Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. RTT
    Started by RTT,

    Hi all, I've been thinking of ending my application to Derbyshire, waiting the 6 months and re-applying to the MDP. I phoned up MDP recruitment today to ask a few bone questions, and I was told that I didn't have to cancel my application to Derbyshire and therefore would not have to wait six months - I think her exact words were "we don't mind dual applications". I have always thought that you could only apply to one force at a time and that applications could be transferred from force to force but usually only after the a/c. Is this right? and are there any people in the MDP on here with any idea of what it's like working for them? Cheers Rich.

    • 5 replies
    • 2.2k views
  2. maccad23
    Started by maccad23,

    hi all i have my fitness coming up in march and have heard lots of different answers to my question. I am aware of the fitness tests eg the puch pull and bleep test and i know u need to get above 5.4 but i have been told that they warm you up to level 4 first and then after a min breather they start you again from scratch? doen anyone know if this is true?? also when u do reach 5.4- can u stop or do you have to carry on running. thanks

    • 15 replies
    • 242 views
    Kopite1546619987
  3. jamiehall
    Started by jamiehall,

    Hi As the title suggests - I have my day 1 assessment on the 28th Feb. Planning to get a hotel room the night before, as I don’t fancy the 2 hr door to door trip from SE London at 5.30 am! Anybody else got this day? – or am I on my own?! J

  4. dguk08
    Started by dguk08,

    work ref - 'performs satisfactorily and is not subject to disciplinary problems'. I am currently having performance reviews at work, a note is on my file for 12 months, so till Jan 2010. would they inquire at time of ref how my performance was then or just look at the disciplinary? I've had one meeting with HR. caution? - invalid travelcard, details taken, letter recieved, I explained but nothing else (2008). robbery while I was the only staff member on duty, details taken heard nothing (2006) debt - £9k paid off April 2011 at the latest, 2 defaults from 2006 nothing else I'm thinking along the lines of still applying and seeing what happens, it's got to be one …

  5. Clivewal
    Started by Clivewal * ,

    Everything seems fine for my future career plans with the Police but something which has really been worrying me is Family convictions. Me, and as far as I'm aware my immediate family are clean. The only problem is my father. Nearly ten years ago he was convicted of Drink driving, leaving the scene of an accident, obstructing police and one or two others. He got fined and banned from driving. This was nearly ten years ago when he was a bit of an idiot. He hasn't been convicted of anything since, he's clean apart from the stupid accident previously. Realistically what are the chances of me getting in to the Police with what my father did? I'm really worried my future i…

  6. grinner82
    Started by grinner82,

    This will be understood by existing officers! With COPPLANID grounds for an arrest, why do people arrest for section 5 POA? I cant see one that would fit if they gave name and address that checked out. Thanks

    • 11 replies
    • 4.8k views
  7. andrew89
    Started by andrew89,

    Every website I go to it says there are no jobs available but I see advertisements for recruitment everywhere... WHERE ARE THESE JOBS?! so I can apply for some...

    • 4 replies
    • 306 views
  8. stuck
    Started by stuck,

    I currently live in Portsmouth, i have previously looked into applying for the met and i have been to a recruitment day. Is there anyone else that has had the experience of working for a force where they have had quite a distance to commute into work? How did this work? Did it cause problems? Steve.

    • 1 reply
    • 415 views
    rabbit1546619926
  9. chickpea
    Started by chickpea,

    Hello! I am almost in with Northants Police, does anyone know Northamptonshire's shift pattern? Also, I wondered what peoples thoughts were on shifts, 6 on 4 off or 4 on 4 off?

    • 2 replies
    • 825 views
  10. craigy_b
    Started by craigy_b,

    Just looking to see if anyone else is going to Tulliallan on Monday from the Hamilton area? If you're intereested in car sharing give me a shout. Cheers Craig

  11. norwichguy
    Started by norwichguy,

    bit confused as i have spoken to my gp and he has said they wont give me a course of hep b jabs as the police should sort this out at their force occ health unit?? this correct? i ask because my chosen force have told me to speak with my gp.......and visa versa! any help is greatly appreciated!

  12. Cassius Bojangles
    Started by Cassius Bojangles,

    Hi everybody, I just have a quick question. I have sent off my application and have received my assessment day. However, I sent my application off with 2 references, one from my last employer which was a temporary job and one from my university which i finished last year. However, I am now employed by someone else who will give me a good reference and I was wondering what I could do to change my 2 references to being my last employer and my now current employer (scrapping my uni reference in place of my new employer). Is this possible and who shall i contact if it is. I just say this because I don't know if uni will give me a decent reference since I was absent a lot in …

    • 2 replies
    • 578 views
    Cassius Bojangles
  13. geebee
    Started by geebee,

    From Kent Police website, I found a great explanation on the vetting procedure in detail: Kent Police Vetting in Detail Should apply to every Force give or take the order in which some checks are done, eg D&C Constabulary complete the majority of vetting BEFORE the AC.

    • 1 reply
    • 450 views
  14. tubbymonster1545925594
    Started by tubbymonster1545925594,

    Hi, is anyone else down for their assessment centre this year? I know there are some previously for last year but notice are no new posts from this years hopefulls Myself and Conloe are both down for the 17th. I know others had theirs in Feb. How did you folks get on this week? Would be nice to hear anyones stories (understanding the need for none-disclosure) lol

    • 0 replies
    • 724 views
    tubbymonster1545925594
  15. walshster
    Started by walshster,

    Hi there, i'm thinking of applying for the Met but do suffer from hayfever annually for about 4 wks of the year. I can control it with medication and it has led to a little asthma in the past, but as i've got older the asthma has more or less disappeared. Do you think it will affect my chances of joining the force ?????? Also i had sometimes suffered from a little IBS, although it is now under control, would this also affect my chances. Any info will be really appreciated, thanks .

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.