Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Gavin!
    Started by Gavin!,

    Calling all WYP applicants starting on the 16th march, does anybody live in the general Bradford Area? I myself live in Shipley and was seeing if anybody would like to car share? Saves Fuel, saves the pennies. Gavin

    • 1 reply
    • 228 views
  2. jaks101
    Started by jaks101,

    Hi i have my final interview for th GMP in a couple of weeks and i am thinking about other competency question i can use that are different from my application form (apparantly they have your app form in front of them). what do you think of these two scenarios how can i improve them, what else do i need to add? Team working – I was promoted to manager at a bigger store in Salford and was told that shortly after arriving I would be having a stock take. I knew I would have to involve every member of staff and we would have to work as a team to complete the task successfully. I did not know anyone personally who worked at that branch so the first day I arrived working…

    • 5 replies
    • 323 views
  3. huggy
    Started by huggy,

    Hi I'm trying to get as much revision completed by Wednesday when I have my Day 1. I have been filling in my vetting forms and just have my CCRU form to fill in. I've got to give examples of knowledge / experience of gender, disability etc etc. I wondered how important is the form, is it marked or scored?? Thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 135 views
  4. G07122
    Started by G07122,

    Hi, I am new to this forum so hello. I am in college at the moment and am going to apply to be in the police force. i am concerned about my eyesight. my eyes are perfect when reading up close but i struggle at long distances. at colloege i can just about read the board. i have glasses but hardly ever wear them and i get on fine in day to day activites like driving and other general stuff. on my glasses perscription it says 0.75DS. is this good or bad. i would realy like to be a dog handler in the long term. will my eyesight affect this or not. Thanks for reading, any help would be greatful

    • 5 replies
    • 325 views
    specialteacher1546081026
  5. iona39
    Started by iona39,

    Hi There, I have passed my initial interview and now waiting for vetting..............just wondering how long it takes on average. Also, if anybody could give me any advice on what to expect at final would be GREATLY appreciated. Cheers Iona

    • 1 reply
    • 297 views
  6. tweetyfoo
    Started by tweetyfoo,

    I started training for fitness test about 3-4 weeks ago - try to do a bit of running everyday. (submited application 2 weeks ago) For the first time tonight (on the road running) I run 1.5 miles without stopping - and did it in 13:38 - I have to do it in 14 So I know that there are no flying colours in this pass - but I really feel like I can do it now - which is most of the battle. Got the date for my fitness test in two days ago (maybe thats the kick I needed?) so couldn't have happened at a better time. I have 5 weeks on Tuesday till my test, so now just have to improve my time on the 1.5 mile and also work on my distance in general to prepare for the fitness standa…

    • 5 replies
    • 211 views
  7. La Policia
    Started by La Policia,

    Hello, I took my medical with Essex on Jan 21st and was tolded by the doctor that I had passed.I haven't yet heard anything from recruitment!!!!!!! Is this normal. I don't want to ring them and get my head bityten off. Is anyone else in the same boat? Cheers, Stefan

    • 8 replies
    • 639 views
  8. jonathan123456789
    Started by jonathan123456789,

    Hi i have got my D4 form signed by force doc and got my D2 form from DVLA, is it D1 category i need to get on my licence to be able to drive min bus's?

    • 3 replies
    • 288 views
  9. scottyb0102
    Started by scottyb0102,

    Hi everyone, Just wondering if anyone could me an example of how to set out a propsal document. I no i only have 20min to read wjat proposal to write and then start writing it out.Does anyone think its best to use bullet Points? Any tips or example of one would be good. Thanks . ps, Assessment centre in 2wks.

    • 15 replies
    • 583 views
  10. rossman
    Started by rossman,

    G'day everybody, This is my first post, so a big hello from me! I had my assessment morning yesterday in Coventry for the Bedfordshire police. Incredibly exhausting experience but a positive one. However, I am really leaning toward thinking I have been unsuccessful this time. I definitely fouled up the Numerical test, I answered 18 of the 25 questions, I would have answered them all but the invigilator chap didnt bother telling us we had 5 min / 1min left...he did in every other examination! The Interactive exercises went fairly well, I think I did well on 2 at least, 1 was ropey at best. The written exercises seemed to go OK, but again it is difficult to tell. I …

    • 4 replies
    • 209 views
  11. Mr king
    Started by Mr king,

    Hi is there anyone that can tell me what the disitance is between points on the bleep test so i can have a practise.

    • 4 replies
    • 278 views
  12. gp38
    Started by gp38 * ,

    HI all. I am a single parent (Boy of 15, and a girl of 9), and i am awaiting my start date. Is there anyone out there in a similar situation or already serving? How did you cope? Are your bosses understanding? Is there any help or advice available? I must add that i am not looking for or expecting any special treatment, i am sure i will cope well. However if i do come across any problems or issues i would be interested to know how they would be viewed. Not seen any other posts in relation to this and feel alone. any advice would be welcome thanks.

    • 3 replies
    • 746 views
  13. jz101
    Started by jz101,

    Hello, I did not pass the the met assessment centre but am able to transfer and am looking at going for essex. Do I have to wait until the next recruitment drive or can I do it now even though they are not recruiting? cheers

    • 3 replies
    • 876 views
  14. kilo6
    Started by kilo6,

    Hello, Just wondering if there is anyone due on the March intake at Tulliallan? I’ve just had all my papers through today. Cant Wait... It would be good to get to know a few people before we head down. Cheeeers UR-Control

  15. bi55et83
    Started by bi55et83,

    Hi all this is my first post on here! Really good site! I was looking for a bit of help if possible? I am now 25 and I am applying for the 3 time. I applied when I was 18 and got rejected, i presume due to my age and lack of know how. I then applied when I was 22 to a different force and i was unsuccessful again, due to me not disclosing a £20 fixed penalty fine that I was informed (by a friend policeman) that i did not need to disclose, I obviously did! I am now 25 and being a Police constable is all I have ever wanted to be. I have prepared tirelessly for months, revising, studying etc What I was wanting to know is will my two previous failed applications wor…

    • 8 replies
    • 551 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.