Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. JNR-88
    Started by JNR-88 * ,

    Hi i am recruiting for the first tym to the met. Got my first event on 24th Jan. Im findin it quite hard 2 do the application questions (which i found online havnt got the real one yet) as i have not alot of experience being only 20. I finished my A-levels at 18 and have only been working as an electrical engineer trainee for 2 years. I was jus wondering wot are the ages of people who are applyin. Is 20 to young? Also i just paid 4 a police course on how2become.com which helps u with the application form, role plays, tests etc. Has anyone been or herd of these courses and are they helpful (2 l8 nw still have to go lol) Thanks JNR-88

  2. tawvie
    Started by tawvie,

    i had my assessment day yesterday and i'm not feeling confident about the whole thing. I feel i completely waffled in my interview and didn't get to complete some of the additional q's i was asked as i ran out of time. Also in my role plays the person making a complaint didn't get to answer if they were happy with what i had suggested. I don't think that's good is it? I feel i totally let myself down and nerves got the better of me i know i could have done much better! any advice.

    • 7 replies
    • 330 views
  3. lcol981546081060
    Started by lcol981546081060,

    Hi All, I have my Day 2 Fitness next week and i'm just wondering a couple of things? I know you have to pass the bleep test level 5.4. Do they do a warm up/streching excercises before the test or do they give you some time to do this yourself? I also heard that they may do the bleep test up to level 3 as a warm up then you start from the beginning to start the test. Once you reach the level 5.4 do they then stop everyone or does everyone keep going as far as you can get to and you drop out one by one? How hard is the push/pull test? I know its push/pull of 35k but is it like lifting 35k weights or like pushing them? I know its done on a dyno machine but never seen…

  4. just trying
    Started by just trying,

    Hi just finished my frist week and what a long week it has been ! homework from the frist day, am really struggling to remember the cautions and its getting somewhat stressfull for me as i keep getting them wrong. are other in the same boat what tecniques are people using to help remember am particaulary finding the Robbery caution a struggle any advice andperosnal experiences? thanks

    • 8 replies
    • 522 views
  5. Top Gun
    Started by Top Gun,

    Has anyone ever been over 30 on their BMI yet their doctor has passed them anyway?? :shhh: Was just wondering - I'm at a BMI of 31 - i've not even heard back from my application yet though so I've plenty time to get below 30, but thought i'd ask anyways :whistle2:

    • 5 replies
    • 223 views
    Jaydee1546620346
  6. Welshmatthew
    Started by Welshmatthew * ,

    Hi guys , just in abit of a panic here , I am suppost to have my day 1 tomorrow , have just had a emergency at home so its going to be a nightmare for me to get there , if i phone and explain this , i dont want to fook up my chances so do you think realisticly they will give me another day 1 date soonish, or bottom of the pile me as im pulling out last minute? thanks hopefully helpfull people

    • 0 replies
    • 213 views
  7. JoDoc
    Started by JoDoc,

    Hi there everyone, I have my final interview date and I was wondering if any people out there who have had there final could pm me an idea of what it will be like, would just like to be prepared but not asking anyone for answers to any questions. A general layout of what it will be like would be very much appreciated! Thanks everyone!

    • 0 replies
    • 116 views
  8. haylskeegan
    Started by haylskeegan,

    Hi :smiley_notworthy: I passed the A/C in Oct 08 and have sent my doctor/optician forms back at the beginning of January - can anyone tell me what I can expect next, I feel a bit in limbo now, waiting for medical and fitness dates, so I know how long I have to work on my fitness mainly!! Any shared experiences would be great!!!! Thanks everyone

  9. Flunky Turtle
    Started by Flunky Turtle,

    I am currently applying for the MET and as i was filling out my details and my partners details she mentioned that her dad has had several run ins with the law. im now quite concerned that this could have a problem with my application. we dont live together and have only been together for a year, i wasnt even going to put her on the application but felt i should disclose it. does anyone know whether this will be a problem. he was in trouble because of punching his neighbour and for having a report filed against him because to teenage girls claimed he "smacked" their heads together. any help will be appreciated:)

    • 2 replies
    • 411 views
  10. rathbona1234
    Started by rathbona1234,

    can anyone tell me how they would word this question in the interview? or atleast give me a rough idea? coz i have answers prepared for RRD, team work, resilience and some ideas for personal responsibility and working under pressure but im stuck on problem solving. thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 223 views
  11. Merged
    Started by Merged,

    Hi, I was doing this scenario earlier with my sister, could anyone tell me where I went wrong please? "You are the senior waiter on duty in a restaurant and you have to deal with a complaint from a male customer, who appears to have had rather too much to drink, that the food has been poor, and that the service has been shoddy." I introduce myself and asked what the problem was, only to get slapped in the face (not literally) with her acting drunk and swearing alot, so I was replying with "I am going to interrupt you there, you have to lower your tone of voice and stop using profanity, as there are families in here and it iss against our policy", so she pushed me mor…

    • 4 replies
    • 277 views
  12. zx7r1981
    Started by zx7r1981,

    Hi All, I'm new to theis post, I apploed to join Cleveland police back in 2006/07 and have my assesment next Month. I just wanted any advice on exactly what I should pe revising prior to going there. I have some books on "police assesment" and have been getting back to grips with Maths etc. What else would be good to have.. i.e current affairs? any hints and tips is much appreciated. Anyone know what type of scenarios may come up? many thanks Kev

    • 4 replies
    • 446 views
  13. Top Gun
    Started by Top Gun,

    Do GMP do the grip test?

    • 0 replies
    • 81 views
  14. sprout_saint
    Started by sprout_saint,

    I have passed every stage so far and I am due to have a medical on the 28th. I have also been informed there is a half hour interview afterwards. Can any one give me any pointers as to what they might be asking?

    • 1 reply
    • 241 views
  15. ryanbarnes2
    Started by ryanbarnes2,

    HAD MY UNIFORM FITTING. WAS PRETTY GOOD, DIDN'T GET TO TAKE IT HOME. BUT IT WAS NICE SEEING ALL THE GEAR GO IN MY KIT BAG. MY "TIT HAT" THOUGH LOOKS A BUT ODD ON ME CAUSE I HAVE A SMALL HEAD ITS NOT VERY BIG AND LOOKS A BIT MISSHAPED LOL.

    • 0 replies
    • 601 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.