessment day (the interview where they ask you the same questions that are on the form) as I don't really know what to say for these - do I …
-
Hey everyone Does anyone know what happens when there is a Bank Holiday when we are at Tulliallan? Do we get the Monday off, i.e. a much needed long weekend at home with family and friends? Or do we still have to go up there for our training regardless? I am in the Feb 16th intake and I think there may be 1 or 2 Bank Holidays while I am up there and it just got me thinking! Thanks Nicola
-
The date being talked about is the 6th of February, 8pm in the weatherspoons at the top of Sauchiehall Street. Make it the top left corner of the pub to make it easier to find people! What does everybody think? Cheers Sean
-
I have ordered two books to help me prepare for the assessment centre. Once has arrived and the other is on its way. Practice Tests for the National Police Selection Process (Succeed at Psychometric Testing) (Paperback) by Bernice Walmsley I'm glad I bought that one as I have found out I have totally forgotten long muliplication and percentages! Passing the Police Recruit Assessment Process (Practical Policing Skills) (Paperback) by Peter Cox Do you think they will suffice or should I be looking to get some more? There are quite a lot on Amazon
-
- 8 replies
- 660 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Just wanted to say good luck to everyone going to the MET tomorrow. Got the day off today and swotting.Just a quick question.....the skills form? Whats that all about? I have managed to fill in the first bit about faith as I used to be a Jehovah's witness and so was on the receiving end of a lot of ridicule when I was younger.But the rest of it I have not got any experience in and was going to put N/A. Anyone else doing this? JOHN
-
- 3 replies
- 132 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, Does anyone have the audio probationer training cds and would they be willing to sell them as i really want them to use at the same time as my studying from text. Its 69.99 on the website which is quite expensive. Cheers
-
I had my fitness date given to me at short notice and for various personal/family issues I've hardly been able to train at all. I would say that I'm not that unfit but I could do more so I'm doing a session tomorrow to try and allay my nerves.... :smiley_vomit: Anyway, my question is going to seem lame but what is the group reaction if someone fails a section of the fitness? Does anyone know? Is it confidential or is everyone standing there staring at you whilst you do the push/pull? I am having these horrible visions of panting and sweating after only one level of the bleep test! Eek! How can you tell I'm bricking it???!! Cheers!
-
Hi Has anyone on here had the experience of transfering their application to kent police? Seriously thinking about doing it, but concerned at length of time, they said over the phone prob 6 months. The met is likely to be quicker, but having a wobble over the long commute and borough posting not being what i want. Thanks
-
Hello, I have been lucky enough to have been selected to come for an assessment day for a Scene Of Crime Officer position. The duration of the day is from 9:00am until 4:00pm but they did not provide any information at all to the content of the day! Has anyone been to one of these assessments? I am really just after some idea as to what will be the content!! Any help would be great Regards pidge1969
-
- 0 replies
- 239 views
- 1 follower
-
-
hi, myself and a few others are extremely excited as we are now at the medical/vetting stage of the process. I have a few questions and was hoping any current student officers from essex could answer a few questions. At what point do we have uniform fitting with essex police and what do we get issued with? Is there accomodation at the training college and can you rent a room? (also anyone wanting to share a flat etc get in touch! i make a great cup of tea!) Just any info would be greatly appreciated......thanks matt
-
- 7 replies
- 1.5k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Well thats it then initial training is done - first day of tutorship on Monday and all of a sudden it feels like i know nothing!!
-
I am currently revising for my Met Assessment day on 23rd Jan. I have been practising all aspects, however don't really know how to parctise for roleplays. I have learnt a basic structure on how to repsond and revised what I need to know. Have read everything I can and have a demostraton DVD. But don't know how else to practise.. as knowone around me knows what its about. Any ideas? * are the roleplays really worth 50% of the marks?
-
Pretty much what it says on the tin... I feel like I have been waiting for ages.... Does anyone have a clue? I have emailed HR and they didnt give much away. If anyone is under North Yorkshire please PM me...
-
Just some info I found out today that may be helpful to anyone like me who has their GMP medical next month (the guys who applied Dec ish 07 and had their a/c in march 08). I had to call recruitment today to change one of my references and also took the oppurtunity to ask about vetting and possible start dates. Apparantly vetting is ongoing throughout your application and doesnt just happen after the medical, she also said that we wont be told whether or not we pass it, basically if we dont hear anything bad then thats a good thing! She kind of possibly implied I had passed what vetting they had done but couldnt tell me, but that could be me reading more into it as im sur…