Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Carlito
    Started by Carlito,

    Hi, starting training at Hendon on 8/9 and choosing Boroughs at the moment. I'm a bit older than most of the other recruits, with 2 small kids to shift pattern and travelling are big factors. Is there a definitive list of the Boroughs and the shifts ? Thanks for any info.

  2. RTT
    Started by RTT,

    Ok, so preparing for the written proposals has melted my brain so I'm leaving that until after the in2police course, which leaves me pondering over the interview for now. I know that nobody can give away specific details etc etc. But do they ask a question directly relating to a competency, for example. Tell us when you showed respect for race and diversity? Or is it a particular occasion/more specific question? Any help/tips would be greatly appreciated. Rich.

    • 4 replies
    • 359 views
  3. amyg84
    Started by amyg84,

    Anyone else been offered 20th April start date! I had mine today!!! Whopppeee! Don't quite believe it!

  4. Ross82
    Started by Ross82,

    Hi Everyone. This is only my second post on here, still getting used to the site. Have many people applied for GMP this March? I submited my application last week and its horrible feeling waiting for the postman every morning to see if the letter to say yey or ney has arrived. Does any one know how long it normally takes for the paper sift?

    • 3 replies
    • 170 views
  5. GraceR
    Started by GraceR,

    It's my final interview TODAY!!! Crikey!! Oh well nothing else for it but to take a deep breath and get in there!!!! Please send me positive vibes folks!!! Here goes.............

    • 4 replies
    • 395 views
  6. tanneg
    Started by tanneg,

    So I got home yesterday to find an envelope on my mat. On opening it I was blisfully happy to find that I had passed the assesment centre this was short lived however, and what followed was disappointment and wory. As I read on I found that the pass mark for Cambridgeshire is 50% and I passed by the skin of my teeth with exactly 50% PHEW! I also found that in 4 of the 7 compitencies at least 75% of other candidates did better than me, 2 of the other compitencies I was either just above or just below average and it seems the only thing that pulled me through was scoring 100% in oral communication and being in the top 80% in community and customer focus. Anyway, obvi…

  7. WannabePC4
    Started by WannabePC4,

    Wahooo I have a start date.

  8. rayofsunshine
    Started by rayofsunshine,

    Hi everybody!!! Just enquiring for those of you who have attended this week or whenever, how you felt it went? I attended on Tues, and am quite unsure of how I did!! Good luck to everyone. Amy x

    • 3 replies
    • 193 views
    Georgie1545925588
  9. dalziel
    Started by dalziel,

    hi i really need your help i am looking at sending an application to the met as a pc and one to the gmp as a pcso please can you tell me if this is allowed as i dont want to get in trouble i just feel as if they are two diff jobs any help would be much appreciated kind regards

    • 2 replies
    • 328 views
  10. SBP
    Started by SBP,

    Hi, I posted this on the general recruitment page but haven't had much response so thought i'd post it here: I've just passed the assessment day for Lothian and Borders Police and the next stage is the home interview, assuming i've passed the critical thinking test. Could anyone who's been through the home interview recently please give me some advice as what to expect/prepare? I have been doing a lot of research and I am going to speak to a probationary officer soon but I thought someone who's just been through the process may have some really good hints and tips. Thanks in advance. Chris

    • 2 replies
    • 165 views
  11. agirvan20
    Started by agirvan20,

    Hello there, I have my Standard Entrance Test/Fitness Test with Strathclyde Police in Less than a week (24th March). Does anyone have any last minute Tips or Tricks, for what to do on the night? Andy

  12. SAMMYD
    Started by SAMMYD,

    Hello, I had to find out what each force does as part of their bleep test as they all seem so different. This is just because i'm intrigued and will settle an argument with a colleague who seems to think our warm up is standard. Can you tell me which force you are, and what you do.. I'll start MERSEYSIDE = level 4 as warm up, stretch, then run to failure. First 2 to drop out then do the push pull first, when everyone has finished the bleep.

  13. jimbo777
    Started by jimbo777,

    I've heard for candidates over the age of 30, there is a bit of leeway for being just over 30 bmi. Does anyone know if this is the case? I've been lifting weights for a long time. All the muscle takes me just over the limit at about 31.8 bmi, and I'm 32 years old. on another note, anyone know what the lung test entails in the medical?

    • 10 replies
    • 717 views
  14. cat162
    Started by cat162,

    I recently got told that if you fail 3 applications to the police you can't re-apply again to any force in the UK. Has anyone else ever been told this or know of its true or not as I've never heard this said before?

    • 8 replies
    • 779 views
    Tim in the South
  15. geebee
    Started by geebee,

    I have some books that people might find useful. I am asking for £5 per book via PayPal which will go to The Meningitis Trust. TAKENHow to Pass the New Police Selection System - Tolley, Tolley & Hodge AVAILABLE The Police Selection Process - Ian Hutchinson (slightly cat-chewed front cover) AVAILABLE Blackstone's Preparing for Police Duty - Phil Hardy & Fraser Sampson AVAILABLE Blackstone's Student Police Officer Handbook - Dr Robin Bryant - (2006 Edition) AVAILABLE A Fair Cop - Michael Bunting - (Hardback) £7+ donation for this one, it is brand new! First to PM me gets the book. 1 book per person.

    • 12 replies
    • 1.1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.