Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. EllsBells
    Started by EllsBells * ,

    I applied 4 weeks ago, wondering if anyone has a similar application time, whether they've heard anything back yet? Cheers, Ells

  2. tweetyfoo
    Started by tweetyfoo,

    The probationer tomorrow as part of my interview prep (assuming I pass the SETs/Fitness test of course) I want to make the most of the time and ask relevant questions. Any advice welcome

    • 9 replies
    • 572 views
  3. natheley
    Started by natheley * ,

    hi there i am currently waiting to hear when my final interview is and i am just looking for some information on this. From what i have heard it is mostly scenario based question but i would just like some more info on this incase i have been miss informed. thanks Nathan

    • 14 replies
    • 2.1k views
  4. Rich999
    Started by Rich999,

    I found a website the other day that advertised a 3 day intensive course for ex military applying for the police. I've been searching for the link for the past half an hour, does anyone know it? Cheers.

    • 6 replies
    • 758 views
  5. dguk08
    Started by dguk08,

    1) where do I tell them that I am on a DMP? Should I mention it is the 'have you consolidated all your debts with one lender?' 2) half brothers - I have never lived with them, they are much old than me and I don't know their details apart from their names. Will this be okay or do I need to find out full details? 3) Should I include the degree I am currently studying? It's with the open uni so I can study when I have the time and stop if needed.

  6. Megan1545925583
    Started by Megan1545925583,

    Hi everyone this is my first post in your forum. I am going to apply to Lancashire Police in a few weeks when they open recruitment for PC's and have seen different companies online which offer to check your application form and see if it is of the required standard. So my question has anyone on here used these services? If so which one? How would you rate the advice you received? Is it worth the money? And how secure is it? I.e. do they ask you for personal details like previous sir names, national insurance no. D.O.B etc. As all these things are included on the actual application form. Any replies will be much appreciated!! Megan.

  7. dguk08
    Started by dguk08,

    So I'm totally going mad with the application form lol I really want to get in like everyone does of course but how much detail do I need to write for my competency based questions? I have a residential home example for Q1 where a resident was bullying another resident (Indian) both have mental health problems. The team question is based on a christmas party for kids at work. I have to admit that I don't have the most smallest of writing. If I get past this stage, I hate to think how I'm going to get 5 mins worth of answers lol

  8. mats1985
    Started by mats1985,

    i have a ongoing application for a PCSO role and haved passed my medical an am waiting to get confirmation after the vetting an checks have been completed.i was contacted one day this week an asked if i could go to scotland yard as part of the vetting procedure. i was told that one in ten people get picked out randomly to do this and that i had been picked.i was wondering if anybody knew anything about this an any information that anybody had would be appreciated.many thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 269 views
  9. Iceman_gooner
    Started by Iceman_gooner,

    Hi, I'am on Q1 of the competency based questions in the application form; when describing a situation, how specific do they want you to be with what was said. For example, if somebody said "F**king chinks" in reference to Chinese people, would it be appropriate for one to actually put that in writing on the application form? Thanks.

  10. hadley
    Started by hadley,

    Hello, I amm just wondering if anyone can give me some advice, I am looking to buy a new house and am just wondering if working for the police benefits you in any way when getting a mortgage?

    • 3 replies
    • 426 views
  11. rjr
    Started by rjr,

    hey all, justy some advice really. got my A/C for Northampton on tuesday 17th feb, i am confident that i am going to do well. But if i am unsuccessful to get the required 60%, do you know if you can transfer your results to another force. all comments welcome rob

    • 7 replies
    • 1k views
  12. spanik
    Started by spanik,

    Hi I dropped my medical questionnaire at my surgery last week, all the receptionist told me was that my doctor was not in that week and to call them this week to find out if my form has been filled out yet. Well I called them up just now and been told the doctor is on leave until next Monday! I've got my fitness and medical next Tuesday and stressing that the form won't be filled out in time... What should I do? There is no one else who can fill it out apparently.

    • 3 replies
    • 243 views
  13. philholl
    Started by philholl * ,

    hello i am new to this site and in need of some help, I am 19 year's old and trying to apply to Cumbria. I am a bit worried tho because i was arrested when i was 16 because of a fight, I only recieved a warning tho and not a caution and i was told this will not show up on my record. Will this stop me from joining? also my handwriting isn't the neatest will this damage my chances of applying also? also can any one tell me the next time ccumbria will be recruiting police offficers thank you.

    • 3 replies
    • 281 views
  14. Merged
    Started by Merged,

    I've been practicing a role play regarding a shop owner who is being harassed by a gang of youths, questioning the person I find out that the youths are all wearing hoodies. I seem to get everything in (what I propose to do, apologise etc) but the person I'm doing it with gets abit hot headed and says "I'm fed up of these Hoodies", so I thought it was a great time to pick up on the RRD comment and say "I appreciate you are angry, but I can not allow such language to be used here as it is against our equality policy" and then she says "How is saying hoodies against your policy?" so I can't really answer LOL. So my question is, is it really against the policy, better yet s…

    • 9 replies
    • 486 views
  15. amyg84
    Started by amyg84,

    Hi everyone, I don't know if this question has been answered already but I'm just wondering if anyone knows how many training intakes the Met are having? I know there is one on 16th March but I'm wondering if there are any confirmed dates after this? I have heard (whether true or not I don't know!) that they haven't got any more training planned after the end of the financial year meaning that people will have to go on a waiting list. I am currently waiting for my application to come off medical hold, on Thursday! yipee, and then go through vetting & references, so I won't make the 16th March intake. Anyone been offered April/ May dates? …

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.