Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. *KAT*
    Started by *KAT*,

    hi, i have two help books for the a/c that i will post to whoever wants them. i will send one to each of the first two people who pm me with their address. they really helped and i could not have passed the a/c without them! bear with me if they take a while to arrive as i am going abroad on weds for a couple of days so may not be able to post them until the weekend. the two that i have are: Police Recruit Selection Process: Ian Colin Hutchison and How To Pass The New Police Selection Process by Tolley. hope it helps!! kat.

    • 3 replies
    • 198 views
  2. Mikester1545925594
    Started by Mikester1545925594,

    Hi, I have passed my assesement centre for essex police and next sunday is my physical test. Looking forward to it, as once its out of the way its just a waiting game as far as im aware? Bit nervous even though i go to the gym 4 times a week and can do the required amount easily, still nervous though! Anyone else with me on the 8th march for essex? Or have any good advice for the physical test. Cheers Mike

    • 52 replies
    • 1.3k views
  3. Gavinowski
    Started by Gavinowski,

    Hi Quick question, I am just going through the vetting process now and have sent the relevant forms back. However, reading posts on here I am not entirely sure if I have missed a part where I actually list all my debts. Does anyone know if I was supposed to inform them of my debts individually on the vetting form? Or does this come up at a later date? I don't have any ccj's or ever been declared bankrupt and only recal it asking me whether I had on the vetting form Pleeeease let me know if anyone knows. Thanks in advance Tori

    • 18 replies
    • 970 views
  4. far-famed_wolf
    Started by far-famed_wolf,

    I am currently looking in to joining the MET. I am currently a member of the TA and was wondering how easy it is to work the two together. TA Commitment is Tuesday Evenings, a number of weekends and a two week annual camp over the summer.

  5. Fairfax
    Started by Fairfax,

    Obviously it is really important to do this, but Im also guessing its equally important not to apologise for something you shouldn't? I can imagine it could be quite easy to do this should a role play actor be really pushy, but I would also imagine it won't be good in the slightest should you let this happen. What did people find the best way of going about this is? Obviously, listening carefully after your "what happened?" question is vital. Is there a safe option of what to say next, without taking responsibility for something you shouldn't be or apologising uneccessarily?

    • 5 replies
    • 346 views
  6. lutty1976
    Started by lutty1976,

    Hello! I am new to the forum, but glad I found it as there seems to be lots of good info on here! I have just received the date for my medical of the 22nd April, and I guess from there I will find out my start date!! Is anybody else in the same position as me? Sam

    • 0 replies
    • 351 views
  7. Jodes
    Started by Jodes,

    If someone could help me with this, Id appreciate it. There is a question under 'Convictions and cautions' that asks 'Have you ever been involved in a criminal investigation (whether or not this led to any prosecution) ...? A couple of years ago, I witnessed a fight which led to someone being stabbed in the heart. I was asked to provide a statement, but I was not required to attend court as the suspect pleaded guilty and was sent down for a few years. I tend to believe that this question refers to the applicant being considered as a suspect in any investigation and not the type of involvement I played, however, I have no issues adding this history if it is relevant. …

  8. kevin85
    Started by kevin85,

    i am still awaiting my results for the 27th feb 2009..... i have heard that the successful candidates will hear first...has anyone recieved their results for this date or in any dates earlier to this thanks

    • 4 replies
    • 146 views
  9. Smelly
    Started by Smelly,

    Hi Guys, I have been reading through the forum and I think that this hasn't been asked yet (I hope not!!) Some people have said that if you fail the fitness tests then you are allowed to take the test three times before being failed. Does this mean three times in one day or over three different days / occasions? The reason for my question is because I am starting to panic. I was only told on Monday that my day 2 is next week and I'm unsure if I should try and change it or not. Any help is greatly appreciated! Smelly xxx

  10. ZombieAndy
    Started by ZombieAndy,

    Ok i was fine and confident right up until today, then i woke up this morning and my very first thought "oh crap its tomorrow!" So i been abit panicy today! have been readin everything over and over, going over my notes, got my suit ironed and ready, got my ID together.. had about 4 showers lol.. So was just wondering now, any last minute advice you guys can offer? any preperation i may of overlooked or anything else you think i need to know? Thanks in advance!

    Mr So Special
  11. Neri1983
    Started by Neri1983,

    has anyone been on a course with this company? how was it? do you recommend it? Anyone been on a course with a similar company?

  12. Merged
    Started by Merged,

    Hey, if someone can spare the time can they please give me some feedback on these two written reports, and let me know if I have missed out on any competencies that could make me fail this part. Your feedback would be welcome. =) Memorandum From Operations Manager To Customer Services Officer Date Yesterday Re Fire Drill As a matter of urgency please write me a report on the reasons why yesterday's fire drill failed to meet the standards required by the Fire Regulations. In your report please indicate what steps need to be taken in order to prevent a recurrence of this situation. ------------------------------------- I couldn't think of much to say for this one! …

  13. ManOfTheHour
    Started by ManOfTheHour,

    Hi guys i am new, well to this site at least, hi! Anyone finding themselves in my situation? I passed ass, fit & med in september 08 and have still not heard a murmer of a start date from Kent. I am getting really frustrated right now because i can't make any plans in case i am training.

    • 2 replies
    • 408 views
  14. kester1546080880
    Started by kester1546080880,

    Has anyone any experience of transfur to Canada and how that is done? im looking at the forces in Canada and some do and some dont take people unless they are residents in Canada before you apply. Does anyone know which ones dont require you to live there first.

    • 6 replies
    • 3k views
  15. Finbar1733
    Started by Finbar1733,

    Hi everybody i been given march the 2nd as the date for my Final interview as i got 59% on my assessment, i have been told about a thousand different questions that i could be on the day but was wondering if anyone has had a final interview lately or any experience with Kent... any feed back would be welcomed!! Thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 223 views
    pugsymalone *

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.