Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Gos24881546620432
    Started by Gos24881546620432,

    Hi All, Can any CNC officcers give me an insight of the force? Day to day duties etc? Cheers

  2. ACJMY2K
    Started by ACJMY2K,

    anyone give me any tips? also if anyone knows the weighting on the different parts ie what should i concentrate most on preparing on? the maths an verbal reasoning sample questions look like a walk in the park, its the role plays im most nervous about.... oh and how long does it take to find out if i pass?

  3. NicholasAngel1546620428
    Started by NicholasAngel1546620428,

    Does anybody know if Norfolk has a final interview to attend after successfully passing the AC? I've looked on the website and there is no mention of it - it says if successful at AC then its the medical and uniform fitting. Also, can anybody tell me what the pass mark for Norfolk's AC is? I'm getting a bit ahead of myself, but just want to get well prepared! Any help much appreciated.

    • 1 reply
    • 243 views
    NicholasAngel1546620428
  4. Louise.
    Started by Louise.,

    Father with CCJ's? Are they an issue? Sorry if its a stupid question!

    • 3 replies
    • 479 views
    Jaydee1546620346
  5. browp1
    Started by browp1,

    I'm due to head up to Tulliallan the week beginning the 16th March and was just wondering whether the accomodation and food etc is deducted from our wage? Any idea what the meals are like? I was going to take a drive up this weekend to get to know the route and was wondering too if someone there would possibly see me for a quick chat if I was to call? Cheers Paul

    • 2 replies
    • 802 views
  6. Fairfax
    Started by Fairfax,

    I know its been done to death, but does anyone with previous A/C experience, have a good structure to follow when you are doing your role plays? I know all four will be different, but is there a basic method to follow, or something which will be good to write up in your prep time to take in with you for all four? I have been looking through the "how 2 become" dvd, which was interesting to actually see some examples in action. Just trying to piece a few things together, so any advice would be welcome. Thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 196 views
  7. dazzer34
    Started by dazzer34,

    hi all does anybody know where the assesment centre is if you join the wiltshire constabulary

    • 2 replies
    • 105 views
  8. huggy
    Started by huggy,

    I was wondering does anyone know the process of MET vetting. If you pass you Day 1, is the vetting done between your Day 1 and Day 2?. Also do you hear again once you have successfully passed the vetting, Thanks.

  9. laurzf1
    Started by laurzf1,

    I'm having a disaster at the moment as my stupid PhD has over-run considerably due to circumstances out of my control, I absolutely hate it at uni but am so far into it I have to finish. I've notified Met recruitment and pleaded for my life to defer until December (they offered me March start date!!) It may sound a bit hollow now since I'm having to delay starting but I would definitely be finished by then. So has anyone had any experience of deferring this long? I know it's gonna be depressing answers, I'm really anxious about this and they said I might have to re-apply! Yikes!

    • 5 replies
    • 775 views
  10. esx_jay
    Started by esx_jay,

    Hello all, I'm looking to become a police officer for Essex. Just wondering really if anyone knows when the next recruitment drive is please? Also, is holding a full UK driving licence mandatory or can one join without? EDIT: Also, would joining the specials (as they are recruiting at the moment) be beneficial to my police officer application once it comes around? Regards, Jayesx_jay2009-02-23 13:33:29

    • 0 replies
    • 310 views
  11. wildhearts
    Started by wildhearts,

    Hi all, hope I'm just worrying over nothing but I received a very short letter from Northumbria police this morning that simple states my medical date for 22nd April has been canceled and that they will be in touch in the future with an alternative date, I'm hoping this is just to do with a scheduling problem and not a problem with my application/vetting. Has anybody else who was due to have a medical with Northumbria on this date also received the same letter? would love to have my mind put at ease as the recruitment department aren't available until Monday and that seems light years away when you're worrying

    • 5 replies
    • 142 views
  12. mrraym
    Started by mrraym,

    hi sorry to bother you all. After researching for hours online I have decided to turn to yourselves for help, especially as i belive i shall recieve more efficient answers from people currently in the force themselves. First a bit of background regarding myself, basically im only 16 and therefore still at high school and I am currently considering going into the police force once i finish college. All going well, i should achieve my A and A star targets at GCSE and hopefully simular results at A level. Im currently located in staffordshire. ( wether this has any effect on my possbile career i wouldnt know) I have quite a few questions, so any help would be appreciated…

    • 11 replies
    • 625 views
  13. norwichguy
    Started by norwichguy,

    have a provisional start of march 20th. called today and informed i was handing notice in early so could go on holiday. essex police told me NOT to hand in my notice!!! and that my file was with the recruitment manager........ what does this mean???? im bricking it!

  14. JoDoc
    Started by JoDoc,

    Hi everyone, just seeing if any of you who i met yesterday are on this! Just passed my final interview yesterday, oh my god what a great feeling!!! Been told they arent having a march intake due to tulli being stretched thin, so next intake is the beginning of april, anyone else joining me? Got my medical this morning and im absolutely loaded with cold but i will be there!!!!!!!!!

  15. paulmadd1
    Started by paulmadd1 * ,

    Hi Everyone, I have been reading these pages for a good few months now, and they have been a great help to me for preparing for the A/C. I was just wondering if anyone thinks if it would be OK to use the same example for Resillience in the interview that i used on the Application Form? I do have other examples but they are not as strong; but don't want to get marked down for using the same example twice. Obviously I don't know what the question would be in the interview but if a question was worded similar to the Application Form question I think I would be OK. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help, Paul

    Wispa1546620328

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.