Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Carter Smith
    Started by Carter Smith,

    Hi all. I've got my day 1 assessment on the 19th march with the MET. I'm very worried though. I've been looking through the candidate pack and it mentions about financial checks and that a credit reference will be used. I'm £4,000 in debt with uni course fee's (got given a CCJ at one point because i refused to pay it at first as i was originally eligable for government funding). I have a really poor credit rating because of this. I'm currently paying this back at £40 a month. I'm £400 in debt with bank charges which i'm paying back at £40 a month. I've got an unpaid train ticket fare which i'm now paying off at £40 a month (2 payments left). These are my on…

    • 11 replies
    • 10.5k views
  2. Caron
    Started by Caron,

    Hi all, I recently applied for the Specials in the Western division in Dec 08 and I am now at the stage of waiting for an interview at this division (possibly Blackpool) as I passed my PIR test last week which I was really pleased about. I am just wondering if anybody can give me advice on what I could expect from a Blackpool/Western division Specials interview. I am in the process of reading up on the information provided by others on this forum and also information in some library books I have recently booked out. Any guidance/advice would be greatly appreciated as interviews are my weak point especially as I havent had one for 17 years as I've had the same job for tha…

  3. porcupine83
    Started by porcupine83,

    Hi all, I was wondering if anyone knows of a currently serving officer with a transplant? I had one myself a few years ago and am thinking of applying to the Met, do you think this will affect my chances? I am a young and fit female otherwise. Cheers.

    • 0 replies
    • 450 views
  4. Zuk1
    Started by Zuk1,

    I'm colour blind, will this affect my application?

  5. chorlton
    Started by chorlton,

    I'm in my early thirties and am considering a police career. Am I going to find that my age is a hinderance? I imagine most recruits are 18-20. I'm in better shape than I was at 20 so my fitness is not a concern.

    • 9 replies
    • 647 views
  6. ID13
    Started by ID13,

    hi a question to anyone thats filled an application form out this year, can you please confirm that its still the same questions as those on the pinned post by black rat many thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 449 views
  7. sussex_cop
    Started by sussex_cop,

    So what do I need to put in my Go Bag??

    • 32 replies
    • 1.9k views
  8. TheHP
    Started by TheHP,

    Im booked onto the day 1 assesment for the met on 9th feb, just wondered if anyone else on here was in the same boat and how their final preparations are going? At the moment im jumping between confident and bricking it. :smiley_vomit:

  9. ZombieAndy
    Started by ZombieAndy,

    Hi again, im just over 1 month away from my assessment date, and obviously ive been reading books about it and chatting to friends who are police officers already, and browsing around these forums. But i was just wondering, is there anything else i should be doing to prepare myself properly? Thanks in advance for any help

    • 10 replies
    • 322 views
  10. GSLOW87
    Started by GSLOW87,

    I have my assessment day coming up for Fife police. I know I have to learn a piece of legislation verbatim off by heart, and that I have a physical fitness test the same day as part of my assessment day. The whole day takes 8 hours! I also have to give a talk for 5 minutes about a chosen topic which I know about. Can anyone else tell me what I might encounter? Not sure what sorts of questions I will be asked or anything so if anyone can help, PM me or reply here. Thanks in advance.

    • 1 reply
    • 140 views
  11. hadley
    Started by hadley,

    Hello, I am just wondering if anyone knows when BTP london are recruiting next ? As i am transfering my failed MET results to the BTP

    • 0 replies
    • 204 views
  12. Zuk1
    Started by Zuk1,

    Hello, I'm going to apply for GMP on Wednesday when the recruitment starts but I was just wondering how long the application takes because I want to finish my degree before I start (assuming I'm successful). Is there an option to defer my application for a few months?

  13. specialteacher1546081026
    Started by specialteacher1546081026,

    Title says it all really.... How long is the recruitment process for Staffs? I have a maternity contract lasting until October half term and need to consider what to do afterwards. I'm not for one minute suggesting I will even get past the papersift, but has anyone any experience of how long the whole process takes?

    • 2 replies
    • 342 views
  14. geebee
    Started by geebee,

    There are 22 National Occupational Standards that student officers are measured against in the workplace. The Skills for Justice site has a NOS finder that lists them all. For example: 1A1 - Use police actions in a fair and justified way 2K2 - Present detained persons to custody ... They are an interesting read for anyone looking at joining, especially if you are waiting for a start date! http://www.skillsforjustice-nosfinder.com/ Policing and Law Enforcement 2003 (158 NOS's) http://www.skillsforjustice-nosfinder.com/...php?suite_id=13 Policing and Law Enforcement 2008 (83 NOS's) http://www.skillsforjustice-nosfinder.com/...php?suite_id=18

    • 3 replies
    • 445 views
  15. deceptacon_18
    Started by deceptacon_18,

    hello all!! i have my final force interview with Merseyside Police next week just wondering what kind of questions will be asked? i have done thorough research into current operations/ why i'd want to join/motivation and scenarios. any other questions they may ask?? thank youuuuu

    • 0 replies
    • 222 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.