Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. dazzer34
    Started by dazzer34,

    hi all i may of already asked this question but hear goes anyone who has just received their application form could you tell me if the questions are the same as the 2006 one i downloaded from the website its just i have got my answers for the 10 questions then the other day was wondering if the questions have changed in the new applicaton forms if anyone can answer this it would be great

    • 4 replies
    • 2.7k views
  2. Danny 30
    Started by Danny 30,

    Had my AC yesterday, and in some role plays i couldnt identify any beahviour by the actor to challenge. Have i been asking the wrong questions or is it possible that there was no issue? Cheers

  3. lisapfp@hotmail
    Started by lisapfp@hotmail,

    Hi, I have just applied to join the Nottinghamshire Police and feel very nervous at the prospect of the financial background checks. My husband ran into some financial difficulty with his business (due to the crappy financial climate!) and is like to be made bankrupt in the next month. I am not named on any of his financial obligations We have a joint mortgage which will remain in place, and this has always been kept up to date. I have also have a loan which has always been maintained. I personally do not have any defaults, CCJ's or anything registered against me. Will I refused entry due to my association with a bankrupt? I suspect no-one wil…

  4. Borat1546620039
    Started by Borat1546620039,

    Hi, I had my medical yesterday, when i turned up and was seen by the nurse the first thing she said was that i could not complete my medical today as they require my hole medical history. This was a bit of a suprise as i thought they could have told me on the phone rather than me travelling an 80 miles round trip and having to take a day of unpaid leave from work but hay ho. I've also not heard of anyone having to do this on here?? She told me the reason was due to the fact i had three weeks off work, about 2 1/2 years ago due to glandular fever. This is fair enough, she then went through and asked some questions about my medical history which i answered and decided to t…

    • 4 replies
    • 262 views
  5. Griff1546620427
    Started by Griff1546620427,

    Everyone from wiltshire seems to be starting in march any one 25th feb where is everyone

    • 4 replies
    • 297 views
  6. BLUE BLUES
    Started by BLUE BLUES,

    Thanks guys

    • 5 replies
    • 543 views
  7. DefinatelyMaybe
    Started by DefinatelyMaybe,

    Hi I am just wondering are Vetting and Background checks the same thing or are these two different types of check? I only ask as I currently hold a high level of vetting from my previous job in the forces and would like to know if these are taken into account during Vetting. Thanks Adam

    • 18 replies
    • 879 views
  8. Andy0452
    Started by Andy0452,

    hi guys, Currently going through recruitment for the CNC, i'm filling in my forms for vetting and references, which brings me to my question. How good do your references need to be? I haven't had any sick days since i've been with this employer, I do generally ok with my work (don't actually like the job, hence the application with the CNC), but I'm worried about how good my reference will be. i know that my references from prior jobs will be glowing, so how would they view, one good, one not so good reference? can somebody give me their thoughts, as I may be worrying it into a bigger problem than it is..

    • 2 replies
    • 438 views
  9. flashlite
    Started by flashlite,

    Your on the night shift, it's saturday and very busy as usual. You get the chance to grab a bite to eat, what you choosing a good old chicken kebab with extra chillie sauce or a half price subway.

    • 11 replies
    • 244 views
    specialteacher1546081026
  10. Dyfarnwr
    Started by Dyfarnwr * ,

    I've just started on a tutor unit. Over my first few shifts, i've felt nervous and uptight and have really tried to hard . I've had experience of police work before and thought that it would have helped me, but i've been wrong! Any advice on how to realx and approach my training? I've spoken to my tutor but i'm not sure i understand what he means.

    • 2 replies
    • 670 views
  11. flashlite
    Started by flashlite,

    Hi Has anyone else just gone through the new student officer progamme and if so how did you find it ? I have to say that there is far to much theory and not enough practicals. My friends/colleagues who have all been job for a while all went through BRUSHE ( old style training school ) and said it was brilliant with loads of practicals which helped them learn more and they all felt better prepared for operational duties. I wish i had that experience but it's all gone now and this new training style is in. What are your thoughts ?

    • 4 replies
    • 245 views
  12. cassidyd25
    Started by cassidyd25,

    Any one know if you work out of the one Police station full time, or do you operate from all stations in the borough as and when???

    • 0 replies
    • 407 views
  13. Blueboy1546620110
    Started by Blueboy1546620110,

    Hi all could anyone give me a very rough idea of how much your takehome wage increased after being signed off from your tutorship? I have a date with my mortgage man later!!

    • 2 replies
    • 697 views
  14. rogue0809
    Started by rogue0809,

    Hey guys, Well I went to the assessment centre yesterday for Sussex constabulary and feel like I prepared a fair old amount! I had prepared interview answers, practiced some role-plays and practiced doing the planning stage so I had a sound and structured plan etc and finally practiced a few proposals and there structure also. So I went there feeling relatively confident but still nervous as hell lol!! 1st came the role-plays and these seemed to go ok. However, I’m not sure I probed or ‘peeled the onion’ enough lol! I asked what had happened and why etc. then explained what could be done and what I felt should be done to rectify the situation. Always made sure I …

  15. Jo 84
    Started by Jo 84,

    Hello all, I finally received my letter after sending in my application to say I passed that stage. Now I have stage 2 on 3rd March, can anyone help with what I should do or can do to prepare? I know you have role plays and maths test .... and the interview! But the more I think about it the more I am freaking myself out lol If anyone has any advice I would be extremely regrateful.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.