Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. alfie25
    Started by alfie25,

    Hi. I’ve put an application in for GMP, I’m not really confident I’m going to pass the vetting as mainly due to my brother! However around 5 years ago I hit a parked car and drove off as I saw no damage. My registration plate was taken by a witness and I got questioned by the police as the car must have been scratched. Anyway the person’s car who I had hit did not want to take it any further or make an insurance claim. The police said the matter was finished. Around 4 months ago a Police woman said she was making preliminary enquiries as car had been hit and driven off, and as it was near your street and as it was the same colour and car model as your car we th…

    • 6 replies
    • 398 views
  2. Mike the Bike
    Started by Mike the Bike * ,

    As a new member to this site I may be asking questions already asked and for that I apologise. I have recently attended an open day with Thames Valley Police Service and gained an application pack. Now having had a short presentations I have a number of questions relating to the process that I would like to clarify prior to submitting the form. I really want to ensure I am not wasting the Recruiters time or my own by pushing ahead. Could ayone point me in the direction of whom I could speak to in regards some of the questions I have. Some are trivial others not so much so. For instance. I have had a few SP30 tickets over the years, now all clean but as my licence …

    • 2 replies
    • 786 views
  3. Agent Orange1546620448
    Started by Agent Orange1546620448,

    Am I dumb? Why apply for S.23 Misuse of Drugs Act or S.26 Theft Act search warrants? Why not stick to S.8 PACE?

    • 0 replies
    • 389 views
    Agent Orange1546620448
  4. opentoall
    Started by opentoall,

    Hi everyone, I realise this may be moved to the recruitment site but I thought I would start here. I have applied for the MET in December and I have found out that I have passed the paper sift and I am now waiting for my day 1 date. Now, this is the problem, I am still serving in the Army and was due to be out in Aug this year but now due to very complicated reasons (which I am not going to bore you all with) I am having to deploy to Afgan later this year and proberly will not be back untill March/April next year. So after hearing this tale of confusion, what are the opinions of the ORACLE???? Many thanks all input is helpfull and appreciated (apart from abusive inpu…

  5. kitkatchunky
    Started by kitkatchunky,

    Just wondering if anyone is in the same boat as me... I've passed my Day 2 fitness and medical with the Met last Thursday (19th feb), and all they told us now is to wait to hear from recruitment within the next 8 weeks....which seems donkies ages!! Would anyone out there be able to offer some advice/ extra info on how long after their Day 2 did they have to wait to hear back, I'm presuming they've got to do security and reference checks still but fingers and toes crossed it won't be too long.............

    • 12 replies
    • 564 views
  6. ChewiesDad
    Started by ChewiesDad,

    Hi all, first post here so go easy on me... So, to cut a long story short, last November, after having to wait around 2 years to apply, my chosen force finally started recruiting again. I made it through the papersift and now have received my AC date. Now, as Murphy's law states "anything that can go wrong, will", and once again it has been proven to me. My AC date clashes with a MAJOR conference at work that I will be heavily involved in. This means there is NO way I will be granted leave to go to the AC. Obviously, after waiting so long to get this far (and, as I'm perhaps a little older than the average applicant) I don't want to miss this AC. So, I was wondering…

    • 7 replies
    • 314 views
  7. Fairfax
    Started by Fairfax,

    Basically, would it be a problem if on one report you used some bullet points, and on your other report you didn't? Just thinking if one report has alot of potential solutions, for instance, it may be easier to bullet them down. They may both not have lots of solutions, so using bullet points on both would be pointless Hope you understand what I mean, even if I haven't explained it that well! Thanks

    • 9 replies
    • 227 views
  8. ste8
    Started by ste8,

    I have a disease in my eyes called Keratoconus my cornea is thin and i have to work contacts to see, im thinking this is guna prevent me getting into the police now, which i am really gutted about, is it worth me lookin into surgery for this, i cant have laser eye treatment but i have heard about alternatives hope you guys can help

    • 1 reply
    • 260 views
  9. Tinkerbell02
    Started by Tinkerbell02 * ,

    Hey guys!! Anyone got any tips for final interview? got it this Fri cheers

    • 3 replies
    • 304 views
  10. uksniper
    Started by uksniper,

    Anyone attending? In Brum

    • 0 replies
    • 81 views
  11. dazzer34
    Started by dazzer34,

    Hi I am currently self-employed and have been for approx 6 years the problem I have got is filling out the application form in the employment section as there is no work records as I pay my tax online so do not use an accountant. I have spoken to recruitment who dont know what I have to do so was wondering if anyone else out there is or been in the same situation as me as I do not know how to fill out the form correctly as i you have to give employment history back as 10 years but if I put my previous job before this one there will be a big gap in employment etc can anyone help please regards darren

    • 8 replies
    • 290 views
  12. eden92
    Started by eden92,

    Just noticed that Cumbria Constabulary on its website states that it will no longer be accepting PCSO applications, from the wording it looks like it may be permanent thing, but then again it may not! http://www.cumbria.police.uk/jobopportunities_5332.htm

    • 10 replies
    • 634 views
  13. Gavinowski
    Started by Gavinowski,

    Hi I was wondering if anyone can help, I have debts (who doesn't?) and for the past 4 years I have managed to make payments each month without missing a payment. However, I missed a payment on my loan in December 2008 as I changed my direct debit and it hadn’t been set up time to debit my account and as a result the payment wasn't made. When I realised I contacted my bank and they have said it's not a problem and have spread the cost of the missed payment over the next three months. Will this go against me? Also, when I was 18(5 years ago) I got into a spot of bother with a mobile phone bill and as a result, I checked my credit history and it's listing as a default. …

    • 10 replies
    • 543 views
  14. jimbo777
    Started by jimbo777,

    Does anyone know what the dress code is for day 2? Is it ok to go wearing your gym stuff, or should you be smart / casual and get changed there?

  15. amyg84
    Started by amyg84,

    Hi all, I'm just wondering if anyone else is in the same position as me, I applied to the Met in July 08 and have passed my day 1 and day 2 fitness. As I'd had quite a bit (14 days) of sick leave last year due to stomach problems they put my application on "medical hold" for 3 months. Before they did this I had seen a specialist, been put on medication and been fine, which I still am. But the doctor at occupational health wanted to leave it 3 months to make sure I had no sick leave at all and that the medication was working. I am now 2 weeks away from the end of that 3 month period!! It's driving me mad! I have had no sick leave in the last 3 months and my GP is happy w…

    • 9 replies
    • 637 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.