Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. jessica123
    Started by jessica123,

    Hey just saw on the Met website that there is a typist vacancy.....but it says that they will only accept the first 30 application....its a bit harsh isnt it? does anyone know why they say this...even thought the deadline is 2nd march......i really want to apply

    • 1 reply
    • 242 views
  2. laura_hughes_87
    Started by laura_hughes_87,

    I just really cannot believe my luck! Ive had real problems trying to get my first day... Firstly they sent my start date letter to the wrong address...so I never got my actual start date!! after much discussion and many phone calls the recruitment team finally honoured me another start date as it was an error on their part .If the letter had actually got to me I should have had my day on in november which was now pushed back to the 17th February. Well today came...the 17th Feburary all prepared with all this postponing and rearing to go, bringing my letter, id, photos, forms etc. To my absolute horror..my name wasn't on the list and i got sent home! (even though I had …

    • 5 replies
    • 785 views
    Jaydee1546620346
  3. geebee
    Started by geebee,

    Hi all, I am lucky to be spending a few evenings out and about with my local Force (5pm-10pm). Thought I would share with you the experiences I have had. Last night was my first trip out; in fact my first time in a cop car too! After a quick briefing for the Sergeant who arranged the whole shebang, I was introduced to the Response officer who must have lost a bet and got lumbered looking after me. We are covering a rural area of Devon and first call is to a burglary of a holiday home. Quick inspection, followed by a chat with the victim and a few neighbours knocked on to see if they had noticed anything. None had. SOCA were called to visit for print dusting etc. Back t…

  4. Dawniemanc
    Started by Dawniemanc,

    Hi all, I have my medical on the 18th Feb, I wondered how long you have to wait to find out whether you have passed or not? Do they tell you there and then or do they inform you by post?

    • 38 replies
    • 720 views
  5. ManchesterKathy1546620192
    Started by ManchesterKathy1546620192,

    Just taking a break from revising. Got my final interview at 8.30am tomorrow morning! Anyone else headed up to Sedgely Park in the morning? I'm guessing I'm probably the first one of the day.

    • 20 replies
    • 425 views
    Georgie1545925588
  6. abi0812
    Started by abi0812,

    Hello all, Just joined this site having done my fitness and exams at the week-end for Strathclyde Police. I've got my inital interview coming up soon and I was wondering if any-one had any steers on how to approach this/ what's required etc......PM's or public, all advice gratefully received. Abi

    • 3 replies
    • 189 views
  7. Andi1546620193
    Started by Andi1546620193,

    Hi all Starting my training for Wiltshire Police on the 20 March in Devizes and I was wondering due to it not being a residential course if anyone might be intrested in sharing a flat or house, to save a bit of money!

    • 1 reply
    • 351 views
  8. Drawfyn
    Started by Drawfyn,

    I want to practice some more written proposals before my AC on Thursday, and I've done all of the ones from the Tolley books (and on the Police UK site). Can anyone think of anymore for me to practice? Not had a single practice with the role play, although I have a good structure (the ISPEAK) and I regularly meet and help customers in my role as a CSA anyway. I know the key to this is challenging RRD, asking questions to get more resolving options and bigging up personal responsibility. With regards to the interview, I've got two examples for each competency that cover at least three other competencies in my brain. The maths and English tests I hve not revised much f…

    • 5 replies
    • 198 views
  9. dazzer34
    Started by dazzer34,

    hi all if its possible could some one take a look at my question 1 answer for me please i would like someone who has been through the process themselfs and have already filled out an application form to check this if you can help PM me then i will send the details many thanks darren

    • 3 replies
    • 297 views
  10. mrwalsh69
    Started by mrwalsh69,

    I have just got my provisional start date but i wanna try and get hold of the team who deals with the accomadation and housing needs at Thames Valley Police, can anyone help me please with email address or number etc and who i need to speak to...

    • 6 replies
    • 730 views
  11. sazzle1983
    Started by sazzle1983,

    I had my assessment Centre for Derbyshire at Ryton on Wed 28th Jan - was anyone on this one and have you had your results through? How did you do?

    • 5 replies
    • 147 views
  12. hadley
    Started by hadley,

    Hello, I applied to be a PC for the MET but failed by 1%, I have been accepted as a PCSO but wanted to some advice, Would it be best to become a PCSO for a year then re apply to become a PC or join another force e.g ESSEX or KENT police, Can anyone help or give advice Thank you

    • 10 replies
    • 550 views
  13. bonnieanne
    Started by bonnieanne,

    Does anybody know if being a landlord/lady goes against you for reasons of a "business interest"? I myself have 1 property that I let through an estate agency and my husband has 4. I am in the very final stages of vetting having passed everything else. As everyone knows in this climate property is not selling too well but these properties cover themselves and we don't make a profit as such, they are our retirement fund. Sad at 28 I know!! If anyone has any info it would be most gratefully received. Ta, Bonnie

    • 7 replies
    • 425 views
  14. dguk08
    Started by dguk08,

    So I've been given the address of my 2 half brothers but been told that one has had trouble with the police over drugs, will that affect me? I never lived with them

    • 3 replies
    • 318 views
  15. sassyt
    Started by sassyt,

    Hi, Wondered if anyone can help me? I currently have an application in with northumbria police force and have passed sift assessment and medical, I have discolsed to them that my brother has a conviction for drugs offenses and spent time in prison for this, to which he is still on probation. Im slowly driving myself insane as have spoken to the vetting department with regards to this over a month ago, and they advised they were passing the file back to recruitment with all the relevant information the following day. Ive still not heard anything! Ive emailed them to check everything is ok.... and 4days on still no reply. Im now seriously worried that his idiocy has ruine…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.