Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. jimbo777
    Started by jimbo777,

    was anybody there at this time? I don't think I did that well, but I really need to know for sure! I'm really kicking myself, I should of done better.

  2. Knelly
    Started by Knelly,

    Hi, Does anyone have any ideas when G.M.P are taking on again? Just failed my Merseyside A/C (only just!! dam!) and want to have a idea when I can get going again. Thanks for any help you can give.

    • 7 replies
    • 527 views
  3. drummond
    Started by drummond,

    I had initial interview for Strathclyde on Tuesday,just can't seem to make my mind up how it went.Just curious to see how anyone felt after it, cheers for reply if you can be bothered.... Thanks :smiley_help:

    • 13 replies
    • 324 views
  4. Wemshie1
    Started by Wemshie1 * ,

    Hello all! I was curious if anyone is joining Norfolk on the 16th Feb? I got my pack through the door today, exciting times...

    • 1 reply
    • 403 views
  5. huggy
    Started by huggy,

    Hi everyone, I'm really struggling for preparing an example for RRD for my interview. I have one from my application form where I challenge someone but I also want an example for the day where I'm the other way and just respectful of a persons RRD etc. Its pretty hard trying to think of one that doesn't sound too trivial (to me). I mean could it be as simple of helping an elderly person etc etc. I'm racking my brains there has probably been many times I have done it without realising. Also did anyone script their interview answers or write bullet points prompting. Just wondering as I want to have them all prepared so I can practice speaking for 4-4.30mins so I have a st…

    • 20 replies
    • 415 views
  6. laura_hughes_87
    Started by laura_hughes_87,

    I have my assessement day one next week and very busy preparing- but i am a little confused! In the interview stage- I thought they were going to ask 4 questions (comptency based as in the application form). Will they ask other normal interview type questions? (what are your strengths etc)- bascially will they ask questions not essentially based on the comptencies they are looking for? Please help!! Thanks :)

    • 8 replies
    • 291 views
  7. laura_hughes_87
    Started by laura_hughes_87,

    I am absolutely shitting it!! Ive feeling really prepared for everything apart from the interview...I have come up with scenarios for the compencies and I have come up with a script to guide myself- but not knowing the exact question is slightly unnerving and dreading them asking me something I will have to completely think of on the spot! I know thats the whole idea of it- but all the same its so nerve wracking! On a different note- is it completly out of the question to drive i know they dont have any one site parking- is there available on street parking for 5 hours? i dont want to depend on undependable public transport! Good luck everyone :)

    • 0 replies
    • 236 views
    laura_hughes_87
  8. jamie22
    Started by jamie22,

    Do they ask about your finances at your initial interview? I hope they do to be honest, as id like to clear a few things up!

    • 5 replies
    • 435 views
  9. bexQ
    Started by bexQ * ,

    Hi, I'm currently revising Traffic for my final exam on 19th Feb, before i go into tutorship. I'm on 'disqualified driving' and i have a question: "Whilst disqulaified from holding or obtaining a licence, he/she: - obtains a licence or - drives a motor vehicle on a road" My tutor said there's no need for the vehicle to be moving... but my Blackstones book mentions nothing about this. Does the vehicle have to be moving in order to be classed as 'driving'? I know this may sound like a minor thing but its doing my head in, please help. Cheers

    The Stig1546620068
  10. bob1
    Started by bob1,

    When you're in your interview at the AC should you quote the positive indicators or just hope the interviewer picks up on them? For example, Team Working......" I then offered to reel in and untangle all of our cables" now should I leave it like this or stick " a dirty and unpopular task" on the end. It just seems a bit corny quoting all the positive indicators but I wouldn't want to leave it to chance. What did everyone else do? Thanks

    • 9 replies
    • 244 views
  11. jamie22
    Started by jamie22,

    What sort of things do they look for on financial vetting? what are the main things that will cause you too fail?

    • 1 reply
    • 292 views
  12. JamieP1546620297
    Started by JamieP1546620297,

    Hey everyone i have my initial fitness on the 8th of february, what should i expect i understand its something to with running a mile and a half. Will i be outdoors or will it be the bleep test? What time do i need to score to pass?

    • 11 replies
    • 1.2k views
  13. GraceFace
    Started by GraceFace,

    Hey, got mi name down for the event on the 24th jan with the met. Can anybody please tell me what to expect. Thank you

  14. mattyt
    Started by mattyt,

    Hello! not sure if this the right place to post this, but im new so you can let me off this time! I've had my application in for quite a while with West Mids and i finally have a date for my medical, next wed. It's only the medical and fitness to go, (unless there are any surprise tests!) until i am on the waiting list. A couple of questions.... 1)The letter i recieved only stated a date for my medical, my friend who is going for Gloucestershire was told the dates for his medical and fitness together - how long approximately will there be between my medical and fitness? 2)On my small questionaire it asks if i require single quarters accomodation, i have ticked yes as…

  15. DJR85
    Started by DJR85,

    Passed my medical with Essex Police today!!!! After having2postpone it for 2weeks as was stuck in Jamaica n had2cancel my origional appointment for Nov 18th! Just vetting2go now! Anyone heard anything about possible start dates? Matt was sayin maybe March? Hope so! Dean.

    • 26 replies
    • 833 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.